• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, my little bird in the administration has told me a few days ago that the site wont be in the city centre because its illogical and reckless to do so considering the amount of work and money involved. After much conflicts and the closure of the KTM, the last thing the Spore govt want is to invite another HSR into Tanjong Pagar.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore, Malaysia working to agree on high-speed rail project by Q3
POSTED: 21 Mar 2015 21:04

Singapore's Ministry of Transport says both countries are working on "a number of complex issues, including the operating and financing models, that have to be jointly agreed upon”.

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Transport Ministry has confirmed that it is working towards a third-quarter timeline to reach a bilateral agreement on the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project.

In response to queries from Channel NewsAsia, a spokesperson on Saturday (Mar 21) said the ministry is working closely with its Malaysian counterparts on various aspects of the HSR project, and that both sides are working on "a number of complex issues, including the operating and financing models, that have to be jointly agreed upon”.

The Malaysian Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) told Channel NewsAsia earlier this week that plans for the HSR project on the Malaysian side could only progress to the procurement stage after discussions with Singapore.

CEO of SPAD Mohd Nur Ismail Kamal said the open tender for the rail project would most likely take place in early 2016.

When completed in 2020, the HSR link between the two cities will reduce the overland journey time by half - to under three hours. It will be the first high-speed rail link in Southeast Asia.

- CNA/xq

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-malaysia/1731448.html

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything on RTS?
Seems like most of the emphasis is on HSR.
Wonder why?
Maybe there's more kickbacks for that project?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything on RTS?
Seems like most of the emphasis is on HSR.
Wonder why?
Maybe there's more kickbacks for that project?

KL is where all the Big Boys are . If there is nothing for them, do you think they will lift a finger to expedite ? I have always believe the HSR has a better chance to succeed.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think they can just ignore the RTS.
That has the most immediate benefit for the locals on both sides of the Causeway.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore, Malaysia working to agree on high-speed rail project by Q3
POSTED: 21 Mar 2015 21:04

Singapore's Ministry of Transport says both countries are working on "a number of complex issues, including the operating and financing models, that have to be jointly agreed upon”.

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Transport Ministry has confirmed that it is working towards a third-quarter timeline to reach a bilateral agreement on the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project.

In response to queries from Channel NewsAsia, a spokesperson on Saturday (Mar 21) said the ministry is working closely with its Malaysian counterparts on various aspects of the HSR project, and that both sides are working on "a number of complex issues, including the operating and financing models, that have to be jointly agreed upon”.
The Malaysian Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) told Channel NewsAsia earlier this week that plans for the HSR project on the Malaysian side could only progress to the procurement stage after discussions with Singapore.

CEO of SPAD Mohd Nur Ismail Kamal said the open tender for the rail project would most likely take place in early 2016.

When completed in 2020, the HSR link between the two cities will reduce the overland journey time by half - to under three hours. It will be the first high-speed rail link in Southeast Asia.

- CNA/xq

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-malaysia/1731448.html

From the report, they are still working "towards a 3rd qtr timeline just to reach the bilateral agreement which consists of "a number of complex issues, including the operating and financing models”.
As such, looks like the final budget and detail infrastructure design for the line and stations are still not out yet.
Seems like these problems are not easily solved especially involving ownership of duties and responsibilities and of cos, money!
So, if these complex problems cannot be resolved and agreed upon by Sept 2015, back to the drawing board or worse, no more HSR?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia want HSR...and who want it more than malaysia? Its singapore. Both countries politically/economically wants it. Issue is only complex when bosses delay or dun want to make decision. In this case....bosses want it...however complex will resolved...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia want HSR...and who want it more than malaysia? Its singapore. Both countries politically/economically wants it. Issue is only complex when bosses delay or dun want to make decision. In this case....bosses want it...however complex will resolved...

Actually, both country can do with or without the HSR when there are so many mode of travel between the two cities.
The success of the HSR will depend on the fare, ridership, convenience and the actual time taken for the whole trip including immigration clearance.
First, the fare.
One can fly on a budget flight, drive, ride an express bus, take a taxi etc. to get from SG to KL, all with a different cost and time taken.
The cost for a ride on the HSR should be attractive enough that it is superior in cost, comfort and time over all the other modes.
However, for most regular workers from MY, to save them a day, I think they will still continue to hop on an express bus at night to reach destination in the morning, sleeping all the way thru.
And its cheaper, maybe very much cheaper.
Then its the sustainability of the system which relies on its the critical mass to support the running of the system and of cos its effective management.
Otherwise it'll be in the red every year just like the MAS!
But the worse decision is for the HSR is to have so many stops along the way, adding in an extra hour for the journey which defeats the purpose of "High Speed Rail".

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what Snowbird said abt the HSR fare is true. Many years ago, MY govt commissioned an international consulting group to look at HSR, and their conclusion was that it was operationally not cost effective, given the range of travel options and the low population.

Of course, MY govt must have taken into consideration, the property valuation aspects as well to eventually decide to go ahead.... I think SG side no issue, since ours is a short journey, and hence we should be taking a lesser share of the operational losses, which we can well afford to....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what Snowbird said abt the HSR fare is true. Many years ago, MY govt commissioned an international consulting group to look at HSR, and their conclusion was that it was operationally not cost effective, given the range of travel options and the low population.

Of course, MY govt must have taken into consideration, the property valuation aspects as well to eventually decide to go ahead.... I think SG side no issue, since ours is a short journey, and hence we should be taking a lesser share of the operational losses, which we can well afford to....

Isn't it ridiculous that even with a feasibility study with negative result by an international consulting company, they are still proceeding with the project?
I don't know what the report say but as a layman, even without the extensive resources of the international company, already able to observe the pitfalls and negativities which are actually so obvious.
I still say, building the system not difficult and its only a one time investment for both country but to maintain it for a long time without bleeding heavily is a miracle!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the TODAY newspaper, Khairy Jamaluddin has come out to say that: “before we even talk about a rapid transit system between Johor and Singapore and the high-speed rail link, I think we should explore the possibility of whether we can have a bridge....."

I think if Najib were to be ousted, the new administration which is more pro-Mahathir, will put the RTS and HSR projects on hold indefinitely.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the TODAY newspaper, Khairy Jamaluddin has come out to say that: “before we even talk about a rapid transit system between Johor and Singapore and the high-speed rail link, I think we should explore the possibility of whether we can have a bridge....."

I think if Najib were to be ousted, the new administration which is more pro-Mahathir, will put the RTS and HSR projects on hold indefinitely.

When the new JB CIQ was being built at 8,9 stories high from sea level during Dr M's time, it was built with anticipation of the construction of the "crooked bridge" in mind, joining the CIQ to SG's part of the Causeway which is about midway.
But then recently, the land on both sides of the Causeway on MY's side were just sold to the Chinese developer, with one side already under construction which is the Princess Cove.
So, with the current situation, the "crooked bridge" may not be possible to build.
However, both the RTS and HSR are still only a proposal on the drawing board with nothing concrete confirmed so far, so don't expect anything definite to be announce soon.

scenicbridge.jpg RF-PrincessCove-day-view.jpg

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the new JB CIQ was being built at 8,9 stories high from sea level during Dr M's time, it was built with anticipation of the construction of the "crooked bridge" in mind, joining the CIQ to SG's part of the Causeway which is about midway.
But then recently, the land on both sides of the Causeway on MY's side were just sold to the Chinese developer, with one side already under construction which is the Princess Cove.
So, with the current situation, the "crooked bridge" may not be possible to build.
However, both the RTS and HSR are still only a proposal on the drawing board with nothing concrete confirmed so far, so don't expect anything definite to be announce soon.

View attachment 20773 View attachment 20774

Timely reality check IMHO....:rolleyes:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

As long as connectivity between SG and Johor improves, JB will prosper.

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as connectivity between SG and Johor improves, JB will prosper.

Crooked or straight bridge, the jam is still the same. The source of jam is at the custom clearing stations. They should build more of these stations to speed up the clearing at both sides. If not enough lands to build these stations, then perhaps they can consider going upwards by having multilevel clearing platforms. Now is only one level.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not really the stations. It's the manpower issues.
And there is absolutely no political will to resolve it.
If not such a simple thing won't be a decades issue alr.

:*: