• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must admit i am quite intrigued with the Merkava. Isreali tanks have got quite the reputation. I hope it is big and roomy like the back of an ambulance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must admit i am quite intrigued with the Merkava. Isreali tanks have got quite the reputation. I hope it is big and roomy like the back of an ambulance.

it can hold 6 passengers in the rear compartment, thus making it an ambulance-friendly tank for crushing shitskins in little india. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
it can hold 6 passengers in the rear compartment, thus making it an ambulance-friendly tank for crushing shitskins in little india. :p

This is the most unique part of this thank, designed with fibua in mind

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I want to fight on rocky terrain I just have a terrorist ride on a bmx bike and carry a RPG.rocky terrain Are u serious...when Hitler invaded Europe did he worry about rocky terrain...he just bliztkreig his way thru

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My experience working with the Israelis are that they improved upon existing equipment manufactured by other foreign manufacturers. I recalled they re-engined their M113A1 with improved personnel safety with better firepower etc., and sold their technology to the Americans and other end-users.

So I am not surprised SAF chose the Merkava Mk 4 as their weapon of choice.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All tanks are like sitting ducks against the the Russian's portable hand-guided anti-tank missiles. Watch document below to see how Merkava tanks fare under the Guerrilla warfare of the Hezbollah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VyiCUmILA
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I5VyiCUmILA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In terms of performance..isnt the leopards suppose to be a better tank? The merkava is designed for israeli conditions and the primary focus is for crew survivability. The pap does not give a damn abt its soldier's unless one is scholar..but scholars wont b on tue front lines..n who r these tanks designed to combat.? Mudland and indonland? Their tanks better meh? Expensive toys which r overkill.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

July 4th, 4:36

fughq6R.jpg

Resource IntelligenceOnline.com reports that Singapore will be the first foreign buyer of major Israeli tanks series Merkava. According to these reports, Singapore signed a contract for the purchase of 50 tanks Merkava Mk 4 new construction. According to the resource, the transaction amount reaches $ 500 million

Earlier, at the beginning of June 2014, the Israeli newspaper "Yediot Ahronot", citing a source in the Israeli Defense Ministry announced the signing of export agency of the Ministry of Defence Shibata first export contract for the Merkava Mk 4 tanks, without naming the customer and saying only that it is a country, "related long-term relationships with Israel in the field of security. "Also does not provide any details, except that the amount of the contract is "several hundred million dollars."

Merkava tanks series produced in the Israeli public a tank factory in Tel Hashomer in 1979, however, despite the considerable interest shown in him at different times by different potential foreign customers, never exported. This let low rates of production of tanks Merkava, their high cost, as well as export restrictions by both the U.S. (acting supplier significant portion of the tank units and systems and provide partial funding for the program of the issue), and most of the Israeli Ministry of Defense. Now, for reasons mainly economic plan, Israel's Defense Ministry has issued export permits Merkava Mk 4.

Singapore since 2007 acquired are considered 182 Leopard 2A4 tanks from the German Bundeswehr presence (part of them for use on parts and conversion into special machines), and is currently carrying out a program of modernization.

bmpd

http://defence.pk/threads/singapore-buys-tanks-merkava-mk-4.322336/

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/

Will the Leopard be mothballed?
Why waste money in 2007 in buying these second hand tanks? Did middle man Diesenrolt of IBD made lots of commission by pushing the lousy toys to MINDEF thru his contacts in ST Kinetics??
Why did Diesenroth set up a company here? To siphon secret funds???

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
In terms of performance..isnt the leopards suppose to be a better tank? The merkava is designed for israeli conditions and the primary focus is for crew survivability. The pap does not give a damn abt its soldier's unless one is scholar..but scholars wont b on tue front lines..n who r these tanks designed to combat.? Mudland and indonland? Their tanks better meh? Expensive toys which r overkill.

some assholes made a mistake with Leopard purchase n now try to correct it with the Merkava..........Bastards! We end up paying for their mistakes

Now they want to buy helicoper carrier when what we need is aircraft carrier..... SS SR Nathan or izzit SS CV Devan Nair??

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
My experience working with the Israelis are that they improved upon existing equipment manufactured by other foreign manufacturers. I recalled they re-engined their M113A1 with improved personnel safety with better firepower etc., and sold their technology to the Americans and other end-users.

So I am not surprised SAF chose the Merkava Mk 4 as their weapon of choice.

It a good tank that SAF is buy from Israelis, where US will sell us water down version but at full price.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All tanks are like sitting ducks against the the Russian's portable hand-guided anti-tank missiles. Watch document below to see how Merkava tanks fare under the Guerrilla warfare of the Hezbollah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VyiCUmILA
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I5VyiCUmILA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obviously the PAP haven't learned anything from the Israeli experience. Effectiveness on the battle field lies with the morale of the troops. If you treat NS men like cheap expandable "lesser mortals" you are not going to have motivated troops. You can't spend billions on hardware & expect the hardware to compensate for the low morale of the troops.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Tank or anti-tank missile? I choose the missile, because tankies get cooked in their metal coffins.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LieUSOgq-bU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the Woodlands Causeway or Secondlink Roads take the weight of so many tanks charging across into Malaysia?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Will the Leopard be mothballed?
Why waste money in 2007 in buying these second hand tanks? Did middle man Diesenrolt of IBD made lots of commission by pushing the lousy toys to MINDEF thru his contacts in ST Kinetics??
Why did Diesenroth set up a company here? To siphon secret funds???

Just to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Disenroth is a nobody in Germany. I have asked my German military contact in the Bundestag and he has not even heard of Diesenroth. And this guy has access to every single military facility in germany as well as their arms companies. Imagine my shock when he told me he never heard of Diesenroth. I think he is like a snake oil salesman, come to Singapore and ST Eng got angmoh cock suck disease and bought into his crap lock stock and barrel. his claim to fame is that his company developed the AMAP applique armour system used in the Bionix. He set up a factory in SIngapore to make it due to the volume of Bionix in SAF service. Guess which other country used his AMAP armour? Did you guess NO ONE ELSE? Than you are correct. Not even the german army. there are many makers of applique armour and some of them have even been tested in combat successfully. SO, why buy his? He has been trying to sell the AMAP to several armies in Europe, but no success. Some how in SIngapore, he struck gold.

The Leos are owned by the German army the Bundeswehr, and in their reserve stockpile. All MINDEF has to do is approach the German govt. directly. Unless they are so stupid as to use and pay commission to a middleman. And it will not be Diesenroth anyway.

I think some one here in this forum claim to know him and thought highly of him (maybe it was you), but really, u just have to ask the questions that are fact supported. i.e. who else in the world uses Diesenroth's product? If its so good, why no one is using it? Why are we the only suckers to use it? After all Chobham armour used by many countries.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ironic thing is when Israeli weapon merchants book in to Mindef, they're known by a certain 'code word' rather than Israel. Gotta keep their identity hush hush and secret due to political sensitivities. :rolleyes: