• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone of you do non religious meditation?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those of you like buddhists who meditate cos of religious reasons well you probably have some hang of it.

No need to sit lotus position cross legged just sit upright on a chair and listen to some music. Soothing music or those alpha, beta wave type of music can be easily found on youtube. I downloaded and converted a few of these and try to sit still for 10 mins just paying attention to the music. The whole point of meditation is the clear your mind of any thoughts or to just focus on something like your breathing or a word you play in your mind like om. It isn't as easy as it sounds. If you are a beginner just try to close your eyes and have a totally blank mind your mind will somehow bring up a thought.

Here's some music.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2EQR0hMFbsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i shit, i meditate on world conquest and the total pillage and plunder of willy wonka's factory. :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need religious inclinations to meditate.

In fact, you don't even need to chant anything or close your eyes. You can sit down, still your mind, focus on your breathing and your surroundings. You are now meditating.

[video=youtube;kVrnTNpVe5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrnTNpVe5I[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need religious inclinations to meditate.

In fact, you don't even need to chant anything or close your eyes. You can sit down, still your mind, focus on your breathing and your surroundings. You are now meditating.

Nigger did you read my post?

I mentioned the chanting, breathing, music is to focus your mind on something.

Some ppl use breath, some use chants, some use music and so on.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just completed a 10 min meditation.

No fixed schedule or fixed number of times i do it. I try to do it as and when i like.

I used a song titled conscious connector - theta super charger with booster to open 3rd eye. It isn't music or anything just a type of specially created sound.

Sad upright in a chair no slouching. Back didn't feel tired. Tried concentrating on the sound but many thoughts came into head. You are encouraged to let any thoughts drift in but don't hold unto them. Try your best to concentrate on the sound or your breath etc that thing which you have chosen to concentrate on for that period of time. Was well aware of my feet, hands and even opened eyes when the pc screen went blank and to screensaver mode. Really salute those ppl that have totally focus on that one thing without anything else disrupting them or those that don't even need to focus on anything just with a blank mind for long periods of time maybe even hours or longer.

Mind felt more alert after the 10 mins.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nigger did you read my post?

I mentioned the chanting, breathing, music is to focus your mind on something.

Some ppl use breath, some use chants, some use music and so on.

Meditation is mindfulness. Chants, audio aids, incense etc are optional.

You can have a walk in the park or sit on a sofa and still be able to meditate.

There is no 'right' way to do it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no shit sherlock if you read my posts i said there are ppl who don't need those but the fact of the matter is for beginners and the majority of ppl they need something to focus on hence some use breath, religious ones use om and some use music.

You don't need to give a lesson here.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

can one mediate while having sex?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just completed a 10 min meditation.

No fixed schedule or fixed number of times i do it. I try to do it as and when i like.

I used a song titled conscious connector - theta super charger with booster to open 3rd eye. It isn't music or anything just a type of specially created sound.

Sad upright in a chair no slouching. Back didn't feel tired. Tried concentrating on the sound but many thoughts came into head. You are encouraged to let any thoughts drift in but don't hold unto them. Try your best to concentrate on the sound or your breath etc that thing which you have chosen to concentrate on for that period of time. Was well aware of my feet, hands and even opened eyes when the pc screen went blank and to screensaver mode. Really salute those ppl that have totally focus on that one thing without anything else disrupting them or those that don't even need to focus on anything just with a blank mind for long periods of time maybe even hours or longer.

Mind felt more alert after the 10 mins.

You can be there too it takes practice as what I heard lots of practice. Lucky you can start I have no patience.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for beginners and the majority of ppl they need something to focus on hence some use breath, religious ones use om and some use music.

The Buddha highly recommends the breath. (om and music are not mentioned in the Theravada scriptures)

If you keep on focusing on the breath, it can become so subtle and fine until it eventually disappears. Yet, you feel so peaceful and tranquil. That state is so much better than sex.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I do non religious meditation, I am able to expel out my soul i.e OBE (out of Body Experience) :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A walk in the park is no meditation these days, I used to find peace & tranquility walking around botanic gardens...not taken over by Philippines, Bangladesh & India...MacRitchie Reservoir...now taken over by noisy SINgaporeans..