• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which banana is best?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wifey loves DELMONTE. she says very tua kee and fulfilling. lesbo says she likes DOLE cos it's very pinoy.

i like my banana to be goreng as in goreng the pisang. i love the pisang raja goreng into very crispy. it's so sweet and lovely except it so bloody expensive for a goreng the pisang. :biggrin:

then there is the dunno what banana very small size but very fragrant and sweet. each time can chew off at least half a dozen.

so what banana do u like?

i think NELSON TAN sure cums with his own brand of organic bananas.:biggrin::*:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wifey just told me the small and fragrant is called the kukujiao jeo. ??? simi kukujiao??? piang!!

oh, it's jiao jeo or the birdie banana. bird got banana one meh??

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
lesbo whenever go GIANT for grocery with wifey would cum back with PETEY banana. we are wondering how she devours PETEY so fast. less than 2 days, all gone!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my kampong days, we have the very tua kee banana. they called it the GAJAH banana or the elephant banana. the reference was rather x-rated refering to the elephant's dick size. very very tua kee and could be a foot's long. the machik would chop it into pieces, dipped in batter and deep fried into kampong's traditional kind of banana.

then the son would carry a basket fully of steaming hot banana fritters yelling, "goreng pisang!! goreng peeee....sa...ang!!"

those were the good old days where banana fritters only sold for 10c.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiquita, tink its a South American type.
Del Monte is good.
Tink Dole is next.

Top producers seems either India or Philippines,
followed by China.

while on this, where is the best pisang-goreng?
Rex theatre?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Del Monte is good.
Tink Dole is next.

followed by China.

Rex theatre?

Lim Kee at Maxwell. Used to be at Orchard Rd carpark and Cuppage Centre.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
del monte n dole same species ... 青月蕉

slightly smaller 肉蕉

small is 香蕉

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Del Monte is good.
Tink Dole is next.

followed by China.

Rex theatre?

ABC HAWKER CENTRE. one mouthful pisang raja only 50c! sell very fast!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know where the vietnamese pisang gorent seller at long house has gone?

btw, the most exp is at beach road market.
matter of fact, yes i do.

they ve shifted to balestier at a new hawker centre near to a chicken rice chain near the main road.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother, don't angry hor,
just borrowing this very nice pic from ThugSin (without permission),
to add humour to this thread.

Attachments

• BANANA.jpg
    BANANA.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 244

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite Possibly the Worlds Perfect Food®

Nutrients and Calories in a Banana Chiquita bananas are a smart, convenient addition to a healthy lifestyle. With 110 nutrient-dense calories per serving (126 grams, or one medium-sized banana) it is deliciously easy to add Chiquita bananas to your family's routine.

Chiquita Banana Nutrition Label & Facts

Did you know?
Bananas can help you eat healthy on a budget!

Discover how bananas can help you meet USDA-recommended dietary guidelines.

Nutrients in a banana, per serving*:

•Vitamin B6 – .5 mg
•Manganese – .3 mg
•Vitamin C – 9 mg
•Potassium – 450 mg

•Dietary Fiber – 3g
•Protein – 1 g
•Magnesium – 34 mg
•Folate – 25.0 mcg

•Riboflavin – .1 mg
•Niacin – .8 mg
•Vitamin A – 81 IU
•Iron – .3 mg

Benefits of Bananas:
•Safe and pure enough for baby's first solid food, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics
•Bananas are a terrific, heart-healthy food when included in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. While many factors affect heart disease, diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of this disease.
•Naturally fat-, cholesterol- and sodium-free
•A good source of potassium, dietary fiber, manganese and vitamins B6 & C

When you know what's inside every Chiquita banana, you'll want the very best for you and your family.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you know where the vietnamese pisang gorent seller at long house has gone?

btw, the most exp is at beach road market.

http://www.soshiok.com/content/longhouse-lives

Longhouse lives on

When a beloved hawker centre or coffee shop closes, there are usually laments from hawkers about finding a new place to do business, and from customers who will miss their favourite stalls.

The stallholders leaving the famous Longhouse food centre in Upper Thomson Road are a rather cheery lot, mostly because of what the owner has done to make moving out smooth.
Don't miss these...

So long, Longhouse?

Clock is ticking for Lavender's 'food heaven'

The site was sold in January for $45.2 million to listed developer TEE Land and the centre's last day of operations is on April 20.

Instead of scattering here and there, the hawkers are likely to open in May at two locations. Six will set up shop at Balestier Market along Balestier Road, while five are moving to a coffee shop in Jalan Besar, near Jalan Besar Stadium. The owners of four other stalls, including Longhouse Roasted Meat and Asia Beef Noodle, have already vacated their stalls to look for new jobs or to return to their home countries.

Longhouse is run by Mr Ng Choon Gim, 62, whose late father bought the property for $678,000 in 1980.

The site was previously owned by oil giant Shell, which ran a petrol station there for more than 20 years. In 1980, fast-food chain A&W leased the site for eight years, followed by food court operator Kopitiam Group, which leased the premises for two years.

The premises were vacant from 1990 to 2000 when Longhouse set up shop there. Mr Ng took over the business eight years ago, and turned it into the successful food haunt it is today.

He bought new equipment for all the stalls, organised a central supply of ingredients, and also tested many other stalls before getting the current crop of hawkers that have, as he says, "stood the test of time".

He admits that the sale of Longhouse was "very sudden", so he looked for stalls the hawkers could move to, including a potential spot in China Street. The hawkers, who do not have any contracts with him, will also be able to take the equipment he bought for the stalls to their new premises.

He says that he encouraged those who have already left the food centre to look for other jobs, and gave them each a hongbao.

He hopes that the existing hawkers continue the Longhouse legacy after they move, by adding "Longhouse" to their signboards.

"It's my moral obligation to see them succeed," he says. "Being a hawker is a hard life and if they produce good food, they deserve the credit."

His Vietnam-born supervisors Vien Peh, 32, and Joey Kok, 28, who are Singapore permanent residents, have been helping him to manage the food centre. After the closure, they will continue to help the stalls moving to Jalan Besar.

Some of these include the popular Soon Kee Lor Duck Rice stall, Best Western Pasta & Grill, and Te Wei Popiah & Rojak.

Te Wei is run by husband-and-wife team Ong Tze Ghee, 41, who makes rojak, and wife Ong Wu Yun, 40, who makes popiah.

With the move to Jalan Besar, they are likely to sell only their popular rojak, as Mr Ong says that it is "too much work" to make popiah as well.

High rental is also a concern, Mrs Ong says.

She says in Mandarin: "Beginning at a new place can be tough. But as long as the food suits people, they will come back. We hope our regulars will remember us."

Mr Ong is the nephew of Mr Ong Tan Heng, 60, owner of Soon Kee Lor Duck Rice. To save costs, uncle and nephew will share the stall in Jalan Besar. The rent there is about $1,000 more than what the elder Mr Ong is paying at Longhouse.

He says: "I won't stop just because we have to move. I will continue working until I cannot work anymore. I was surprised when we heard the news, but at least the stalls are moving together."

Mr David Foo, 54, who runs Best Western Pasta & Grill, says: "We'll try and see how the new location works out. We have a stable crowd here, and I don't know what traffic there will be like. It will be a new challenge for us."

Balestier Market will welcome other popular stalls such as Ah Hui Big Prawn Noodle, Bugis Street Chuen Chuen Chicken Rice and Boon Pisang Goreng.

Mr Tan Ah Hui, 68, of Ah Hui Big Prawn Noodle, had initially considered moving to a coffee shop in Bishan, but decided to move with his fellow hawkers to Balestier instead.

He says: "The Bishan space was too small. I'm not worried about losing customers. Many have been eating our food since they were children. I hope to get new customers as well."

Mr Richard Ang of civil engineering company KTC Group, which manages Balestier Market, tells SundayLife! that the first stall from Longhouse, Longhouse Thai Cuisine, opens next month. The other stalls are likely to open by May.
- See more at: http://www.soshiok.com/content/longhouse-lives#sthash.NdmosP3X.dpuf

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the destruction of sentimental haunting places of the people are mindlessly and continuously being destroyed by the foolish avaricious gahmen of us.

when shall they stop to think and feel for the people who voted them in? when would they cum to their senses that this country is NOT about $$$ & Cents?

Pay And Pay has upgraded themselves into Pee And Poo.

are we going to sit and watch this carry on indefinitely??

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah bar, can you start a thread on sexy housewives, i think it will be more appropriate for us forummers...? better still...with pics...:biggrin: