• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not wrong, the issue is not financing. There are already many proposals eg soft loans from Japan and China, privatisation from the corporates like YTL, DRB, UEM etc.

It just need natural cycle time taking considerations of political and impacts of economic turmoils that is happening. Naturally Singapore would not want to support Malaysia until it outshine Singapore but at the same time it need to weigh the benefits it will get. Government machineries are all collective decisions. No one is going to be gung ho and sign the dotted line. There will be meetings after meetings and agreements decisions after decisions but the buck will continue to pass around. That is how Government work. And investors are killing themselves waiting for the officially official undisputed agreement.

I think it is the $ and other benefits i.e. who pays for what and who gets what.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is the $ and other benefits i.e. who pays for what and who gets what.

I think they need to identify the exact location of the HSR stops first. Other than Sungai Besi, the specific locations have not been identified yet, just the general locations. Based on the specific identified locations, they can then develop the alignment, station design etc, taking into account security & customs clearance matters.

For SG, Jurong East looks a done deal. For SG side, it's a matter of how to realign the expressways, integrate with existing public transport etc, based on the consultants' work. A lot of hard work now lies ahead.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has floated a call for tender inviting consultants to conduct an engineering feasibility study of the Singapore Leg of the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR) link.

The engineering study will seek to develop options for feasible corridor(s) for the Singapore leg of the HSR link and assess the technical feasibility of the possible HSR corridors.

The corridors include the transportation connectivity for the three possible HSR terminal station locations at the surroundings of Tuas West, Jurong East and the city centre.

Furthermore, the selected consultant will be required to study the impact on existing transport facilities. The study is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2015.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If what you said is true, that they have not determined the exact location and general alignment, then I think gone case le. It will take another year at least to do this before they can even think about starting construction.
Nevertheless, I don't mind they do it slowly and carefully, slow because they need to consider the engineering and economics factors. Not because they spend all the time playing politics.
In sg, the farsighted planner has to think carefully, once decided the decision will stay with us forever, until SG100. They have to really explore bringing the HSR to city center instead of tuas or jurong. I think it will be a game changer if they can bring the HSR to say marina south. Imagin coming from klcc to sg city center in 90minutes flat. Instead of coming to tuas or jurong and slog another 1 hour to the city, not so good for business and tourism. I am willing to wait another 5 years till 2025 if that's what it takes to bring the HSR into the city.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all of you have been to major cities with shopping malls and hotels with transport stations next to it, you realise that Jurong is the ideal place ( actually city centre is but its too congested and packed )

Jurong has everything going for it. Genting Hotel coming up.. major shopping malls and shopping heaven. Well connected and near to Malaysia via 2nd link

I bet for Jurong

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all of you have been to major cities with shopping malls and hotels with transport stations next to it, you realise that Jurong is the ideal place ( actually city centre is but its too congested and packed )

Jurong has everything going for it. Genting Hotel coming up.. major shopping malls and shopping heaven. Well connected and near to Malaysia via 2nd link

I bet for Jurong

I think Khaw and Pinky had mentioned Jurong East on separate occasions. Khaw's reasoning is that RTS already connects the North with Malaysia, while HSR will connect the West. Jurong East & Woodlands are also well served by cross-border buses now.

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a serious mishap occurs intentionally or accidentally, a uncontrollable high speed train crashing into the destination will cause catastrophic disaster. To mitigate the impact, a rather remote station with less inhabitants is preferred.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I bet for Jurong

unless Genting is generous to the famiLEE????

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal favorite is jurong east, near my home in sg. Just hop on and be in nusajaya in 15mins. Nice.
But being a true blue singaporean, I think the best location is still the city. Marina south is best where the mrt there is underutilised and has best connections to cbd and rest of sg. This location will bring the best economic returns for my beloved country. Jurong east is just a half baked financial hub with 1 hotel.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My personal favorite is jurong east, near my home in sg. Just hop on and be in nusajaya in 15mins. Nice.
But being a true blue singaporean, I think the best location is still the city. Marina south is best where the mrt there is underutilised and has best connections to cbd and rest of sg. This location will bring the best economic returns for my beloved country. Jurong east is just a half baked financial hub with 1 hotel.

Totally agree with you brother.. But knowing singapore, they would already have invited the world class fengshui masters to look at the plot of land. Look no further than the woodlands CIQ structure, the sg one dollar coin and your car road tax. Don't worry you are in good hands if the station is located at JE. They would know MUCH better than someone here in terms of fengshui. He still waiting to buy his first property despite so much extensive fengshui knowledge. I wonder what went wrong..

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it should be in Jurong East.
As others have said it is well connected, transport wise.
Hotels can be built....

I think the HSR Station should be treated like a airport.
Usually they don't build it in too near the City center.
Otherwise cost will be very high as many buildings in the way and more dangerous if some terrorist puts a bomb on the train.

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it should be in Jurong East.
As others have said it is well connected, transport wise.
Hotels can be built....

I think the HSR Station should be treated like a airport.
Usually they don't build it in too near the City center.
Otherwise cost will be very high as many buildings in the way and more dangerous if some terrorist puts a bomb on the train.

Yes, I started to recall the movie "Unstoppable" by Denzel Washington, which tells the story of a runaway freight train. I think JE should be the choice considering both the security and connectivity in balanced.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I passed by marina south just now. It's the perfect location for the station with the cruise center just beside. It's a pity if due to budget or engineering constraints it cannot be there.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I passed by marina south just now. It's the perfect location for the station with the cruise center just beside. It's a pity if due to budget or engineering constraints it cannot be there.

In order to save on the limited land available in expensive SG, maybe its a better idea to built the line under water from Tuas to Marina South!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do mean underground, don't you? :smile:

I mean under water, away from mainland, this way no more problems with running the line through the heavily build-up urban city area and no need to provide reserved land for the line from Tuas to Marina South.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean under water, away from mainland, this way no more problems with running the line through the heavily build-up urban city area and no need to provide reserved land for the line from Tuas to Marina South.

but the costs will be horrendously high ?

Despera

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the country is rich, isn't she?

Anyway, if the stop is to be in the city, it has to be underground. Other than the East-West Line, the rest of the MRT lines are all underground when passing through the city. They should join the Raffles or City Hall or Marina South Lines, though Raffles will be ideal. Notice that the shops are "dead" during weekends, and if this happens, Raffles Place will get a boost during weekends!