• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parked lorry on PIE led to man's death

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anderson Rozario Esep M. leaving the State Court, pleading guilty on 30 June 2014 to causing Mr Chin Kin Siong's death by a rash act.
Ian Poh
The Straits Times
Thursday, Jul 03, 2014
Deciding he needed to nap before completing his drive home early one morning last July, Anderson Rozario Esep M. stopped his lorry, and turned off its engine and all the lights before going to sleep – in the middle of the expressway.

About 30 minutes later, a van collided into his lorry. Its driver, Mr Chin Kin Siong, 52, suffered multiple injuries, including fractures in the torso and pelvis, and a crushed leg. He died later in hospital.

Yesterday, Rozario, 24, pleaded guilty to causing Mr Chin’s death by a rash act in July 30 last year.

A district court heard that the night before the incident, Rozario had slept in his lorry at a carpark after drinking at a coffee shop. The Malaysian woke up at about 5am and set off, but stopped the vehicle about 40 minutes later along the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), on the second lane from the right.

Spotting the danger, a truck driver stopped on the road shoulder nearby and called out to Rozario. Failing to wake him, he stood at the road shoulder and waved a torchlight to warn oncoming vehicles.

However, Mr Chin crashed his van into the parked vehicle’s rear at 6.14am.

Rozario faces up to five years’ jail and a fine, and a driving ban. He will be sentenced on July 10.

This article was first published on JULY 1, 2014.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Become a fan on Facebook

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Spotting the danger, a truck driver stopped on the road shoulder nearby and called out to Rozario. Failing to wake him, he stood at the road shoulder and waved a torchlight to warn oncoming vehicles.
However, Mr Chin crashed his van into the parked vehicle’s rear at 6.14am."

Mr. Chin did not see the "light"...must be part of the 60%, despite people waving torches to highlight the danger, they still crash into the parked vehicle calle "PAP"...many are alive but "dead"...

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot understand if one is driving at the limited speed, how can he not see a still vehicle from afar and avoid it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so far never seen pinoy construction worker and shit skins also have those spanish names too.

Lots of Pinoys have Spanish or Latino-sounding names. They're proud of their 'Spanish heritage'. :rolleyes:

seagate_issues_apology_for_employees_insensitive_comments-thumbnail.jpg

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this obese pariah is a kudi-karan (alcoholic cum wife-beater) that's typic of most mutton-gorging pundeks.....that has cost a life.
don't these pundeks realise that accidents costs people :confused:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this obese pariah is a kudi-karan (alcoholic cum wife-beater) that's typic of most mutton-gorging pundeks.....that has cost a life.
don't these pundeks realise that accidents causes people :confused:

He reminds me of a prata flipper at a nearby coffee shop.

Everything is the same: hairstyle, facial features, pot belly. :biggrin:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot understand if one is driving at the limited speed, how can he not see a still vehicle from afar and avoid it.

"Spotting the danger, a truck driver stopped on the road shoulder nearby and called out to Rozario. Failing to wake him, he stood at the road shoulder and waved a torchlight to warn oncoming vehicles."

Two issue here on the truck driver trying to help and the van driver assessing the situation wrongly.

Good samaritian Truck driver half hearted failed attempt to wake the pundek knowing the potential dangers ; Can;t he call the police for that matter . if the truck driver is a Malaysian then can understand the lax attitude. If the truck driver is a local; he should be be liable for the death of the van driver as well. Plain stupidity to the core for not thinking.

For the deceased; obviously he was not ready for anything at 6am with his state of conscious and age.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He reminds me of a prata flipper at a nearby coffee shop.

Everything is the same: hairstyle, facial features, pot belly. :biggrin:
at least this occupation doesn't cost lives, save for a bout of tummy ache / runs if he adds certain ingredients when he forgets to wash his hands after doing his other business :rolleyes:
Looks like a younger version of prataman.
yes, uncanny resemblance and both have / had occupations that are a danger to mankind :cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i dont understand,how can people not notice a freaking lorry in the middle of the road.....i mean its not a freaking kangaroo in the middle of australia outback,singapore streets are pretty well lit too compared to some parts of australia where its literally pitch black and isolated.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lots of Pinoys have Spanish or Latino-sounding names. They're proud of their 'Spanish heritage'. :rolleyes:

]

Nigger please read before you post. I mentioned that not only pinoys have those types of names and its true not that many Pinoy construction workers and That is all nothing else

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i dont understand,how can people not notice a freaking lorry in the middle of the road.....i mean its not a freaking kangaroo in the middle of australia outback,singapore streets are pretty well lit too compared to some parts of australia where its literally pitch black and isolated.

Its not a clever thing to do to stop in the middle of a expressway. It is bound to cause a accident. This lorry driver, in malaysia is known as a grago ( descendants of portogoose (singular)). Must be drunk the night before.(stomach is the evidence). and he was still drunk when he woke up at 5 am.