• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fragile Or Not! No One Cares - God Save Our Fragile Items in Checked In Luggages

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many a times on my return trip to Singapore, I had seen the workers off-loading the luggages from the aircraft.

As the luggage moves downwards, these people would carry it and throw it violently onto a waiting cart.

You can stick a thousand "FRAGILE" stickers on it.....None cares or bothers.

"So what" seems to be their attitude. They just throw it onto the cart in a violent manner.

If you are a passenger at the rear end (right side) of the aircraft you can see the way luggages are treated.

The workers also can see you from the aircraft windows. But they are not bothered.

What happen if there is damage?

No one knows till they reach home and discover the damage.

Will Changi Airport Group (CAG is under Temasek Holdings) or the Carrier pay for the damage?

It is a complete opposite when you view this process at other airports.

They treat such items gently, even those without "FRAGILE" stickers.

Maybe the CAG should consider writing "FRAGILE" in Chinese.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you see them pee on your soft suede luggage.
You collect a 2 toned luggage from the carousel pretty sure it was a single toned when you bought it.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe fragile word contains a picture of a broken glass beside it.

Or the word fragile looks broken to indicate its breakability.

Anybody who doesn't know how to read can look at the picture.

I believe is the attitude rather than ignorance.

That is why they setup interviews before they hire.

God has no interests in men's properties.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of workers don't care. There is time pressure, lack of staff and red eye shift. Not all baggage handlers love their jobs.
They are not smart too that is why they are handling your lugguges.

I usually hand carry fragile items or request special handling.

Do you know that Yo-yo ma's cello has frequent flyers points,

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My luggages normally last for only 2-3 trips only. Nowadays with those 360 degree spinning wheels, all it takes is just one knock and the wheel goes off.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My luggages normally last for only 2-3 trips only. Nowadays with those 360 degree spinning wheels, all it takes is just one knock and the wheel goes off.

Bro get those with long warranty, got my bags in Thailand Central departmental stores and many international brands have 5 years international warranty at least. Wheels may not have warranty as wear and tear however at least you know where to repair.

Coming back to the topic, I'm a sucker for hard case luggage and I try my best to cushion fragile items between soft clothes.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro get those with long warranty, got my bags in Thailand Central departmental stores and many international brands have 5 years international warranty at least. Wheels may not have warranty as wear and tear however at least you know where to repair.

Coming back to the topic, I'm a sucker for hard case luggage and I try my best to cushion fragile items between soft clothes.

Teach you a trick. Any faults you have with your luggage, just go to the luggage repair counter at Changi Airport during your incoming trip and insist that the cargo handlers spoilt the luggages. You will get a free repair :biggrin: