• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proposed stops for KL-S'pore high-speed rail - Nusajaya in Johor

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
By hook or by crook, HSR will be built. Why? The keyword is Bandar Malaysia. It is the Old Sg Besi Airport and that is the flagship asset of 1MDB. Put it this way, without HSR, 1MDB will close shop. So no worries...the good news will come next week.

Haha, admire your optimism.
1MDB is a debt ridden shell company without much assets except a few piece of over priced land worth only a small little fraction of the RM42 billion.
The major banks in MY, including Maybank being the major lender, which gave the loans are in jittery now as 1MDB had already defaulted TWICE!!
No company with the right frame of mind would want to go into a joint venture with this 1MDB!
It is also quite strange that CIMB, the second largest bank in MY which is own by the PM's brother did not extend a loan to 1MDB.
Maybe there is something that he knows and the others don't???

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, admire your optimism.
1MDB is a debt ridden shell company without much assets except a few piece of over priced land worth only a small little fraction of the RM42 billion.
The major banks in MY, including Maybank being the major lender, which gave the loans are in jittery now as 1MDB had already defaulted TWICE!!
No company with the right frame of mind would want to go into a joint venture with this 1MDB!
It is also quite strange that CIMB, the second largest bank in MY which is own by the PM's brother did not extend a loan to 1MDB.
Maybe there is something that he knows and the others don't???

Sometimes one can have all the money but could not buy land like the few overpriced land in Malaysia. 200 hectares of prime land at Sg Besi is enough for anyone to salivate. We all understand the frustrations.

Interesting to know what you really know about 1MDB. Apart for the few overpriced land, TRX already had LandLease of Australia signed up with investment of RM 3.5billion.
How much does Maybank lend to 1MDB? Maximum RM5.5billion of which RM2 billion was repaid last january. And where did this RM42 billion debt come from? It is the private placements arrangement by foreigners which include Middle East countries. If 1MDB really go bust, it will not affect Malaysia financial status as confirmed by CIMB Nazir concurring with Bank Negara Zeti.

What's the real assets of 1MDB? It has 3 running power stations bought from Genting, Ananda and Powertek. It is building a few more in Malaysia and also overseas with its partner PetroSaudi. It is the 2nd largest Independent Power Plant generating electricity in Malaysia. These are long term strategic assets which will generate income for a long long time.

Am I optimistic? Yes, I am. You don't enjoy life by embracing doomsday predictions every day. If you are too conservative, then go global. Spread your risks around. Be a global citizen. Politics is beyond me. Too old for that. :smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes one can have all the money but could not buy land like the few overpriced land in Malaysia. 200 hectares of prime land at Sg Besi is enough for anyone to salivate. We all understand the frustrations.

Interesting to know what you really know about 1MDB. Apart for the few overpriced land, TRX already had LandLease of Australia signed up with investment of RM 3.5billion.
How much does Maybank lend to 1MDB? Maximum RM5.5billion of which RM2 billion was repaid last january. And where did this RM42 billion debt come from? It is the private placements arrangement by foreigners which include Middle East countries. If 1MDB really go bust, it will not affect Malaysia financial status as confirmed by CIMB Nazir concurring with Bank Negara Zeti.

What's the real assets of 1MDB? It has 3 running power stations bought from Genting, Ananda and Powertek. It is building a few more in Malaysia and also overseas with its partner PetroSaudi. It is the 2nd largest Independent Power Plant generating electricity in Malaysia. These are long term strategic assets which will generate income for a long long time.

Am I optimistic? Yes, I am. You don't enjoy life by embracing doomsday predictions every day. If you are too conservative, then go global. Spread your risks around. Be a global citizen. Politics is beyond me. Too old for that. :smile:

Oh boy! You speak better about 1MDB than their spokesman!
Actually you should take some time and read what Dr M wrote in his blog about 1MDB.
This old man is not your regular old man who just talk a lot, he has great resources, wide contacts and extensive connections in and out of the government.
And he is not talking down the opposition but his own party chief and current PM so he has to be precise!
So, things he mentioned and listed down comprehensively about the problems in 1MDB were not just rumors and hearsay.
And by the way, that RM 2 billions paid recently after 2 delays were another loan from unknown source!

Last edited:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
That 2 billion is from Ananda.

Najib unable to answer questions from Dr Mahathir and the oppositions about PetroSaudi money laundering transactions. One should read Dr Mahathir's blog and sarawak report to see so much evidence in exposing this embezzlement. Sarawak report owner is the wife of the brother of Gordon Brown, ex-PM of Britain.

Recently, Mahathir, oppositions and voices from the ground have been calling Najib to resign. In one of Mahathir's many speeches, he has hinted that if BN lose the next general election, many ppl will go to jail. He did not elaborate but I believe he knows what is going on.

Opposition has been using this 1mDB scandal to their advantage to nail Najib.
Dr Mahathir is trying to do a house cleaning in UMNO b4 the next election.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't just read what Mahathir write. There are more than meets the eye. Just in case some of you still thinking how did Najib got his money and for those who do not know, his grand dad is the founding member of Genting Highlands.

1MBD is all about reversing what happened those days. It is not a nice story. All I can say is it is about privatisation projects and subsidies that were implemented then. Unfortunately somewhere along the way, money could not be accounted for or for some reasons, najib refuse to comment. He leave it to the Attorney General and the Public Accounts Committeee to audit and reveal the findings. Btw, the 2billion is part of the Sales Agreement and not borrowed money. People who knew all these supported the PM. That's why majority of the BN leaders including those from his own party supported him.
Having said all these, it is good to take notice the political scenarios around us which we cannot control but what we can control is our money. Malaysia is not as stable as Singapore and things are very fluid. Those politicians can change everytime, but we cannot keep changing our homes.
Just like in London, property guidelines will change with elections in next 2 weeks. For those who had invested, we cannot do anything. As starters, beginning 1st April 2015, the capital gain tax is 18%. :(

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That 2 billion is from Ananda.

Najib unable to answer questions from Dr Mahathir and the oppositions about PetroSaudi money laundering transactions. One should read Dr Mahathir's blog and sarawak report to see so much evidence in exposing this embezzlement. Sarawak report owner is the wife of the brother of Gordon Brown, ex-PM of Britain.

Recently, Mahathir, oppositions and voices from the ground have been calling Najib to resign. In one of Mahathir's many speeches, he has hinted that if BN lose the next general election, many ppl will go to jail. He did not elaborate but I believe he knows what is going on.

Opposition has been using this 1mDB scandal to their advantage to nail Najib.
Dr Mahathir is trying to do a house cleaning in UMNO b4 the next election.

The RM2 Billion coming from Ananda was the worse keep secret but was "denied" by Ananda himself.
Obviously it was a discreet I scratch your back and you scratch mine deal.
And that fat Chinaman was the obvious laundry man paid with an extra super fat commission for all the transactions.
Its not missing millions in question this time but billions, and its 42 billions and it will not be conveniently swept under the carpet.
But in MY's politics, everyone has his own hidden agenda, including Dr Mahathir, so, whatever he is doing may not be neccessary as what he claimed to be.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exact location of the nusajaya terminus revealed?
IMG_74010618067791.jpeg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can't be cutting across so many dense areas, as land acquisition will raise cost and cause delay. I think Malaysia's saving is quite depleted already. Its deficit is still there and 1mbd money is still not clear.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Havent confirm unless you are Lee's mistress.

But highly likely ( I am sure 90% ) got to be @ Jurong East with the largest financial centre outside CBD. Genting Hotel opening and hospitals etc are indications.

I have more confidence in JE being the terminal of Singapore than Pak-Jiao winning the fight against Mayweather tomorrow morning

Is it confirmed that the HSR terminus in Singapore will be at Jurong Lake District ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
These pple think they are God and even drew out something which the govt haven't announced. But any goons will know that HSR is somewhere there as the govt has said its to the left side of the highway.

The govt has openly said it will be to the left side of the highway and probably next to CIQ just a few months ago.

The exact location of the nusajaya terminus revealed?
View attachment 20848

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about you guys but no way I am going to stay next to the terminal or anywhere near the tracks.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about you guys but no way I am going to stay next to the terminal or anywhere near the tracks.

Right, with the fastrack and HSR, it will be a super noisy and busy location with all kinds of characters loitering around the station. I prefer to stay over the other side of the highway and near to sea. Most people move out of sg to a quieter place, not to another super crowded place.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right, with the fastrack and HSR, it will be a super noisy and busy location with all kinds of characters loitering around the station. I prefer to stay over the other side of the highway and near to sea. Most people move out of sg to a quieter place, not to another super crowded place.
But property prices around the vicinity of hsr and fast track should appreciate fastest.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, despite the noise, people still want to live near terminal .

It is the same throughout in every major city.
MRT station and HSR station is very different. One is localised, the other is international. Different demographics.
Recent Northpark Residence at Yishun which is very close to the MRT is going for SGD1300 psf, wonder how much for properties close to HSR terminal.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the same throughout in every major city.
MRT station and HSR station is very different. One is localised, the other is international. Different demographics.
Recent Northpark Residence at Yishun which is very close to the MRT is going for SGD1300 psf, wonder how much for properties close to HSR terminal.

Northpark Residence, I heard the developer bought the land at very high price... no choice must sell at SGD1300 psf... but a lot of sinkies fell for it...