• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA may honour officers in Dec 8 riot

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nur Asyiqin Mohamad Salleh
The Straits Times
Thursday, Jul 10, 2014
The Ministry of Home Affairs will consider giving commendations to the men and women who performed outstandingly on the night of the Little India riot.

Said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean yesterday: "The Government will consider recognising the Home Team officers who answered the call to action to quell the riot that night in the face of personal danger and under difficult circumstances."

He was replying to several MPs who had asked how officers at the riot would be recognised.

The Committee of Inquiry (COI) had, in both its proceedings and its findings released last week, praised the efforts of first responders on the night of Dec 8.

Yesterday, there was an outpouring of praise as well in Parliament, notably from Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC), who oversees part of Little India.

She saluted them for their work while Mr Christopher de Souza (Holland-Bukit Timah GRC) asked the House to put on record the officers' bravery.

DPM Teo defended the ground commander that night after Mr Vikram Nair (Sembawang GRC) pointed out the COI had criticised Deputy Assistant Commissioner Lu Yeow Lim. Without naming DAC Lu, DPM Teo said while people can make an analysis of the incident after the fact, he has to assess the judgment officers make on the ground. "So I evaluate the actions of the commanders and the officers that night and I do not find them wanting."

[email protected]*

This article was first published on July 08, 2014.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You got to be kidding me....

this is the PAP's way of showing to the rest of the dumbfuck sinks that under their influence...even the fucking incompetent and useless can become someone special......

way to go Pinky and the rest of his useless fuck bunch in the govt........

you are REALLY special......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"She saluted them for their work while Mr Christopher de Souza (Holland-Bukit Timah GRC) asked the House to put on record the officers' bravery"

Please tell me, the videos we saw of the actions by the SPF, was those acts of Bravery?? if they are rewarding that for bravery, I think we should suggest a Singapore version of a "purple heart" for them.

christopher de susa....is the type of people you want for your political party....they see an "emperor" wearing no clothes, walking down the street, they will remark " what finery & grace"...we should record his remark for remembrance....

The COI, as we all know...is a farce!:mad:

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
tia kong now in Poodle Academy

SCDF officers will train all our poodles trainess

the correct way to hide inside an ambulance

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah hean: ah officer, me commend u on ur outstanding performans during ze riot ... now, pls share wif evry1 here ur brave efforts dat nite ...

ah officer: as v were outnumbered, me hid in ambulans ... den, v saw rioters surround ambulans, so wif quik-tinking, v abandoned ambulans by opening dor n sprinted away ...

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is the PAP's way of showing to the rest of the dumbfuck sinks that under their influence...even the fucking incompetent and useless can become someone special.......

What can be more epic than Wong Cunt Sing still staying as a fucking ministar after MSK does a toiletbreak on his watch?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL we must also honour WKS for letting MSK escape & inconveniencing all motorists/travellers for so many years!!!!!!!! Well done PAP!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can be more epic than Wong Cunt Sing still staying as a fucking ministar after MSK does a toiletbreak on his watch?
y
WKS is now chairman of Singbriidge a sub of Temasick with multi billion buck budget... earning salary larger than his old job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really can't see any guys performing heroically, except for a random few on ground troopers. I can only see our uniform group of people running away from the scene. The head of commander is standing outside the situation frozen because perceived lack of information from the ground.

But that what we pay these COMMANDERS whom i think can act with intellegence and valiance when situation called for, even without 1st hand information.

Now they want to close the whole incident with a HIGH to honor and reward those who had perform on the job. KNN, i feel so sick with these group of people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
22 vehicles, so many public servants injured, videos shows total lack of control, officers running away etc. COI which started promisingly failed to highlight the mistakes but in one of 8 key recommendations, suggested that grocery vendors to allow to sell at dormitories so that the numbers that need to travel to little India won't be so high.

We now reward poor performance. Except of the Malay Traffic Officer and the Indian Auxuliiary Officer, and the Ambulance crew that extricated the body, the rest need to gather with MHA leadership team and reflect what they can do better.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Indian High Commission should honour the entire defence force of Singapore for showing maximum restraint on Indians for rioting as guest workers in Singapore.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Outstanding for their cowardice.

Those hiding in the ambulance will be especially honored and awarded the medal of maximum restraint.

Last edited: