• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not really the stations. It's the manpower issues.
And there is absolutely no political will to resolve it.
If not such a simple thing won't be a decades issue alr.

:*:

If like that, JB or Iskandar Malaysia how to become Shenzen?

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Chinese new year i went in n out on the on the last day when people r returning from long weekend .
There is no jam at all as all the stations r open and manpower increase and if they anticipated a jam n did a good job on clearing the traffic on that day they could do it other times also just increase manpower to open more clearing stations ,no need rts or hsr .

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a project is delayed in SG, someone must step out to explain and set expectation. The HSR is already expected to delay. My take is the BT news didn't add much info, just reiterating the known. What is unknown when it will start. PM Lee said this in ST today.

Attachments

• image-3261381013.jpg
    image-3261381013.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 585

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think PM Lee will want this whole rail thingy to succeed. I have a feeling also that he knows the future of Singapore is at stake if Iskandar doesn't take off well. He just doesn't want to say it only, perhaps. According to insider news I heard, the 6.9 million population goal is not a joke. They don't want to talk about it now cos they know citizens will react badly. It's a very sensitive topic now.

Already my younger just graduated from uni colleagues asked me for advice on housing here. I told them the facts, calculated for them a bit on their future expenses and what to expect. It looks bleak to them to have a good lifestyle as educated citizens who did quite well at school since their "O" levels. I told them the game has changed. This government is not going to guarantee you a good future here even if you have a good cert to show for. They can easily get foreigners to replace you who will accept your job for cheaper pay. You can forget about buying a condo or living in a big HDB flat.

so that's why I think this collaboration between the 2 governments is so important. I doubt the infrastructure here can cope with the huge influx of people for 10 years and beyond.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not really the stations. It's the manpower issues.
And there is absolutely no political will to resolve it.
If not such a simple thing won't be a decades issue alr.

:*:

I don't think opening up more counters at SG end will help. The bottleneck is the double custom check where multiple lanes converge into 1 (sometime 2) lane.
Last Monday noon time I was stuck for 1 hour going back to SG after counter.
The situation is actually getting worse.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think opening up more counters at SG end will help. The bottleneck is the double custom check where multiple lanes converge into 1 (sometime 2) lane.
Last Monday noon time I was stuck for 1 hour going back to SG after counter.
The situation is actually getting worse.

I agree. The irony is that while the signboards remain, there's no more green lanes. In fact, you will pass faster going through red lane.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's the lanes after the boot checking. horrendous. i believe it's heightened security due to islamic militants' arrests in malaysia.

Haha actually the lanes after the boot checking is not a big issue for me. The no. of car counters is more impt. Of course, I must qualify that I have accumulated vast experience over the years to know which lanes offer the shortest queues for boot checks. :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha actually the lanes after the boot checking is not a big issue for me. The no. of car counters is more impt. Of course, I must qualify that I have accumulated vast experience over the years to know which lanes offer the shortest queues for boot checks. :biggrin:

so did u notice a chio bu at SG CIQ?:p

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working conditions at the custom are not so good e.g. heat, fumes, noise, can't rest or have breaks easily, flared temper and dealing with dubious characters. I doubt most new staff will stay there for long.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Delay is sure-thing cos 2020 is just a few years away

Await 5th May when HSR terminals will have more news.. Hope Singapore side announce JE is the terminal station of Singapore to complement the Nusajaya Station left to CIQ @ 2nd link

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Delay is sure-thing cos 2020 is just a few years away

Await 5th May when HSR terminals will have more news.. Hope Singapore side announce JE is the terminal station of Singapore to complement the Nusajaya Station left to CIQ @ 2nd link

HSR is a major commitment and need detail planning.
Build or don't build, SG can make provision and mark out land reserve for the line alignment and stations, just like what they did for the proposed RTS.
The main problem is still on MY's side, what is the progress and what have they done so far?
Until now, the terminal for the RTS in JB's side and the track alignment is still not confirmed!
Worse, MY may have to shoulder the RM42 billion debt by 1MDB, so, where still got money to build the HSR?
Come 2020, most likely will be still be wondering when are they going to build the HSR!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR is a major commitment and need detail planning.
Build or don't build, SG can make provision and mark out land reserve for the line alignment and stations, just like what they did for the proposed RTS.
The main problem is still on MY's side, what is the progress and what have they done so far?
Until now, the terminal for the RTS in JB's side and the track alignment is still not confirmed!
Worse, MY may have to shoulder the RM42 billion debt by 1MDB, so, where still got money to build the HSR?
Come 2020, most likely will be still be wondering when are they going to build the HSR!

By hook or by crook, HSR will be built. Why? The keyword is Bandar Malaysia. It is the Old Sg Besi Airport and that is the flagship asset of 1MDB. Put it this way, without HSR, 1MDB will close shop. So no worries...the good news will come next week.