• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More horrible weather in this useless country

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

Passengers left trapped on tarmac for five hours

2:27 PM Monday Jul 14, 2014

SCCZEN_A_090411NZHNSCHINA8_220x147.jpg

The China Southern flight's arrival in Auckland was delayed six hours. File photo / Natalie Slade

Were you on the delayed flight? Contact the Herald with your story here.

Passengers on a fog-affected flight were stuck on board a plane for five hours as it waited on the tarmac at Christchurch airport this morning.

The China Southern flight bound for Auckland was diverted to Christchurch because of thick fog in the city of sails.

Flight CZ335 from Guangzhou was scheduled to arrive in Auckland at 6am, but finally landed in Auckland more than six hours later at 12.46pm, an Auckland Airport spokesman confirmed.

A Christchurch Airport spokeswoman said the plane sat on the tarmac for five hours before departing for Auckland.

"When an international flight is diverted to an airport, a number of different companies and agencies are involved in decisions around the aircraft and its passengers," she said.

"In today's case, the airport company was not involved in any decisions about the plane's passengers."

More than 60 domestic flights have been cancelled at Auckland because of fog and 11 were still delayed this afternoon.
Fog had lifted by 11.25am, the Auckland Airport spokesman said.

Passengers on a private aircraft from Melbourne was diverted from Auckland to Wellington.

Jetstar flight JQ216 from Singapore was also delayed by 25 minutes due to the fog, Auckland Airport said.

Passengers are advised to check the airport's website for the latest flight arrival and departure information here.
- APNZ

Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 hours in the plane as it stood on the ground is a torture for the passengers. They should have been deplaned unless there was no room in the holding area.

Passengers left trapped on tarmac for five hours

2:27 PM Monday Jul 14, 2014

SCCZEN_A_090411NZHNSCHINA8_220x147.jpg

The China Southern flight's arrival in Auckland was delayed six hours. File photo / Natalie Slade

Were you on the delayed flight? Contact the Herald with your story here.

Passengers on a fog-affected flight were stuck on board a plane for five hours as it waited on the tarmac at Christchurch airport this morning.

T=Arial]Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited

[/FONT]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The wind is a lot lighter this week but it's coming from the South Pole and is sucking up freezing cold temperatures.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-185.28,-40.58,3000

Queenstown is cold but very picturesque at this time of the year. I encourage everyone to visit at least once in winter but book early because the ski season increases demand for hotels.

I'll be popping in next week for a few days of photography. Wish me luck.

1349956.jpg

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
dude i agree with ur title but u got the country wrong,singapore is a useless country with the shittiest muthfarking weather ever....god just try walking outside at 1 o clock in the afternoon.u cant walk a hundred meters without feeling like ur gonna die of heatstroke.

Right. Getting hotter by the year. It was never this hot when I was growing up.
All the built up areas and roads must be turning us into a gigantic heat sink.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks to global warming cold angmo countries have now become warmer and more pleasant!

morning aircon weather later will be warmer!

clear skies today! without a single cloud. I will go jogging later!!