• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scholar General lugs 20kg and goes on 32km course

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng family replacing Lee family soon.

they all reached higher ranks than Lee.

'All-star' family also talk football tactics

THE Ng brothers are probably one of Singapore's few "all-star" military families.

Oldest among them is Major-General (NS) Ng Chee Khern, 48, who is Permanent Secretary (Defence Development) at the Defence Ministry.

Next is Lieutenant- General Ng Chee Meng, 46, who is the Chief of Defence Force, which makes him No. 1 in the Singapore Armed Forces.

The youngest is Rear-Admiral (two-star) Ng Chee Peng, 44, the navy chief - a position that makes him one the defence chief's principal commanders.

Said Lt-Gen Ng of Rear-Adm Ng: "I listen closely to his views and to his input so that we can make the best decisions.

"(We) have a professional relationship."

It was the case for him too previously when he reported to his eldest brother Maj-Gen (NS) Ng, who was then air force chief.

But when they get together with their families, they do not talk shop.

Their two elder brothers, Chee Kang, 52, and Chee Hong, 51, are not military men.

If there is "good intellectual sparring in the family, it is not about professional work", he said.

He added with a laugh: "So we can talk about football; some of us can be very passionate about that intellectual level of discussion (on football strategies)."

JERMYN CHOW

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Except that the difference between the ordinary soldier and the paper general, the former gets a peanut while a multi-million-dollar pay cheque is waiting for the latter at the end of the 'route march'.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Kannilaubuchowjeebye see how low class ST describe him as an ace pilot. Ace pilot is generally defined as a pilot who had shot down 5 enemy aircraft or more. This kid had shot down how many aircraft may I ask ST?

Published on Jul 2, 2014 8:59 AM

Singapore's eighth Chief of Defence Force may be the top man in the country's military, but that did not stop him from lugging 20kg of combat gear on a 32km route march among junior comrades less than half his age.

Lieutenant-General Ng Chee Meng volunteered for the army combat skills course last year, taking part alongside 20-year-old trainees.

He also completed a two-week naval diving course.

An ace pilot :oIo: more comfortable within the confines of the fighter jet, he said he wanted to understand the "way of life" in the army and navy.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kannilaubuchowjeebye see how low class ST describe him as an ace pilot. Ace pilot is generally defined as a pilot who had shot down 5 enemy aircraft or more. This kid had shot down how many aircraft may I ask ST?

Singapore's eighth Chief of Defence Force may be the top man in the country's military, but that did not stop him from lugging 20kg of combat gear on a 32km route march among junior comrades less than half his age.

Lieutenant-General Ng Chee Meng volunteered for the army combat skills course last year, taking part alongside 20-year-old trainees.

An ace pilot :oIo: more comfortable within the confines of the fighter jet, he said he wanted to understand the "way of life" in the army and navy.

dont be stupid,im also a ace pilot.....finish the ace combat canyon mission on extreme difficulty in under 4:38 seconds with full afterburners.....i can fly a f22 jet thru ur mothers cheebye like its tokyo drift.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U guys never see senior officers on course? Everything lay out for them liao. All they have to do was show face can liao. My CO partner the best gunner sgt during the 25mm course, all the old bird WOs trainers on hand to give pointers during the technical handling test.

Unless this LG Ng lug a 16kg gpmg during the 32klicks, i won't believe his barang a weigh 20kgs. knn, carry one small carbine only 2kgs plus backpack confirm 偷工減料。

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except that the difference between the ordinary soldier and the paper general, the former gets a peanut while a multi-million-dollar pay cheque is waiting for the latter at the end of the 'route march'.

actually his salary and perks isnt publicly stated

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those in SEAL Qualification Training (SQT) lug over 30kg of gear and have to run a total of 13 miles in 4 hours, shooting targets with a minimum level of accuracy along the way using a variety of submachine guns and pistols. They call it the Combat Conditioning Course. Can this sissy 20kg, 32km course compare to it?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those in SEAL Qualification Training (SQT) lug over 30kg of gear and have to run a total of 13 miles in 4 hours, shooting targets with a minimum level of accuracy along the way using a variety of submachine guns and pistols. They call it the Combat Conditioning Course. Can this sissy 20kg, 32km course compare to it?

This sissy only wants the easy way out. Hey at least he bothered unlike fatty Ng Yat Chung.

220px-Ng_Yat_Chung_detail,_050602-F-0193C-114.jpg

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
he probably photoshopped that pics. all training was in restricted area, nobody can be indie 3rd party witness. who confirm is they're real?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The question is not the lenght of the route march, but how long did he take to complete it. You can take a 20KG load and go 32 km with it, but if you take 30 hours to do that, its not a great accomplishment. The US MArine corps standard for route/forced march is 40km in 8 hours. The typical Marine load out is about 40kg. I have seen ROC soldiers with at least that much of a backpack. Their backpacks are twice the size of ours. In the picture on the Shit Times website, if that is his backpack he is holding, its no more than 5 kg. Plus he is not wearing body armour. He might as well wear his nike shoes and a shorts and t-shirt and run 32 km.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hmm.. I would advise ST editors to check the definition of an "Ace pilot".

It is not something that they can redefine as and when they like. Unless they were mistaken and instead meant to refer him as an "Aced-Scholar Pilot". Now that is a very different thing.

How u know? Maybe singapore went to war also u don't know. LOL. U think shit times and media corpse tell the truth? Maybe he shot down 5 cessnas by accident and claim ace status. Or maybe he shot down 5 target towing planes during live firing, and they give him the kills? U really know the standard of Shit times reporting now. The fucktard leeporter Jermyn Chow is nothing but a chow ah qua. Graduate from Australian uni also still can't report correctly. All I can say is don't send your kids to Murdoch University. This idiot is a product of their fine schooling...................not.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
U guys never see senior officers on course? Everything lay out for them liao. All they have to do was show face can liao. My CO partner the best gunner sgt during the 25mm course, all the old bird WOs trainers on hand to give pointers during the technical handling test.

Unless this LG Ng lug a 16kg gpmg during the 32klicks, i won't believe his barang a weigh 20kgs. knn, carry one small carbine only 2kgs plus backpack confirm 偷工減料。

Yep, and he never carry radio or M203, or Carl Gustav. Even senior officer should be carrying side arm in addition to their rifles. Should check his ammo pouch to see whether they stuff foam inside or real ammo in the mags.