• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
CC man, for the reason it's even in as an option....mean someone know the impact location being in CC. Next to cruise ship terminal.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singpore took so long to get rid of the old ktm track, dont think they will repeat another mistake and allow to build another track all the way to city center.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. SG had so much issue with KTM at Tanjong Pagar. No way it will be at city.

Got a brochure from one of my industrial developer today and the "proposed" HSR station is in the map there.. along AYE there next to Tuas 2nd link. Sounds logical. It has to run parallel to AYE for sure

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think they do research before put CC as option. It can run along island coast....tanjung pagar port schedule to move....these so far published.

HSR bring high of economy impact in the right location....put Tuas is convenient but lose the whole economy and regionalization goal. Put in CC will spur the next Singapore growth. Put Jurong is a compromise.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on kiasu, kiasi and kiabo sg gahmen approach..

They purposely showed 3 locations..
CC best but land is limited plus past KTM issues
Tuas West also good but no critical population mass to support the train station (which highly to be those integrated shopping complex)

I think the highly JE as it has the necessary population mass.
Also, the long waited JE integrated Bus Interchange has yet to be start. Could it be waiting for the decision of HSR?

Also, the HSR can run it track along AYE before turning in along Jurong Town hall Road.. make sense?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think Singapore won't offer city-center (too expensive) and tuas (too remote). Jurong east is just nice. My properties are nearby :biggrin:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think Singapore won't offer city-center (too expensive) and tuas (too remote). Jurong east is just nice. My properties are nearby :biggrin:

Tuas isn't really too remote with the new mrt extension. And population density may not really be relevant either because if people want to use a facility, they will make their way there by hook or by crook, except that it will not need to be by hook or crook if the mrt tuas extension brings them right to the station doorstep. Of course I'd like to see it materialise in JE because it's closer to my west coast property :wink:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sia considers separate entity to oversee high-speed rail towns
Land Public Transport Commission working on a draft, says chief exec
PUBLISHED JULY 29, 2014

[KUALA LUMPUR] The Malaysian government is considering setting up a separate entity to oversee the development of areas located along the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) project between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Land Public Transport Commission (Spad) chief executive Mohamad Nur Ismal Kamal said that the entity could be a special authority which will look at the socio-economic aspect of the towns.

"The development of these towns located along potential stops or stations of the HSR would be leveraging on the existing economic environment there but we will push it up the value chain slanting more towards high-end industries," he said.

He said Spad was still working on the draft, but there could be a standalone authority to focus on this development as "it's very important to have everything in concert and coordinated, once the ball starts rolling."

"This is because the HSR project is expected to be a game-changer for the creation of two mega cities and high value socio-economic clusters in between," Mr Mohamad Nur told The Star.

At this point in time, Spad shared that Greater KL would be the focus of business and financial services, Seremban would be home to small and medium size enterprises of technology-based industries, Malacca would be a centre for tourism and health tourism, Muar is dedicated for consumer goods and industrial design, Batu Pahat would be developed into a textile design and manufacturing centre while Nusajaya would continue to grow its education industries.

While most of these stops in Malaysia do not have high population density, Mr Mohamad Nur believed the project would boost the profile of the connecting areas, which, in turn, would attract new investments

The HSR is estimated to save up to 1½ hours of travelling time compared to boarding a flight with a capacity for 500 passengers in one sitting. The total estimated time for the 350-km journey from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is 1½ hours.

It will provide two types of services - the first being an express service between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, while the other is a transit service that will stop at all five proposed stations.

The HSR project would cost around RM40b (S$15.6 billion), according to previous news report. The HSR project, according to Mr Mohamad Nur, would be a catalyst of transport high-value workers and customers, but it would need an active planning and clear policies coordinated with the development of the HSR.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...entity-oversee-high-speed-rail-towns-20140729

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

i dont mean to pour cold water fhbh12, just my 2c worth, for i dont think the spore side would want to tie the tg pagar knot again. for the line to go right into the state again will probably be a no. they probably would prefer it to be like the current johore-spore train stopping right at the border so i can think of only tuas west.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed the HSR stop at Tuas Link

Attachments

• 20140425_161950.jpg
    20140425_161950.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 20140425_161944.jpg
    20140425_161944.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 368
  • 20140425_161935.jpg
    20140425_161935.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont mean to pour cold water fhbh12, just my 2c worth, for i dont think the spore side would want to tie the tg pagar knot again. for the line to go right into the state again will probably be a no. they probably would prefer it to be like the current johore-spore train stopping right at the border so i can think of only tuas west.

I think HSR is likely to be on paper, given the losses incurred by MAS and national debt level.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think HSR is likely to be on paper, given the losses incurred by MAS and national debt level.

LTA has called for a site feasibility tender, so it is not likely on paper, but will be around 2025 before it can be successfully implemented. Can be funded via the tolls/VEH, GST and the RTS fare.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that unlikely Singapore will go down the route of the old rail way entanglement again. Tuas west MRT link to downtown sounds like a rational idea.