• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to choose a good durian

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw lot of uncle at geylang choosing from the 50cent durian

saw them shaking,knocking,smelling the husk, feeling the spike, looking at the color.

knn wth they choosing?

anyone good with durian can share?

how the hell they can tell if it is bitter or sweet just by smelling?

i do remember my ah ma used to say...durian with unique shape tend to be extraordinary good.
this rule still stand today

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the same as people choosing apples, oranges, etc in Ntuc, etc,
i really no idea what technique they used to confirm thats the right one.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw lot of uncle at geylang choosing from the 50cent durian

saw them shaking,knocking,smelling the husk, feeling the spike, looking at the color.

knn wth they choosing?

anyone good with durian can share?

how the hell they can tell if it is bitter or sweet just by smelling?

i do remember my ah ma used to say...durian with unique shape tend to be extraordinary good.
this rule still stand today

simple lah, u open your mother and daughter durian and see if it is red or yellow meat

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have not seen durian with worms for many years.

that's because nowadays the durians are laden with chemicals.
the more expensive it is the more pesticide is has.

eat only durians from beri beri small plantation ,
those selling by the owner at some remote road side in malaya.

kknnbbccbb

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's because nowadays the durians are laden with chemicals.
the more expensive it is the more pesticide is has.

eat only durians from beri beri small plantation ,
those selling by the owner at some remote road side in malaya.

Very very true. Whenever I eat those durians sold in Singapore I often get a sore throat the next day even though I dont eat that many durians, but I dont experience this when as you say I buy those from the roadside the only thing is usually these kampong durians sometimes not as tasty.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the same as people choosing apples, oranges, etc in Ntuc, etc,
i really no idea what technique they used to confirm thats the right one.

Trust me ..they have techniques..they are from the countryside.

My wife taught me one thing or two...

For orange...treat it as nipples.. if the stalk is dark and dry.this means the orange is not fresh and juicy.

For prawns, she said feel the head part joining the body..if is is soft..it is not fresh.

For durian..she said only to buy them during a dry spell so as not to buy the watery flesh during the raining season and pay more for the weight.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust me ..they have techniques..they are from the countryside.

My wife taught me one thing or two...

For orange...treat it as nipples.. if the stalk is dark and dry.this means the orange is not fresh and juicy.

For prawns, she said feel the head part joining the body..if is is soft..it is not fresh.

For durian..she said only to buy them during a dry spell so as not to buy the watery flesh during the raining season and pay more for the weight.
Bro thks for the info, will try to apply when come to buying :biggrin: