• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

alfa romeo is back.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The new Alfas dun have the boxer engines anymore. I dun see any beautiful alfa models after takeover by Fiat.

My very first car was a 2nd hand 1977 sprint...bought in mid 80s for $7000 bucks.
Super cool machiam a baby lotus espirit.
It was white later facelifted it myself with friends and repainted to yellow....Loved that car....many fond memories.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My very first car was a 2nd hand 1977 sprint...bought in mid 80s for $7000 bucks.
Super cool machiam a baby lotus espirit.
It was white later facelifted it myself with friends and repainted to yellow....Loved that car....many fond memories.

i visited the arese plant near milano, and it was empty and sad. :(

are you referring to the 1977 gmc sprint? wow! gas guzzler! :biggrin:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Sprint_/_Caballero

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mean to put a damper on fans of this "marque" but I owned an Alfa (Cloverleaf) once which left me a with very poor impression of the brand. Very nice to drive after a fresh tune up and visit to the workshop, but soon after that ,breaks down often, parts wear unexpectedly fast, and worst was the dealer - very poor standard of model support, doesn't carry parts. It only sold well that time because the Lira was low. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Cheers!

.....in the u.s.! msrp of usd55k. not a bad deal! eeeeeeha

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't mean to put a damper on fans of this "marque" but I owned an Alfa (Cloverleaf) once which left me a with very poor impression of the brand. Very nice to drive after a fresh tune up and visit to the workshop, but soon after that ,breaks down often, parts wear unexpectedly fast, and worst was the dealer - very poor standard of model support, doesn't carry parts. It only sold well that time because the Lira was low. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Cheers!

lira? that was a long time ago. this is now. fiat quality and dealership support have gone up quite some notches after they start releasing the 500 in the u.s. i see so many fiat cars now in the bay area. the bmw mini is taking a beating. :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, that was in the early nineties. I am sure manufacturers have improved their products and quality control, but old lessons and experience learned the hard and painful way are not easily forgotten. In any case when it comes to automobiles, after that experience, and similar one with Chevrolet in Canada, I've decided to stick with Honda or Toyota, they may be common and to some, even mundane, but expenses will be spent mostly on car's running and upkeep and not for unnecessary workshop charges. For Alfa, don't see them in Canada at all.

Cheers!

lira? that was a long time ago. this is now. fiat quality and dealership support have gone up quite some notches after they start releasing the 500 in the u.s. i see so many fiat cars now in the bay area. the bmw mini is taking a beating. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

That's why it's aka Alfa 'lor miang.'

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doesn't mean you drive an Alfa you can be a Romeo.
It either go very fast or just stay put in the workshop.
One of the problematic European car for your need of speed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i visited the arese plant near milano, and it was empty and sad. :(

are you referring to the 1977 gmc sprint? wow! gas guzzler! :biggrin:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Sprint_/_Caballero

No. The alfa romeo sprint was the 2 door coupe version of the alfasud. Sometimes refer to as the alfasud sprint.
It wasn't a gas guzzler....they had variants from 1.2L to 1.7L....mine was the 1.4L.....just nice enough power and could outrun even the 1st generation celica GTs then.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. The alfa romeo sprint was the 2 door coupe version of the alfasud. Sometimes refer to as the alfasud sprint.
It wasn't a gas guzzler....they had variants from 1.2L to 1.7L....mine was the 1.4L.....just nice enough power and could outrun even the 1st generation celica GTs then.

Almost bought one in the mid to late 80s. Until my mechanic friend told me not to. Cant recall the model but the clover green was its best seller.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost bought one in the mid to late 80s. Until my mechanic friend told me not to. Cant recall the model but the clover green was its best seller.

It does not have power steering which is good unlike the pussy steering nowadays on most cars that you cant even get a feel of the road. This car is built for fun and sharp handling dont expect comfort and able to bring your entire family out.