• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian motor vehicle levy: An example of stupid and incomplete pap policies

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MALAYSIAN MOTOR VEHICLE LEVY: AN EXAMPLE OF STUPID AND INCOMPLETE PAP POLICIES[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
6 Jul 2014 - 9:26pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,
I am very angry because the PAP believes that money is more important than the welfare of Singaporeans.
More than two years ago, I was involved in a motor accident when a Malaysian-registered Proton Wira rear-ended me at quite a high speed.
I mistakenly thought everything would be fine until my lawyer said that the process for claiming against a Malaysian registered vehicle would be extremely tedious.
So in the end, I had to pay my own legal fees of about $1200 while claiming from my own insurance policy. Insurance rose from $800+ to $1600+ and I am still paying high prices today. Total cost me more than $5k (and counting) including the $2k excess.
The whole incident cost me so much time and money wasted. Not to mention that the Malaysian guy was so arrogant and rude and even threatened me.
So when I told my friends about this, it seems that quite a number of people are in my situation. Some have even gone on to say that if I had hit a Malaysian vehicle instead, the Malaysian vehicle could make a claim against me.
In fact, many people propose compulsory day insurance for Malaysian cars. So when I thought the Singapore government wanted to raise entry price for those Malaysian cars, there would be at least some thought for this.
But no such thing! What they have instead done is to get some retaliation from Malaysia who now wants to implement entry permit for Singaporean cars.
Most of my friends go to JB to do grocery and clothes shopping because it is too expensive in Singapore. Now with the new tax, cost of living will increase even more for those who cannot afford it. Most ridiculous PAP ever.
Saif
TRS Contributor

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Govt increase vehicle taxes, Sinkies make noise.. now gov increase fees on foreign vehicles, sinkies also make noise. LOL, nothing they do is right it seems.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If Govt increase vehicle taxes, Sinkies make noise.. now gov increase fees on foreign vehicles, sinkies also make noise. LOL, nothing they do is right it seems.

I guess you did not read the article. The writer was questioning about the lack of thought from the policy maker and not about the price increase

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
marginal shoppers will stop going to JB for cheap buys of cheebyes when levy increase by RM20......
let the shops backlash at their politicians.......... at least our shops will be happier

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
marginal shoppers will stop going to JB for cheap buys of cheebyes when levy increase by RM20......
let the shops backlash at their politicians.......... at least our shops will be happier

I doubt that there are any "marginal shoppers" because the costs in Spore is very high. I often visit JB & even with the longer delays it hasn't deterred me from going. Other than the savings it is also the satisfaction of knowing that I am not paying the PAP tax.

I take the bus to JB, for me I have to jump through more hoops to get to JB, than someone with a car. If I drove I would probably there more often.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt that there are any "marginal shoppers" because the costs in Spore is very high. I often visit JB & even with the longer delays it hasn't deterred me from going. Other than the savings it is also the satisfaction of knowing that I am not paying the PAP tax.

I take the bus to JB, for me I have to jump through more hoops to get to JB, than someone with a car. If I drove I would probably there more often.

Agree.

I repaired my dentures at JB.:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

I repaired my dentures at JB.:o

I also spend time visiting Batam & LOS. For me I normally have my haircuts in Batam, visit the dentist & shops in LOS. JB is where I go to buy books, magazines & makan.

The only thing I do in Spore is pay bills, walk about & window shop :smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wont mind spore car kenna levy more as most of the spore registered cars that jam the causeway are the jiuhukia PRs.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
....What they have instead done is to get some retaliation from Malaysia who now wants to implement entry permit for Singaporean cars.

Malaysia required sinkie motorists years ago to apply for vehicle entry permit when entering JB. You had to pay a fee to get the permit and on top of it, you had to queue up for about half an hour to get it at the MHC. Later, they abolished it.

Now, if they bring it back, it will reduce flow of motorists to do shopping in JB and eventually hurt the economy in that State. It will not last.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wont mind spore car kenna levy more as most of the spore registered cars that jam the causeway are the jiuhukia PRs.

U are right! Every day and night to and fro JB to Spore. Those jiuhu kia are the main culprit that caused the jam. SPRs are the worst lot. Both are the no 1 FT threat to Sinkies ricebowl.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICA most dump gahmen department in the whole world!!
Created by the PAP!!

ICA is always having extremely BAD JAM and yet has the chick to increase levy!!
Creating JAM is an ART!

By increasing the levy now the Jiu Hu Kia increase their produces!! who pay for
it?? Sinkieporean!! bloody PAP do things without using your Blain!!

Mee Siam Mai Hum is famous for creating inflation, ever since he jack up 5% to 7% GST
2% GST was to help the old folks, yet to see it happened?? food
and other commodities has been on the increased!! off course it doesn't affect his
pocket cos he earns million $$$, food court, Kopitiam one of the worst Gangster consortium
Food price in these premises is exhorbitant!!~ don't believe try Novena Velocity one of the
highest price food Cock!! All because Kopitiam gangsters charge exorbitant rental to the
stall holder, and consumers got to pay high price for it!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICA most dump gahmen department in the whole world!!
Created by the PAP!!

ICA is always having extremely BAD JAM and yet has the chick to increase levy!!
Creating JAM is an ART!

By increasing the levy now the Jiu Hu Kia increase their produces!! who pay for
it?? Sinkieporean!! bloody PAP do things without using your Blain!!

Mee Siam Mai Hum is famous for creating inflation, ever since he jack up 5% to 7% GST
2% GST was to help the old folks, yet to see it happened?? food
and other commodities has been on the increased!! off course it doesn't affect his
pocket cos he earns million $$$, food court, Kopitiam one of the worst Gangster consortium
Food price in these premises is exhorbitant!!~ don't believe try Novena Velocity one of the
highest price food Cock!! All because Kopitiam gangsters charge exorbitant rental to the
stall holder, and consumers got to pay high price for it!!

I think it is just an excuse if Msia want to increase price for this fee increase from $10 to $40 per lorry as it is per month, not per day basis. I find it very hard to believe that a lorry increase fee by $30 per month is a very big impact on the delivery cost. If it is per day basis, it is possible. Per month basis, how can it be?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is just an excuse if Msia want to increase price for this fee increase from $10 to $40 per lorry as it is per month, not per day basis. I find it very hard to believe that a lorry increase fee by $30 per month is a very big impact on the delivery cost. If it is per day basis, it is possible. Per month basis, how can it be?

If we are talking about per lorry load basis of increase, then we have a big problem ahead. But it is just 40RM per month per lorry ? What can $30 do nowdays ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we are talking about per lorry load basis of increase, then we have a big problem ahead. But it is just 40RM per month per lorry ? What can $30 do nowdays ?

I think so the news said increase from $10 to $40 per month sing dollars. How many lorries can one company have to make deliveries? They are really complain kings.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Increase toll for lorries will means the bill will be paid by consumers. Sinkies are indirect paying it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I also spend time visiting Batam & LOS. For me I normally have my haircuts in Batam, visit the dentist & shops in LOS. JB is where I go to buy books, magazines & makan.

The only thing I do in Spore is pay bills, walk about & window shop :smile:

Haircuts, books and magazines are low ticket items and not worth it. I go to JB to get tires for my car, spectacles, etc. The savings is much more. The second crossing is a much better option as far as i am concerned, i have crossed it when there is a one car line up, so hardly any traffic.