• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EZ-Link top up surcharge now in effect

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]EZ-Link cardholders now have to pay 20 cents every time they top up their card at all DBS, OCBC ATMs and AXS stations.[/h]
ez-link-advisory.jpg
Advisory notice on the EZ-Link website.

SINGAPORE: EZ-Link cardholders now have to pay 20 cents every time they top up their card at all DBS, OCBC ATMs and AXS stations.

According to an advisory posted on EZ-Link website, this came into effect at the start of July.
It is still free if cardholders top up their cards at places like Transit Link sales offices, Add Value Machines and General Ticketing Machines located at MRT stations and selected bus interchanges, as well as EZ-Link Top-up Machines at People's Association Community Centres.

An EZ-Link card user said: "I didn't even know that this new surcharge update was there. So I think it would have been much better if they put up some kind of notice to inform the general public."

Another user said: "If I were in a situation where I really needed to (pay the surcharge), then I wouldn't have a choice. It depends on how desperate I am at that moment."

In response, EZ-Link said the top up fee of 20 cents was waived for an initial one year period but it extended the arrangement for four years to allow sufficient time for consumers to try out the service. Since then EZ-Link has been bearing the cost.

It said it is now timely to implement the fee given that there are other free top up channels available to consumers.

It added that there is a message on the ATM screen which informs customers of the top up fee.

When asked, the Consumer Association of Singapore told Channel NewsAsia that EZ-Link should "enhance transparency by communicating better to consumers by putting posters at permanent locations such as at the walls near ATMs.

Macroeconomics101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every single damn thing is about milking and making money from Sinkies. The term "social good" has completely gone out of the vocabulary. This country is truly going down the sinkhole.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS men get no pay hike because it is a privilege to serve the PAP. While the PAP increases everything else because they deserve market rate prices.:eek:

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every single damn thing is about milking and making money from Sinkies. The term "social good" has completely gone out of the vocabulary. This country is truly going down the sinkhole.

The worse case is that we only found out when someone had been charged and made public. How fair is it to most consumers here? Our consumer protection rights are/were never there in the first place.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i topped up my card yesterday at DBS ATM

ther sure as hell was NO message re the 20cents charge

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many ways you can make payment why need EZ-Link card? Threw the fucking EZ-Link card in the toilet bowl and flush it away lah!

[h=2]EZ-Link cardholders now have to pay 20 cents every time they top up their card at all DBS, OCBC ATMs and AXS stations.[/h]
ez-link-advisory.jpg
Advisory notice on the EZ-Link website.

SINGAPORE: EZ-Link cardholders now have to pay 20 cents every time they top up their card at all DBS, OCBC ATMs and AXS stations.

According to an advisory posted on EZ-Link website, this came into effect at the start of July.
It is still free if cardholders top up their cards at places like Transit Link sales offices, Add Value Machines and General Ticketing Machines located at MRT stations and selected bus interchanges, as well as EZ-Link Top-up Machines at People's Association Community Centres.

An EZ-Link card user said: "I didn't even know that this new surcharge update was there. So I think it would have been much better if they put up some kind of notice to inform the general public."

Another user said: "If I were in a situation where I really needed to (pay the surcharge), then I wouldn't have a choice. It depends on how desperate I am at that moment."

In response, EZ-Link said the top up fee of 20 cents was waived for an initial one year period but it extended the arrangement for four years to allow sufficient time for consumers to try out the service. Since then EZ-Link has been bearing the cost.

It said it is now timely to implement the fee given that there are other free top up channels available to consumers.

It added that there is a message on the ATM screen which informs customers of the top up fee.

When asked, the Consumer Association of Singapore told Channel NewsAsia that EZ-Link should "enhance transparency by communicating better to consumers by putting posters at permanent locations such as at the walls near ATMs.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many ways you can make payment why need EZ-Link card? Threw the fucking EZ-Link card in the toilet bowl and flush it away lah!

i guess the card is for taking bus/mrt?
i not too sure
i only know about cashcard is for my IU

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i not too sure

what kind of fucking nonsense is this?

I want some transparency here?

who the fuck is doing the surcharge here?

if it is the banks then they must justify the handling charges which is incurred if this was JUST a fucking electronic transaction.

if it is the EZ link people then they better explain how did it come by that this is charges 20 cents per top up?

this is on top of them creaming off the monies which are topped up and not used by us ...... how can it be when I top up 50 bucks every time and leave like 43bucks unused after using for a trip and they are allowed to use the monies in there for their fucking dunno what investments?

I smell some pap crony bullshit profiteering scam going on here .......

I wanna know that if I choose not to use EZlink card, is there another alternative or is it that the fucking SMRT/SBS got some fucking backscratching shit going on here ....

why is it that we can only get a discounted ride when I use the card but not any other trip?

Obviously there is some fucking bullshit going on here~~~~!!!!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i not too sure

If this is true then motorist are being hit with a stealth price increase. It is a tiny portion of the total cost of car ownership, but they all add up to $$$$$$.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sounds fair to me. In NZ it is far worse. I have to pay a surcharge of $1.50 when I pay my bills at the post shop.