• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Bible is Right!! God Exhalts Those Who are Humble!!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 Peter 5:6
New International Version
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

James 4:6
New International Version
But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...ilt-humility-loyalty-pride.html#ixzz373q1dsfG

Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

I can think of no better model of humility than our Lord Jesus himself. And to me personally, no verse explains that better than how Paul describes Him in (Philippians 2) when he urges us to let this mind be in us which was also in Christ, who being in the form of God made Himself of no reputation, humbling himself and becoming obedient to the point of death, even death at the cross. It was this same Jesus who washed his disciples’ feet, asking them to do likewise.

Humility is a theme woven throughout the Scriptures by the God of the Bible…God has always exalted the humble and given them His grace, while resisting and putting to shame the proud. Humility is not a celebrated virtue in the times we’re living in. Watch any television program and you will find that “boasting sells”. Most people would rather show off their bodies, their mansions, their cars, their jewelry and possessions while the public watches wishing they could only “live like that”. No television programming is centered on humility. If it is, we’re mocking the virgins, mocking the church, mocking the choirs and ultimately mocking the God of the Bible. There are so many examples in the Bible of God tearing down kingdoms and bringing down rulers simply on account of their pride. Pride does indeed come before a fall and God is opposed to those who walk in the way of it.

Grace is something NONE of God’s creation can live without. We are saved by grace and kept by grace. Grace is unmerited blessing. Getting from God what we do not deserve. When the grace of God is lifted off of your life, things start to fall apart. Things that were seamlessly easy for you to do become difficult and impossible. Sometimes we don’t even realize that the grace God once gave us to do something is gone because of the prideful condition of our heart. We used to find it so easy to think clearly, to focus, to be productive, and to excel; and now we find ourselves foggy, unable to focus, unable to excel or be productive. If we do an honest examining of our hearts, we will find that more than likely somewhere along the way, we became the focus and took Jesus out of the equation… trying desperately to be everything we have emulated from the world. If we are going to receive the grace of God (as we so desperately need), we are going to have to find our example in Jesus on this one. God embraces the humble. He gives them His mercy. He fights their battles. He wins wars on their behalf. He keeps them near and their cry for help is heard without hindrance. Pride makes God resist you. I cannot even for a moment fully process the thought of God resisting me. He is my everything and I depend on Him for everything. Without Him the ground beneath my feet caves right in. I’ve said it here before, never ask God to humble you. The Scripture teaches you how to humble yourself. If God has to humble you–it will not be without humiliation.

Definition of Humility: A prominent Christian grace. It is a state of mind well pleasing to God; it preserves the soul in tranquility, and makes us patient under trials. Christ has set us an example of humility. We should be led thereto by a remembrance of our sins, and by the thought that it is the way to honor, and that the greatest promises are made to the humble. It is a great paradox in Christianity that it makes humility the avenue to glory. The Bible Dictionary

Last edited: