• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the time it is built, old guns like me go up the train no strength, get down from train no brake.
We should not spend time following the news of RST and HSR because you will only get disappointment and frustration. Not good for health.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always gd to see progress on both HSR and RTS fronts. I dont really see the HSR as impeding RTS. On the contrary, a lot of things agreed for the HSR ops can be similarly applied to RTS like security, financing, track maintenance, customs. Gd to have balanced growth for SG in North & West, and similarly for Johor, in West and Central.

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on report below, the HSR and RTS are still going ahead, but slowly. RTS should have firmer announcements next year.

www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/singapore-s-high-speed/1826070.html

"Singapore has said that it will site its RTS terminus at Woodlands North Station, along the Thomson-East Coast MRT line."
For Malaysia, according to Sin Chew Jit Poh, it is still undecided its RTS terminal. This has to wait for next retreat meeting. Thus Bukit Chagar may not be the one.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Singapore has said that it will site its RTS terminus at Woodlands North Station, along the Thomson-East Coast MRT line."
For Malaysia, according to Sin Chew Jit Poh, it is still undecided its RTS terminal. This has to wait for next retreat meeting. Thus Bukit Chagar may not be the one.

So if developer still advertise their property is 5 mins away from RTS is this considered as misleading consumers? To date their big billboards are still everywhere. Is this ethical ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if developer still advertise their property is 5 mins away from RTS is this considered as misleading consumers? To date their big billboards are still everywhere. Is this ethical ?

Well, they now say "5 mins away from PROPOSED RTS station".
Since this proposal was announced by the govt so its not exactly wrong or misleading to highlight this but remember, a proposal is still always proposal until its finally build or scrapped, so, buyers beware!

Anyway, the fate of this HSR and RTS will also depends on a few very important factors.
For SG's part, the cost of building it is never a problem, funds and land requirement were readily available, the ball is always on MY's side.
For MY, its the current PM's tenure and things may change drastically with his departure from office.
Then its the oil price. As long as oil price remains below USD 100pb, good chance the project will be deferred indefinitely.
Another sticky problem is the JV agreement on running the train service and its P&L matters.
The line in SG is less than 20km with one station against MY's side of more than 300km and 6 stations, how to split the maintenance cost and responsibility?
Who should be deciding on all HR matters like employment, pay and how to decide on train scheduling, fares etc?
This issues will not be easy to have a consensus.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps this could give you guys some form of confidence even if Najib is gone.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/en/article/‘foreign-investors-unmoved-local-1mdb-concerns’
Foreign investors unmoved by local 1MDB concerns
By Yen Ne Foo / The Edge Financial Daily | May 6, 2015 : 10:19 AM MYT

KUALA LUMPUR: Foreign investors’ decision to invest in the Malaysian market would not be moved by local complaints about the state-linked strategic development fund 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB), said JP Morgan Chase Bank Bhd (JP Morgan) chief executive officer and senior country officer Steven Clayton.

He said criticisms of 1MDB, and its impact on the Malaysian economy, are largely domestic concerns as international investors are more focused on the fundamentals of the Malaysian companies in which they choose to invest.

“Malaysia is a single A-rated country. People here always talk about a possible downgrade, but you have to remember that Moody’s got Malaysia on a potential upgrade. Nobody seems to mention that. Standard & Poor’s [has given Malaysia] a stable outlook. Only Fitch Ratings [has given] a negative outlook, but it has also just downgraded Japan,” said Clayton.

“The view of institutional investors ... [is to] just focus on the fundamentals of the companies rather than look at other issues,” he said.

Clayton also said the Malaysian market is one with “a lot of positives” and that it is starting to attract yield-hunting foreign investors back into the country’s equity and debt markets after a selldown at the end of 2014.

“Yes, we are seeing them (foreign investors) coming back. We are bullish on the fact that foreign investors are looking again at Malaysia. We don’t think they will come in massive numbers but we have seen a change in the trend. We are beginning to see ... foreigners becoming buyers rather than sellers,” said Clayton.

He said a high level of foreign investors’ participation in transactions such as Petroliam Nasional Bhd’s (Petronas) US$5 billion (RM18.05 billion) bonds, the Malaysian government’s US$1.5 billion Islamic bonds, as well as Malakofff Corp Bhd’s (Malakoff) initial public offering (IPO) are signs of a growing global appetite for the Malaysian market.

In particular, Clayton said 67% of Malakoff’s IPO shares set aside for institutional investors were subscribed by foreign investors.

Clayton said Malaysia’s IPO activity in 2015 will pick up in the second half of the year as investors gauge market reaction to Malakoff’s listing on Bursa Malaysia.

“Our own (IPO) pipeline is not bad at all and our competitors’ are pretty good as well. So, everyone was waiting to see what happens to Malakoff. We still have to wait till it trades next week,” he said.

“If it trades well next week, it will encourage a number of other issuers to activate their plans. Some of these plans are already in place and they are [just] waiting to see [what happens to Malakoff’s IPO]. For others, maybe more work needs to be done on their IPOs. But we do see IPOs picking up,” said Clayton.

He is also expecting mergers and acquisitions, specifically in the oil and gas and healthcare sectors in Malaysia, to increase in line with global trends.

On the equity market, JP Morgan’s executive director of equity research Mak Hoy Kit said the Malaysian equity market is “somewhat of an oil proxy” in 2015, and will be trading in line with global oil price trends.

JP Morgan’s forecast for Brent crude oil price stands at US$62 per barrel for the year and US$72 for 2016. It is also expecting the KLCI to see earnings growth of 6.2% this year.

Mak said JP Morgan will opt to expose itself to defensive growth sectors such as healthcare and selected real estate investment trusts. This strategy, he said, “gives you exposure to some form of growth but also a lot of earnings certainty”.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, they now say "5 mins away from PROPOSED RTS station".
Since this proposal was announced by the govt so its not exactly wrong or misleading to highlight this but remember, a proposal is still always proposal until its finally build or scrapped, so, buyers beware!

Anyway, the fate of this HSR and RTS will also depends on a few very important factors.
For SG's part, the cost of building it is never a problem, funds and land requirement were readily available, the ball is always on MY's side.
For MY, its the current PM's tenure and things may change drastically with his departure from office.
Then its the oil price. As long as oil price remains below USD 100pb, good chance the project will be deferred indefinitely.
Another sticky problem is the JV agreement on running the train service and its P&L matters.
The line in SG is less than 20km with one station against MY's side of more than 300km and 6 stations, how to split the maintenance cost and responsibility?
Who should be deciding on all HR matters like employment, pay and how to decide on train scheduling, fares etc?
This issues will not be easy to have a consensus.

Perhaps they can model it after the original KTM railway where they decide on who to be ultimately responsible for the operations n running on the facility. There could be a clause for shared profits and shared expenses based on percentage of total earnings. So I don't really see a problem with that. I agree the main crux is whether Malaysia has the financial capability and political willpower to even get this project off the ground.
If I am Singapore I will take this opportunity to stake a claim in running the operations all the way to jb. Would be a strategic advantage in future. Just offer the poor sods what they want n they will even sell their mother if u pay enough.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just offer the poor sods what they want n they will even sell their mother if u pay enough.

I know it is a figure of speech. :biggrin:
But with this attitude, no wonder Malaysia is less than interested to do this project. Nothing Singapore can do about it.
You can wait till cows come home. :biggrin:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know it is a figure of speech. :biggrin:
But with this attitude, no wonder Malaysia is less than interested to do this project. Nothing Singapore can do about it.
You can wait till cows come home. :biggrin:

You are right bro. I am just being the devil's advocate here. Looking at it from a practical sense there really isn't any supporting factor for Malaysia to proceed with this project at this point of time. Why build when I can just make more money raising tolls? For all we know jibby n ah long are laughing n patting their backs at how they can con us all in this charade.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right bro. I am just being the devil's advocate here. Looking at it from a practical sense there really isn't any supporting factor for Malaysia to proceed with this project at this point of time. Why build when I can just make more money raising tolls? For all we know jibby n ah long are laughing n patting their backs at how they can con us all in this charade.

Honest opinion?
I think RTS is the mistress. HSR is the first wife. It is for long term legacy. Not easy to commit all these unless they are forced politically.
And both of them have no pressure nor benefit presently to kick start these projects.
These projects will go though their natural progression to fruitation. It will take a long long time.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is when SG & MY think win-win, it can get down to who has the BIGGER win. Just look at the VEP-toll episodes.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
At first the malaysian govt complained that the spore govt is trying to delay the project, but now it is them who is delaying it. Don know if they know wat they r talking anot..

It is extremely normal in MY that various govt. departments don't know what the others are doing or talking about.
Just look at some of the recent GST fiascos.

The Finance Ministry and Customs initially said that the GST would be included in the price of a reload card, as the new GST was meant to replace the previous service tax of 6%, so in effect, there was to be no change in price.
Then the telcos decided to add GST to ther prepaid cards so that RM10 becomes RM10.60.
Then public complained.
Then Finance Ministry and Customs discussed with telcos to keep the increased price but add equivalent call value to cards.
And finally, the Dy Finance Minister clarified that the prepaid telco cards and reload will revert to the old prices and will not be subjected to the GST from next month.
Welcome to Malaysia!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is extremely normal in MY that various govt. departments don't know what the others are doing or talking about.
Just look at some of the recent GST fiascos.

The Finance Ministry and Customs initially said that the GST would be included in the price of a reload card, as the new GST was meant to replace the previous service tax of 6%, so in effect, there was to be no change in price.
Then the telcos decided to add GST to ther prepaid cards so that RM10 becomes RM10.60.
Then public complained.
Then Finance Ministry and Customs discussed with telcos to keep the increased price but add equivalent call value to cards.
And finally, the Dy Finance Minister clarified that the prepaid telco cards and reload will revert to the old prices and will not be subjected to the GST from next month.
Welcome to Malaysia!

Too many people want to be the chief to scam $ from the people.

I don't trust the Malaysia government enough for the HSR mega project, as there is actually nothing much in it for SG and it is unlikely to be financially sustainable given the amount of $ to be paid off to the cronies for the land, licences, contracts and other red-tapes.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong residents abuzz over High-Speed Rail terminus site
By Regina Marie Lee, TODAY
POSTED: 07 May 2015 06:55

TODAY reports: Majority of those surveyed are excited by the potential High-Speed Rail terminus will bring to Jurong East, but some fear that problems such as traffic congestion could worsen.

SINGAPORE: News that the Republic’s terminus for the High-Speed Rail (HSR) link to Kuala Lumpur would be sited in their neighbourhood has caused many Jurong East residents to purr with excitement.

Having enjoyed greater convenience from the developments that have sprouted rapidly in their neighbourhood in recent years, such as several malls around Jurong East MRT Station, they believe the latest addition can bring only more benefits, such as better transport links and retail options.

However, a minority of those TODAY spoke to fear that the problems that have started creeping in with the recent developments, such as traffic congestion, could worsen.

Among the majority, retiree Molly Tan, 65, believes the terminus will add even more leisure options in the town. “The older generation can come here for restaurants and have all these places developed to walk around for a nice outing,” she said.

Other long-time residents are glad that the once-neglected region would soon add the terminus as the jewel in its crown amid the myriad plans already announced there.

Mr Jais Sabtu, a 45-year-old service engineer, described the vast improvements he has enjoyed, especially in the past few years.

Compared with the days when he first moved there 31 years ago when there was no Pan Island Expressway, transport options have grown considerably, he said. “It’s now easier for residents to go anywhere.”

Retiree Alan Foo, a 65-year-old who has lived there for more than 30 years, agreed: “The plans should allow the residents to be more mobile and travel around for leisure.”

Student Nantha Kumar, 17, visits his aunt, who lives in Kuala Lumpur, every Saturday, and was cheered by the promise of easier travel to Malaysia, instead of the current three hours travel by car with his family. “The high-speed rail will reduce my travel time and allow me to go by myself,” he said.

Ms Angela Koh, a 47-year-old housewife, agreed: “It will be very convenient and there will be no need to change buses to travel to Malaysia.”

For some residents, however, the area has already become too congested and built up for comfort.

Citing the numerous shopping malls and the impending opening of Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, 22-year-old Kylie Yeo said Jurong East has become quite crowded. “The road congestion is quite bad,” said the undergraduate, who takes half an hour by bus to get from home to the MRT station because of traffic. “I’m afraid that it’ll worsen as more people come.”

Another undergraduate, Ms Choy Yun Zhen, 19, wondered if it was possible to expand the area’s transport infrastructure further to support the increased human traffic the high-speed rail will bring. “I don’t see how significant improvements can be made to the carrying capacity of MRT trains within the existing infrastructure. It’s already quite crowded,” she said.

For Mrs Zan Logan, 47, the environmental impact of having so many developments in the area is a concern. “A lot of trees have been cut down and there is a definite increase in temperature,” said the housewife. “When you walk between the buildings, you can feel the heat that is absorbed and radiated by the concrete because the buildings are not green.”

Meanwhile, businesses in Jurong East were mostly nonchalant about Tuesday’s (May 4) announcement. “With the high-speed rail, there will be more traffic,” said Mrs Dawn Tang, 41, who owns a watch shop at the MRT station.

“But although there are more shopping malls now, my business has maintained at the same level (because of competition). I also don’t know if my shop will still be here when it’s completed, as our rental term is for three years.”

Read the original TODAY report here.

-TODAY/av

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jurong-residents-abuzz/1830440.html

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong residents abuzz over High-Speed Rail terminus site
By Regina Marie Lee, TODAY
POSTED: 07 May 2015 06:55

TODAY reports: Majority of those surveyed are excited by the potential High-Speed Rail terminus will bring to Jurong East, but some fear that problems such as traffic congestion could worsen.

SINGAPORE: News that the Republic’s terminus for the High-Speed Rail (HSR) link to Kuala Lumpur would be sited in their neighbourhood has caused many Jurong East residents to purr with excitement.

Having enjoyed greater convenience from the developments that have sprouted rapidly in their neighbourhood in recent years, such as several malls around Jurong East MRT Station, they believe the latest addition can bring only more benefits, such as better transport links and retail options.

However, a minority of those TODAY spoke to fear that the problems that have started creeping in with the recent developments, such as traffic congestion, could worsen.

Among the majority, retiree Molly Tan, 65, believes the terminus will add even more leisure options in the town. “The older generation can come here for restaurants and have all these places developed to walk around for a nice outing,” she said.

Other long-time residents are glad that the once-neglected region would soon add the terminus as the jewel in its crown amid the myriad plans already announced there.

Mr Jais Sabtu, a 45-year-old service engineer, described the vast improvements he has enjoyed, especially in the past few years.

Compared with the days when he first moved there 31 years ago when there was no Pan Island Expressway, transport options have grown considerably, he said. “It’s now easier for residents to go anywhere.”

Retiree Alan Foo, a 65-year-old who has lived there for more than 30 years, agreed: “The plans should allow the residents to be more mobile and travel around for leisure.”

Student Nantha Kumar, 17, visits his aunt, who lives in Kuala Lumpur, every Saturday, and was cheered by the promise of easier travel to Malaysia, instead of the current three hours travel by car with his family. “The high-speed rail will reduce my travel time and allow me to go by myself,” he said.

Ms Angela Koh, a 47-year-old housewife, agreed: “It will be very convenient and there will be no need to change buses to travel to Malaysia.”

For some residents, however, the area has already become too congested and built up for comfort.

Citing the numerous shopping malls and the impending opening of Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, 22-year-old Kylie Yeo said Jurong East has become quite crowded. “The road congestion is quite bad,” said the undergraduate, who takes half an hour by bus to get from home to the MRT station because of traffic. “I’m afraid that it’ll worsen as more people come.”

Another undergraduate, Ms Choy Yun Zhen, 19, wondered if it was possible to expand the area’s transport infrastructure further to support the increased human traffic the high-speed rail will bring. “I don’t see how significant improvements can be made to the carrying capacity of MRT trains within the existing infrastructure. It’s already quite crowded,” she said.

For Mrs Zan Logan, 47, the environmental impact of having so many developments in the area is a concern. “A lot of trees have been cut down and there is a definite increase in temperature,” said the housewife. “When you walk between the buildings, you can feel the heat that is absorbed and radiated by the concrete because the buildings are not green.”

Meanwhile, businesses in Jurong East were mostly nonchalant about Tuesday’s (May 4) announcement. “With the high-speed rail, there will be more traffic,” said Mrs Dawn Tang, 41, who owns a watch shop at the MRT station.

“But although there are more shopping malls now, my business has maintained at the same level (because of competition). I also don’t know if my shop will still be here when it’s completed, as our rental term is for three years.”

Read the original TODAY report here.

-TODAY/av

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jurong-residents-abuzz/1830440.html

Gov do anything, sure got people complain. Singaporeans actually quite kiasu.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gov do anything, sure got people complain. Singaporeans actually quite kiasu.

Kids should just stay at home, be good, suck their lollipops and be quiet.
But then, I can also offer something else for you to suck since your mouth is big enough, to keep you quiet.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sure...... those naive consumers will be misleaded by this advert. Which project you are talking about?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is desperate to get the HSR project.

'We can build high speed rail by 2020', says China

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Patrick Lee

The Star/Asia News Network

KUALA LUMPUR: China is confident that it can build the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) line by 2020.

China embassy's economic and commercial counsellor Wu Zhengping expressed confidence that the original target date could be met - within certain parameters.

RELATED STORIES

•Singapore, Malaysia push back deadline for high-speed rail link
•Chinese cities vying for high-speed rail
•High-speed rail terminal will be at Jurong East

"Technically, it's possible if Chinese companies are awarded the contract. We will be able to achieve that by 2020. We've still got five years," he told The Star in an interview.

He was commenting on reports that the HSR line would not meet its original target date.

Wu pointed out that it took a mere three years to build the 1,318km Beijing-Shanghai HSR line, which was completed in 2010. It opened to the public in June 2011.

The 350km Kuala Lumpur-Singapore line is expected to cost about RM40bil (S$14.8 billion) while there are matters between Malaysia and Singapore which are expected to be ironed out by year end.

Wu said China was determined to build the line, adding that it would fall in with its plans to link Kunming to Singapore via some 2,700km of rail.

Calling it the "Pan-Asian Railway", he indicated that this would cut through Laos, Thailand and Malaysia.

He added that not all of this railway might be high-speed lines, especially in Laos, which has rough, mountainous terrain.

Wu said the HSR traffic might not be enough to justify building such a line but spoke of an economic "spillover effect" if it were to happen.

Chinese companies here, he added, might even start to develop areas near the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur line.

"If China is awarded the contract (in Malaysia), we'll encourage Chinese companies to locate their factories and firms along the railway line," he said.

He also said there were plans to build high-speed train cars in Malaysia should China be given the contract.

Asked what would China do if Chinese companies were unable to win the HSR bid, Wu said Malaysia had given assurance that this would be "open, fair and transparent".

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai, who is in Beijing on an official visit, said while he welcomed the offer from China, the open tender would only be called after details of the project had been thrashed out between Malaysia and Singapore.

He said a memorandum bet*ween the two countries would be signed by end of this year, adding that it would then take another year to complete the technical study.

"By then, only we would know what is the actual period (needed to build the line).

"It is too early to say that the project can be completed by 2020 when we do not have the details yet," he said.
Bryan long ah...relaxman ah...I missed you so much leh..waiting for you at your RF kennel leh...come over leh..your bird shrank recently that you have to hide under your pathetic clone and spew shit which were plagued with your horrible grammar across threads right?...Don't play alone, I play with you la. Come over, I'm waiting for you. Love you deep deep..muack muack! Hahaha cheers :smile: