• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raging battle with books caught in between

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It certainly is not a crisis so it is neither a raging battle but there is certainly a full scale confrontation between gay community and the segment of society that is gaining intensity.

The issue is certainly not books, not the NLB either but a wider issue. Lines have been drawn, the gauntlet thrown down and people taking sides. Howard Lee's article on the Minister was completely irrelevant.

This has also got nothing to do with freedom of expression, censorship or an open society.

This goes towards the desire to normalise homosexuality and the those that will not allow it. The question now is, have the Gay rights lot overplayed their hand. I don't think Singapore is ready to be a blackmailed by a small segment of society.

Cancellation of literary events associated, organised or sponsored by NLB by gay community and their friends are not going to bring more sympathy to their cause and it will certainly not bring this country down. Singapore has pored millions into the Arts and the very people who benefited from it in terms of grants and sponsorship, facilities and endorsements are now trying to bite the hand that feeds some of them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The problem with the current PAP leadership is that they have not been decisive enough on the pink issue possibly because the guy who likes pink could be pink too but has not told his dad. He's waiting for him to kick the bucket before he comes out of the closet.

Homosexuality should either be embraced or condemned. There is no middle ground. Putin drew the line in the sand very clearly and the faggots in Russia know where they stand. The PAP should do the same and quickly if they don't want the current situation to fester. Wait too long and the beachhead would already have been established.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect the government to step in soon. They will do what they did over Fridae when then Minister of State Balaji made known the government 's stand.

This has grown out of hand in a matter of days. Some influential bodies and people have engaged senior government officials in as many days. I understand that. Morgan. Stanley and Barclays will be summoned real soon.

I agree that a line needs to be drawn if not this will fester and the more proxies like NLB will be exploited.

The problem with the current PAP leadership is that they have not been decisive enough on the pink issue possibly because the guy who likes pink could be pink too but has not told his dad. He's waiting for him to kick the bucket before he comes out of the closet.

Homosexuality should either be embraced or condemned. There is no middle ground. Putin drew the line in the sand very clearly and the faggots in Russia know where they stand. The PAP should do the same and quickly if they don't want the current situation to fester. Wait too long and the beachhead would already have been established.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have many thoughts on the matter of gays vs families.

Politicising the issue is going to make it far worse as it is just minority seeking to legitimize by the force of the law what is clearly unnatural.

Remember the earlier days when a nick called Robox would try to lay unassociated accusations against people that disapproved of homosexuality.

I dread the day to see a person getting persecuted just because they dislike gays, but this is exactly what the people pushing the gay agenda are doing; by accusing people of all and sundry (zealotry, extremism, racism, bigotry etc.), to frame the agenda such that they deflect attention from their fringe lifestyle to score sympathy the moderates and cloud the issue sufficiently to sway the the undecided with guilt and misinformation.

Push come to shove, my family and friends would vote PAP the minute any opposition dare to even dabble with gay "rights".

Yes, consider yourselves on notice, SDP, NSP and RP.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Push come to shove, my family and friends would vote PAP the minute any opposition dare to even dabble with gay "rights".

Yes, consider yourselves on notice, SDP, NSP and RP.
sdp could, might be naive at 1st but at least csj declared they have no "pink" agenda.

nsp, rp? what did they do?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Robox and he is one of the main reasons why this forum was moved.

I have many thoughts on the matter of gays vs families.

Politicising the issue is going to make it far worse as it is just minority seeking to legitimize by the force of the law what is clearly unnatural.

Remember the earlier days when a nick called Robox would try to lay unassociated accusations against people that disapproved of homosexuality.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember Robox and he is one of the main reasons why this forum was moved.

ironically it was a good move. Barely anyone visits the old spin offs like 3 in 1 for example. The same old shit still goes on there like back in the delphi days of sammyboy. With endless name calling literally going upwards of thousands of posts this is just one example and since you are not actually in charge of delphi just a sub forum well you could not ban nicks.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue has completely nothing to do with the assessment of Scroobal. What Scroobal says is irrelevant to the issue but a clear act of misdirection.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ironically it was a good move. Barely anyone visits the old spin offs like 3 in 1 for example. The same old shit still goes on there like back in the delphi days of sammyboy. With endless name calling literally going upwards of thousands of posts this is just one example and since you are not actually in charge of delphi just a sub forum well you could not ban nicks.

You don't understand. Robox and the SDP clique nearly brought the forum down. Imagine if Sam had failed to create the new vbulletin forum.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done PAP, I hope the additional votes you've gained from conservative/homophobic parents will more than offset the loss of votes from the gay folks. Some of them were your NDP choreographers you know... not your typical riff-raff. :rolleyes:

And for you Christians out there: your beloved PAP govt is so utterly confused, it also banned a perfectly legit Christian site.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It certainly is not a crisis so it is neither a raging battle but there is certainly a full scale confrontation between gay community and the segment of society that is gaining intensity.

The issue is certainly not books, not the NLB either but a wider issue. Lines have been drawn, the gauntlet thrown down and people taking sides. Howard Lee's article on the Minister was completely irrelevant.

This has also got nothing to do with freedom of expression, censorship or an open society.

This goes towards the desire to normalise homosexuality and the those that will not allow it. The question now is, have the Gay rights lot overplayed their hand. I don't think Singapore is ready to be a blackmailed by a small segment of society.

Cancellation of literary events associated, organised or sponsored by NLB by gay community and their friends are not going to bring more sympathy to their cause and it will certainly not bring this country down. Singapore has pored millions into the Arts and the very people who benefited from it in terms of grants and sponsorship, facilities and endorsements are now trying to bite the hand that feeds some of them.

Two immediate reactions on my part:

Right now all the gays want is to be treated as equal humans in the eyes of society. No one has pushed for gay marriage and other privileges yet although I acknowledge that once some leeway is given that will be the next thing on the table.

Secondly I sense a hidden hand. I have not recalled a previous instance except the aware saga a few years ago where the two groups clashed like this. In the aware saga there was definitely a hidden hand

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This I got to agree with you, the PAP should make a firm stand on this issue, rather, than standing on "middle ground" trying to please both side. I would stand with them on HOMOSEXUALITY SHOULD BE CONDEMNED.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This I got to agree with you, the PAP should make a firm stand on this issue, rather, than standing on "middle ground" trying to please both side. I would stand with them on HOMOSEXUALITY SHOULD BE CONDEMNED.
if thats the case. if they make that stand, then MPs and minsiters will gay children , relatives, all got to hide them in the closet and cannot say who is related to who?

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Secondly I sense a hidden hand. I have not recalled a previous instance except the aware saga a few years ago where the two groups clashed like this. In the aware saga there was definitely a hidden hand

The hidden hand is God's new sinkie holy army?

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
if thats the case. if they make that stand, then MPs and minsiters will gay children , relatives, all got to hide them in the closet and cannot say who is related to who?

You mean Fool Mee Hard has a gay relative sharing the same sir name as you?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In my mother's generation...they will drown the babies..I am not kidding!...that is why you hear " I picked you up from the dustbin"..many went there too..especially girls!.

They have to make a stand on this...even the Catholic Church is wavering on this...for fear of loosing members!!. The actions & lifestyle of the gays should be condemn & not to be promoted....but we must respect them as a human being.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In my mother's generation...they will drown the babies..I am not kidding!...that is why you hear " I picked you up from the dustbin"..many went there too..especially girls!.

They have to make a stand on this...even the Catholic Church is wavering on this...for fear of loosing members!!. The actions & lifestyle of the gays should be condemn & not to be promoted....but we must respect them as a human being.

i doubt they will make a stand

too many relatives in the closet

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it is a hidden hand. I think the pinkdot lot were quite insensitive and pushed the envelope a little too hard and there was a backlash.

There has been a groundswell over CPF, over foreigners, overcrowding, loss of jobs and in the middle of it, these guys are prancing around claiming they have a bigger turnout.

VW did not favours, and overstayed his welcome.

We all stepped in when a bunch of prudes hijacked Aware claiming that MOE was losing control over sex education and encouraging students to accept gays amongst other things but we still kicked them out. Now they doing the same with the other lot. Trying to get balance back.

Right now all the gays want is to be treated as equal humans in the eyes of society. No one has pushed for gay marriage and other privileges yet although I acknowledge that once some leeway is given that will be the next thing on the table.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal

Asking for the right to love and marriage is forcing a dangerous precedent in hijacking normalcy.

It is by these "progressive" steps that will reach a point in which the gay agenda will be advanced, where there is then no turning back.

Not in any order or progression but the gay internet is now buzzing of the "future" of the gay agenda:

1) The right to have kids via surrogate wombs.
2) The insistence of de-sexing of primary school going children with the view of programming out discrimination (read: heterosexuality will not be normal in that future)
3) Making all parents sign an undertaking that they are not homophobic at home or in public with expulsion from school for the "unlawful".
4) Banning all religions from school that have teachings against homosexuality
5) Insisting that all religious schools are declared extremist and detrimental to a "civil" society.
6) Consitutionalising the election of a homosexual representative in all school boards.
7) Criminalising the use and mention of male/female gender associations in media and religious associations
8) Demanding the crack pot science of the homosexuality "gene" to be placed as cutting edge and tax payer funded (read: Nazi search for the Aryan gene)
9) Pink-washing of all religious literature and media. Bible, Torah, Koran etc. must now emphasize homosexuality as a lifestyle and not an abomination

There are many gay political websites talking about these issues now. I know these because my best friend is a homosexual because he sometimes shares with me the story from his side and point of view.

I fear the biggest mistake SG will make would be to allow homosexuality to gain a political platform, a forum in which they can constantly play victim as if they were of a special category of the human race a to tear down the "oppressive" heterosexuals.

Until the day I see a child naturally conceived by 2 men and birthed via a penis or 2 women without the intervention of science, homosexuality by genetics is and will until then, not part of the natural order.