• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are taxi companies hiring pinoy taxi drivers now?

samstom

Alfrescian
Loyal
r8f3ux.png
Dear The Real Singapore,

I took a cab from my office to ubi this morning and I encounter a Pinoy driving taxi in Singapore. Isn't it illegal?

According to LTA website (source),

You must be at least 30 years old;
You must be a Singapore Citizen holding a pink NRIC;
You must have a valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least one year at the point of application; and
You must be able to speak and read basic English.

I am shocked that some Taxi companies are breaking laws by hiring Pinoy to be working as Taxi drivers. Are our local taxi drivers going to be displaced as well? The pinoy speak with a very strong accent that I couldn't understand properly and he was also extremely rude to Singaporeans like me.

I won't be surprised next time the whole country gets displaced with foreigners and that even our ministers are foreigners.

Can LTA please clarify why are these foreigners welcomed into our country as 'Foreign Talents' but work as cab drivers? Are we in shortage of cab drivers?

QVW3LDF.jpg
yglb9ex.jpg
6Ibj0qj.jpg

http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-why-are-taxi-companies-hiring-pinoy-taxi-drivers-now

Last edited:

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies really kena screwed :biggrin:

Nothing amazing. LHL already said sinkapoo belongs to everyone. Foreigners are now everywhere, taxi drivers, bus drivers, etc. Sinkapoo is no more exclusively for sinkies. Sinkies cannot find jobs? It is your business.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinoys can be fast-track converted to the pink NRIC club, and them Pinoys also pride themselves in a high competency of English (number 1 in Asia).

So... what's the problem? :wink: :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Come on rules are rules surely PAP don't date to break these rules. We need to probe more if he is a Singaporean. Then we can proceed to ask how come many foreigners are getting citizenship.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear The Real Singapore,

I took a cab from my office to ubi this morning and I encounter a Pinoy driving taxi in Singapore. Isn't it illegal?

According to LTA website (source),

You must be at least 30 years old;
You must be a Singapore Citizen holding a pink NRIC;
You must have a valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least one year at the point of application; and
You must be able to speak and read basic English.

I am shocked that some Taxi companies are breaking laws by hiring Pinoy to be working as Taxi drivers. Are our local taxi drivers going to be displaced as well? The pinoy speak with a very strong accent that I couldn't understand properly and he was also extremely rude to Singaporeans like me.

I won't be surprised next time the whole country gets displaced with foreigners and that even our ministers are foreigners.

Can LTA please clarify why are these foreigners welcomed into our country as 'Foreign Talents' but work as cab drivers? Are we in shortage of cab drivers?

View attachment 15864
View attachment 15865
View attachment 15866

http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-why-are-taxi-companies-hiring-pinoy-taxi-drivers-now
pinoys are bumiputras mah! they are chistian malays. back to the good old days when taxi drivers speak malay.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL at these Pinoys.... putting up all that silly Pinoy Pride items inside a taxi. :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, you go bro! Proud to be Pinoy! :kma:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL sold Singaporeans and bought foreigners
Ho Jinx sold Singapore assets
LKY locked up our CPF.

What is left and what future there is for Singaporeans?

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What race is Pinoy considered when admitting them as Singapore citizens? Malays? I thought we need to maintain racial proportion? No?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprising lah,now in Singapore most MacDonald outlets Managers are also Pinoy and Pinays.Ly La Ly la All are welcome to come into this island to work from white collar to blue collar or no collar....All are welcome especially Foreigners...MIW welcome u with red carpet.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
most probably a new citizen

hwever if now citizen why must hang philippines flag in taxi? u pledge allegiance to this country when u become citizen and RENOUCE your other citizenship

is it against the law to hang the flag in taxi?

also did he really renouce his pinoy citixzenship?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the reason why I stopped driving is because the taxi market is just too saturated compare to 5 years ago, it's just different now. many sharing a small pie, hope that those uncles with degrees fight for their own rights by firing the pap taxi mp.