• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eizo UHD 24" on the way

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Eizo Brings to Light New Small Color Edge 4K Monitors

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/video/news/eizo-brings-light-new-small-color-edge-4k-monitors

By Stephen Janiszak |
3 months ago

Squeezing 4K resolution into a 24" monitor may seem like a simple process, but being able to retain 4K resolution with pixels packed so tightly together, it becomes difficult to see all the detail in the image, and as such may not be such a simple process. At this year's NAB, Eizo showed two prototype 10-bit 4K resolution Color Edge Color Calibration monitors that push the viewing resolution of smaller panels to the to the limit. These Color Calibration monitors share features with Eizo's other Color Edge Monitors, which prevent brightness and color drift, ensuring consistent display performance throughout the day. The 24" monitor offers 3840 x 2160 UHD resolution, an actual 1,000:1 contrast ratio, and it displays 99% of Adobe RGB, 93% of DCI, and 100% of the REC 709 color space. The slightly larger 31" monitor displays 4K resolution of 4096 x 2160, which even in this larger-sized panel, strains the eyesight of the sharpest observer, discerning all the highly articulated detail in the image. It offers Both Display Port and HDMI inputs, a 1500:1 true contrast ratio, and displays 99% Adobe RGB, and 98% of the DCI gamut, making these two powerful tools for working with color accurate imaging tools.

Please check back for pricing and availability
Eizo-Coloredge.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
24 inch only??

too small.

not good enough, why not get the 31 inch one??

It's the perfect size for stills photography. I use two screens. the main 24" for the images and a 22" for all the pallets

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the perfect size for stills photography. I use two screens. the main 24" for the images and a 22" for all the pallets

no it is not, i know you old , still using nokia phone, i know 24 inch , you are used to.
it is time to get your old backside to the 21 century, buy the 31 inch 4k monitor and iphone 6.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recently i bought a 4k monitor.
because i cannot wait for new one any longer
due to the bad sale on the first batch of 4k monitors, no new monitor came out.

OMG, half my photo suddenly became too blur. On 30" inch monitor , some photos are acceptable due to camera shake, DOF, suddenly become unacceptable.
4k monitor really show the detail.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
recently i bought a 4k monitor.
because i cannot wait for new one any longer
due to the bad sale on the first batch of 4k monitors, no new monitor came out.

OMG, half my photo suddenly became too blur. On 30" inch monitor , some photos are acceptable due to camera shake, DOF, suddenly become unacceptable.
4k monitor really show the detail.

As long as it is sharp when printed, that's all that counts. :wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as it is sharp when printed, that's all that counts. :wink:

great that your client accept this.

Suddenly my fujifilm X camera look like shit compare to my old 5D2. After my 4k monitor upgrade. Not a nice feeling.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
great that your client accept this.

Suddenly my fujifilm X camera look like shit compare to my old 5D2. After my 4k monitor upgrade. Not a nice feeling.

You cannot judge pixels on a monitor.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You cannot judge pixels on a monitor.

judge prints?

you are old school.

welcome to the 21 th century.

very few people still print out their photos.

They just look at the photos on the LCD screen.
Oh, the vinyl records, and cd are dead too.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
judge prints?

you are old school.

welcome to the 21 th century.

very few people still print out their photos.

They just look at the photos on the LCD screen.
Oh, the vinyl records, and cd are dead too.

1. Vinyl records are NOT dead. The segment is booming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_revival

2. My photography guru who taught me most of what I know is Jackie Ranken. She emphasises and I quote :

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/exposure-pro-jackie-ranken/

"My workflow process has changed. I probably spend more time behind a computer then I did in the darkroom (much of this time is writing and running a business). My darkroom equipment is currently packed away. When I do get the time to sit, process and play with my images I believe I can achieve a wider range of tones with digital technology as I have more control. I can produce black-and-white photographic prints made from my Canon Pro 9500 Mark II that have the same characteristics as a traditional fibre-based analog print made in the darkroom, but I have more choice of papers and it's more immediate.

My creative process is not complete until I have produced a print; the ultimate expression is to show the work as an exhibition and/or book."

Sharing photos digitally is quick and convenient but the ultimate display medium for a great photograph is always in PRINT.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vinyl record is dead, 35mm film is dead. CD is dead.
nokia phone is dead too.
Everything you like is dead. Old school!
looking at photo print is going to die soon.
in the future, everyone will have an ipad like device and sharing photo and passing photo with these device. No one will print.
Even photo art gallery will show photo on OLED screen. The future.

I am pulling my hair out. After i got the 4k monitor. Looking through old photo piss me off. They now look so blur. especially xe-1 with their zoom lens. canon 5d2 with their zoom lens look good.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Vinyl record is dead, 35mm film is dead. CD is dead.
nokia phone is dead too.
Everything you like is dead. Old school!
looking at photo print is going to die soon.
in the future, everyone will have an ipad like device and sharing photo and passing photo with these device. No one will print.
Even photo art gallery will show photo on OLED screen. The future.

More and more people are printing photobooks. It's a booming business. Sales of high end printers is up too.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtrader...torage-high-end-smartphones-says-wells-fargo/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vinyl sales continue to grow, but does music sound better on a record or digital streaming? - ABC News
12007734-16x9-xlarge.jpg
ABC audio engineer Adrian Sardi explains the sound of music on vinyl.
This year vinyl records are set to generate more revenue for the Australian music industry than CDs.
Key points:
  • The popularity of vinyl has increased as streaming becomes widespread
  • The trend is in-part being buoyed by people who enjoy collecting rare LPs
  • But a fierce debate remains about which medium delivers the best sound
It is a stunning rebound from 15 years ago when vinyl, which was once the biggest and most valuable music format, was banished to an audio graveyard full of cassettes and 8-tracks.
But in an era when virtually any song ever commercially released is available to anybody with a mobile phone, an age-old debate rages on among audiophiles.
Does music really sound better on vinyl?
"You've got to be delusional to think that vinyl sounds better," ABC audio engineer Adrian Sardi said.
"If people knew what has to be done to the audio before it's even cut onto a disc, let alone the stages that it then goes through to be pressed …"
Sardi would know — he has had a love affair with vinyl since his days DJing in sweaty nightclubs across Perth in the 1990s.
But perhaps of greater relevance, he is one of only a handful of people in Australia who own a short-run vinyl record cutting lathe, which he keeps locked inside a sleek home studio.
A piece of equipment cutting music onto vinyl
Adrian Sardi owns one of the only short-run vinyl record cutting lathes in Australia.(ABC News: Hugh Sando)
"Vinyl is a flawed and compromised medium and I do have to laugh when a lot of audiophiles will rave about vinyl and spend $20,000 on a turntable," he said.
"If you want to talk purely analogue, tape sounds better than vinyl.
"You don't have crackle, you don't have surface noise, you don't have issues with distorting higher frequencies."
However, Sardi said the question of preference was entirely subjective.
A man sits in a dimly lit room working on audio files on a computer
Mr Sardi uses software to compress audio files ahead of the music being pressed on a vinyl LP.(ABC News: Hugh Sando)
"I like the medium — warts-and-all kind of thing," he said.
"It is not as clean and pure as digital. There's something about vinyl … the sound, but also the feel.
"But when people say vinyl sounds better then a digital file — no it really doesn't."
Who is buying records in 2020?
Sardi said the rise of the compact disc in the mid-1990s and its dominance of the market in the early 2000s made vinyl obsolete.
"It was almost on death's door," he said.
A DJ performing with two turntables in a dimly lit space.
DJs are credited with keeping vinyl alive while CDs dominated the mainstream music market.(Supplied: Unsplash/Zaya Odeesho)
"The only industry that was keeping vinyl alive at that point were the DJs because they were buying everything on records to mix them with their turntables.
"But now the DJs have gone fully digital and it's kind of all the bands and the indie kids who are into records now.
"So, it's kind of a weird full circle."
The Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) has predicted the revenue generated from vinyl sales would outstrip both CDs and digital downloads at some point this year.
"CDs are pretty much null and void as a medium now, virtually no one buys them," Sardi said.
A CD in its case with a red sticker attached to the side
The packaging of Kanye West's popular 2013 album Yeezus was pegged as an 'open casket' tribute to the death of CDs.(Supplied: Philip Rechter)
"The cool thing about vinyl is … you listen to the music in a different way as opposed to sticking on a Spotify playlist because you physically have to get up and change the record.
"When you put on a playlist you're kind of passively listening to it in the background — a lot of the time you're driving, or walking, or at the gym.
"I think music in general has become this secondary thought for a lot of people.
"It's not like back in the day when you'd sit in your lounge room and you'd put a record on and you'd have these fantastic hi-fi speakers."

YoutubeCompare how a song sounds at different bitrates
Sardi said he believes the yearning for a physical product is sustaining the sale of vinyl, much in the way books are still popular even with the advent of e-readers.
"You've got the artwork — and the artwork looks amazing on a big 12-inch disc you know, it's beautiful," he said.
"You don't get that with digital files, you just get a tiny little jpeg [image] on your phone.
"The liner notes … I used to read 'who produced this? Who was the guest musician?'
"You don't get any of that information anymore with digital files, at all."
The 'romance' of a record
At 27, vinyl collector Matt Coniglio grew up in an era when CDs were king and online music piracy was at an all-time high.
A man with a black shirt on sits in front of his record collection
Matt Coniglio describes himself as a 'crazy, vinyl enthusiast collector nerd.'(ABC News: Gian De Poloni)
He is part of a new generation of vinyl enthusiasts where the appeal is everything but the actual sound.
"From playing it front to back and it touches a memory or an emotion, because you might play a certain record with a certain person.
"You have all these different connections so it just makes the music more than what it is, because you've got this physical connection with it."
He began collecting vinyl before he even had a record player.
"It's a way of supporting an artist, but also you're a teenager, you want to put that up in your room, it just looks cool," he said.
A collection of coloured vinyl records laid out on a table
Modern vinyl records are being increasingly pressed with coloured, marbled and picture prints.(ABC News: Gian De Poloni)
For Coniglio, the greatest appeal was the thrill of hunting and collecting rare records.
"It becomes an experience, record shopping," he said.
"I would find a record that I'd have no idea what it was. I'd just like to play a guessing game — you might win, you might not.
"I found a couple of my favourite artists through doing that. It was a lucky dip."
A man with a black shirt on sits in front of his record collection, pulling out a vinyl to look at
Matt Coniglio says there is a certain romance to collecting vinyl.(ABC News: Gian De Poloni)
The hunt then turned into a lucrative obsession.
"That's when I started subscribing and following all of my favourite artists on their social media platforms, and making sure I would have notifications set to my account so when a small or rare, limited release of like 500 or so copies dropped, I would get an instant notification," Coniglio said.
"I could instantly buy these records — some of them sell out within minutes so it was like, woah, I'm obsessed, I need this record.
"It's honestly just crazy what people could spend on a record — I think the most I've spent was under $200."
Customers browse vinyl records at Greville Records in Prahran, Melbourne.
The revenue generated by vinyl sales in Australia is set to bypass CDs in 2020.(ABC News: Danielle Bonica)
He then began selling his collection to other hungry vinyl hunters.
"The most expensive I've sold a record for was around $650," he said.
"There are people out there who will drop thousands of dollars on a single record and that's something to be cashed in on.
"There's a market for everything."
Vinyl here to stay
The so-called "vinyl revival" has become so big in Australia, ARIA launched a chart in 2018 specifically to track vinyl sales.
The top selling record last year was Queen's Greatest Hits compilation, an album originally released in 1981.
Legacy artists such as The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac and Elton John were also best-sellers, alongside releases from contemporaries like Billie Eilish and Tame Impala.
A close-up of the meandering grooves on a vinyl record
A close-up of the grooves on a copy of John Farnham's Whispering Jack. The louder the track, the wider the grooves are.(ABC News: Gian De Poloni)
Sardi said he only saw demand for the medium increasing as music consumers became more entrenched in the digital world.
"I think there's a lot of people who buy them, put them on the shelf and just listen to the digital file," he said.
"I think they like also supporting the artists.
"I think where vinyl has increased is the more indie and underground sort of stuff … but at the same time you're getting Katy Perry on vinyl.
"I like the fact that this is something that's staying alive, something that I grew up with."
Posted 2h