• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alamak, PRC Lady Hawker demands Non-chinese to speak Mandarin to her?

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend had a terrible experience when he visited Food Republic at Westgate mall recently. This is his experience with a PRC hawker while patronizing a tutu kuah stall.

"This PRC hawker lady replied to me rudely when I wanted to clarify an issue regarding the kueh tu tu I bought. Initially I wanted to let it pass, but decided not to keep silent and tried to speak to her in my broken mandarin as i was a non-chinese Singaporean.

However, she insisted that I speak to her in Mandarin instead which really got my goat . The present PAP govt should have made it compulsory for foreigners to know about our laws and customs and at least make it mandatory for them to speak conversational english to non chinese singaporeans.

These are simple, practical issues that are important to us which the govt ignores and instead pursue huge grandiose projects, such as more malls, the jewel at changi airport, absurd COE prices, nuclear power, the foreign population influx etc

We do not want our memories to be erased by the demolition of familiar places we grew up with. We do not want every conceivable green patch of grass to be turned to concrete or replaced with a building. We do not want to live in taller buildings comprising of shoe box units. We are already suffocating living in a highly built environment.

We do not want to become second class citizens in our own country. Come down from your ivory tower, live among us and realize whats actually happening on the ground"

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn farni.

One time I visited this hawker center. This Chinese Kopi auntie wants to show another Chinese looking auntie probably Baba to her seats using Chinese.

The Chinese auntie said Har Speak Chinese one har?

I was surprised that Chinese looking people dun speak Chinese.

Maybe Indonesian? No thanks to Surkano cut away all Chinese roots.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapoo is already a concrete jungle and it belongs to everyone as LHL said. This PRC has the right to demand that all sinkies speak to her in Mandarin since the country belongs to her too.

We do not want to become second class citizens in our own country

Sinkapoo does not belong to sinkies exclusively any more. Whether second class citizens or not, every sinkie can tell except those in hibernation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
totally fine with this. Mandarin is one of the national languages of singapore and besides the only reason why this is news is cause it's a chinese and a foreign chinese asking a non chinese to speak her language. Change it around it a non chinese doing the same to a chinese and no issue at all.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
totally fine with this. Mandarin is one of the national languages of singapore and besides the only reason why this is news is cause it's a chinese and a foreign chinese asking a non chinese to speak her language. Change it around it a non chinese doing the same to a chinese and no issue at all.

I'm sorry but local singaporean Chinese are southern Chinese....southern Chinese mostly speak dialects....mandarin is language of the northern Chinese.....language and culture and cuisine we are about as different as moon and the sun....Chao ah tiongs are aliens to us.never ever associate us with prcs just like u don't associate prcs with hong kies.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sorry but local singaporean Chinese are southern Chinese....southern Chinese mostly speak dialects....mandarin is language of the northern Chinese.....language and culture and cuisine we are about as different as moon and the sun....Chao ah tiongs are aliens to us.never ever associate us with prcs just like u don't associate prcs with hong kies.

Quite true. Local Chinese do not see themselves as PRC whether in northern part or southern part of China. Same Han stock but definitely different clear-cut nationalities. If China is attacked by USA tomorrow, no Chinese sinkie native will bat an eyelid.

This sentiment does not apply to all the newly imported shitizens. All of them still feel for their home land, the ah nehs, the tiongs, the pinoys, etc. Why the hell did the papos give them the red passport?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend had a terrible experience when he visited Food Republic at Westgate mall recently. This is his experience with a PRC hawker while patronizing a tutu kuah stall.

"This PRC hawker lady replied to me rudely when I wanted to clarify an issue regarding the kueh tu tu I bought. Initially I wanted to let it pass, but decided not to keep silent and tried to speak to her in my broken mandarin as i was a non-chinese Singaporean.

However, she insisted that I speak to her in Mandarin instead which really got my goat . The present PAP govt should have made it compulsory for foreigners to know about our laws and customs and at least make it mandatory for them to speak conversational english to non chinese singaporeans.

These are simple, practical issues that are important to us which the govt ignores and instead pursue huge grandiose projects, such as more malls, the jewel at changi airport, absurd COE prices, nuclear power, the foreign population influx etc

We do not want our memories to be erased by the demolition of familiar places we grew up with. We do not want every conceivable green patch of grass to be turned to concrete or replaced with a building. We do not want to live in taller buildings comprising of shoe box units. We are already suffocating living in a highly built environment.

We do not want to become second class citizens in our own country. Come down from your ivory tower, live among us and realize whats actually happening on the ground"

Serves you right for patronizing one of George Quek's businesses. :wink:

Tiongs in food courts, Pinoys in bakeries, dunno-what-nationality in Toast Box. This guy thrives on PAP's pro-FT policy, that's why he is so chummy with them. :rolleyes:

Also, that's not a hawker, but rather a food court employee. Employees are replaceable and have zero emotional investment in what they do.
BIG difference.

ST_20130922_PSHENG22_3848356e.jpg

breadtalk22072e.jpg

photo%203e_0.jpg

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fcuk the PAP for importing PRC trash and we must speak their fucking language
and bow to them!! PRC better fuck off !!

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't go back there and show her your middle finger!

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't disdain our chinese helicopter LHL, Lim Shit Sway, burnt didn't die MP...wait they fuck you back deep deep.

Fcuk the PAP for importing PRC trash and we must speak their fucking language
and bow to them!! PRC better fuck off !!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way to all non Chinese out there...the only mandarin u need to know to communicate with a PRC is this " CHAO NI MA DE BI"

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cantonese version屌你老母.

Hokkien version幹恁娘老基掰.

Both these two dialect version is way superior than the northern mandarin version.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

local sinkies learnt mandarin.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

way to go, jah jah defender of PRC commie bastards. why dun u practise what u preach and post only putong hwah in SBF. then try to force everyone in SBF to speak hokkien to you? like that u will shiok issit?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my school years the most hated subject was mandarin. Had many school mates who ended up taking french, german or malay as a second language.

Learning a second language is useful but the way LKY forced it on hapless Sporeans school children was wrong. They also tried to force a technical education. Anyone remember having to attend classes for wood work, metal work, & technical drawing:confused:

Typical PAP style, forcing everyone into a single mould. Among my peers no one went into the wood working, metal working, ... I doubt that anyone found a job because of these technical classes.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
During my school years the most hated subject was mandarin. Had many school mates who ended up taking french, german or malay as a second language.

Learning a second language is useful but the way LKY forced it on hapless Sporeans school children was wrong. They also tried to force a technical education. Anyone remember having to attend classes for wood work, metal work, & technical drawing:confused:

Typical PAP style, forcing everyone into a single mould. Among my peers no one went into the wood working, metal working, ... I doubt that anyone found a job because of these technical classes.
same here
hared madarain coz it was forced
also sopke english to family and relatives, had to have lots of tuition to pass
now i speak a euripean language and read it better than mandarin

in any case , isnt english the language of business?

the other day, saw some PRCs on the bus. got angry with malay bus driver coz he could not understand them

what the blardy FOOk?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
way to go, jah jah defender of PRC commie bastards. why dun u practise what u preach and post only putong hwah in SBF. then try to force everyone in SBF to speak hokkien to you? like that u will shiok issit?

Retarded dick mandarin is one of the 4 official languages of Singapore nothing wrong in get speaking it and has nothing to do with prc you stupid nigger. Why not You get Malays to speak English? Of course not You only target Chinese and try to make the mandarin issue into a prc one to hide your biasness