• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Penalized Heavily for Failing IPPT While FTrash Zip Ahead on Free This & Free That

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]WHY IS THE SAF PUNISHING ME JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T PASS MY IPPT?[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
4 Jul 2014 - 10:39am

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Day is celebrated every July 1 to acknowledge the contributions of national servicemen — those on active or reservist duty, those who have completed their entire tour of duty, as well as regular service personnel.

Unfortunately, I did not feel particularly acknowledged or appreciated.

Let’s put it this way: I am pretty pudgy and have had problems passing my annual physical fitness test since I left active duty in 2003 and for the past seven years as a reserve in the army since I started my annual obligations in 2007 after completing university.

Since 2007, I have been fulfilling my National Service commitment on all fronts. I attend the annual in-camp training that is usually three weeks long, I fulfil all my duties with no disciplinary problems and work with my team-mates and unit. I also take my physical fitness test every year, I just do not pass it.

The physically fit who pass the annual test lose about three weeks of their civilian life attending in-camp training. I, however, could potentially lose another 12 weeks of civilian life completing the required 20 sessions of remedial training.

The NS system severely disrupts the lives of civilians who fail the annual Individual Physical Proficiency Test, as it has for the past seven years of my life, and does not appear to take into account the record of service. I do not cause any problems for my team-mates or superiors. I am just someone who did not pass the physical fitness test.

I have probably spent more time trying to pass this test than being a military reserve.
Those who have failed the annual physical fitness test might be a minority, but we have also fulfilled the same obligations as everyone else.

Brian Koh
*A version of this letter first appeared on the writer’s blog.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SG Penalized Heavily for Failing IPPT While FTrash Zip Ahead on Free This & Free

I never failed my IPPT....but I did manage to "keng" them...when it interrupted my work schedule...

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SG Penalized Heavily for Failing IPPT While FTrash Zip Ahead on Free This & Free

fuck you Brian Koh, if you are not fit and strong enough who will be protecting all the FT here ...

.. use your blain

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Although I have never failed my IPPT, I still sympathise with the Brian Goh's out there who struggle to pass because of the need to make a living.
This long remedial training (and residential training during my time ) seems unfair when compared to foreigners who don't need to serve NS.

All the social media anger by all the sufferings Brian Goh's will not change a thing-they need to take action by joining an opposition party or speak up in Hong Lim Park to highlight their hardship vis a vis the special treatment to foreigners.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brian can show the PAP that he is a true soldier and leader. Brian could start an insurgency that will seek to topple the PAP. His group of IPPT failures will show how smart can beat the brawn in urban insurgency.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Slaves are there to protect their FT masters.

that's all.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although I have never failed my IPPT, I still sympathise with the Brian Goh's out there who struggle to pass because of the need to make a living.
This long remedial training (and residential training during my time ) seems unfair when compared to foreigners who don't need to serve NS.

All the social media anger by all the sufferings Brian Goh's will not change a thing-they need to take action by joining an opposition party or speak up in Hong Lim Park to highlight their hardship vis a vis the special treatment to foreigners.

Not sure if RT has changed but I had to attend RT cos 1 couldnt pass the broad jump.
The funny thing is even without the broad jump; my total score would have given me a "silver grade"

Anyway RT is designed to punish you; at least 1 session per week would have to be a weekend session; you cannot chose all weekday evening sessions after work.
This is to burn your weekend - Sat or Sunday

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkees are balls-less,always waiting for someone to take the first step like Roy.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure if RT has changed but I had to attend RT cos 1 couldnt pass the broad jump.
The funny thing is even without the broad jump; my total score would have given me a "silver grade"

Anyway RT is designed to punish you; at least 1 session per week would have to be a weekend session; you cannot chose all weekday evening sessions after work.

All these IPPT and RT are designed to punish u and make u unproductive at work and eventually the boss will replace u with a cheaper Foreigner.
And stupid sinkees are grateful to the MIW for destroying their lives.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to be an annual IPPT failure (back then at Maju Camp where we ran outdoors for 2.4km), then I trained a little and passed ever since.

Passing IPPT wasn't even my priority, I like to play sports and stay in good shape.

But yes, I have experienced what goes on during RT and I have my sympathies for the pot-bellied uncles still forced to rush to camp after work to do exhausting exercises.

SAF/Mindef have imposed too much NS crap on us male Sinkies. And the way things are in the country now, the inconveniences we put up with are getting less and less justifiable. No free vouchers, free burgers, SAFRA memberships, NS bonuses or 1st of July rhetoric can compensate for what we have been through.

Every birthday, in the back of our minds a small voice goes 'oh shit the new IPPT window is open'. It's ridiculous.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why must you complain so? It is a rare privilege, given only to singaporean sons. Be thankful for the nation's trust in you.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

All these IPPT and RT are designed to punish u and make u unproductive at work and eventually the boss will replace u with a cheaper Foreigner.
And stupid sinkees are grateful to the MIW for destroying their lives.

yes.while punishing them, the wife will hang out with ang mo and screw by them.
after they finish RT,ang mo return their wife with a filthy mouth and hole .
double punishment .

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brian can show the PAP that he is a true soldier and leader. Brian could start an insurgency that will seek to topple the PAP. His group of IPPT failures will show how smart can beat the brawn in urban insurgency.

Cannot even pass IPPT...where can he head an insurgency?? ha ha ha ha.....most likely had his "balls" removed...