• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[ Open Plate ] Valencia CF to be relegated under sinkie ownership

Dodomeki

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Valencia announce shock Pizzi sacking

397397_heroa.jpg

By John-Paul Tooth
Jul 2, 2014 5:37:00 PM

The club have parted ways with their coach, two months after the club was taken over by Singapore businessman Peter Lim

Valencia have announced the shock sacking of coach Juan Antonio Pizzi.

The 46-year-old was only given the job back in December and guided the club to eighth in La Liga as well as the semi-finals of the Europa League, where they were knocked out by eventual winners Sevilla.

But after the club were taken over in May by Singapore businessman Peter Lim, they have now opted to start afresh by terminating the services of Pizzi and his staff.

"With the expansion of the sales process of Valencia CF, for reasons unrelated to the management of the club, and in order to provide stability to the future sports project, the board of directors of Valencia FC, having analysed all the possibilities in this complex and crucial moment for shareholders, has decided to dispense with the services of coach Juan Antonio Pizzi," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Valencia Football Club wishes the best of luck to Pizzi and his coaching staff, with them having developed [the club] with their professionalism and involvement in the institution."

Former Deportivo La Coruna and Porto goalkeeper Nuno is rumoured to be Valencia's first choice coach as they bid to make a swift appointment ahead of pre-season.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expect Sundramoorty to be appointed head coach soon :biggrin:

I put money on fandi Ahmad with some young lions being signed on loan.

Euro league head coaches need to have UEFA Class A licenses. I think Fandi and Sundram only have AFC Class A whihc is equivalent to UEFA Class B. At best I think they can only be Assistant Coaches. In any case, it'll be a good experience for them both to even be an Assistant Coach.

Probably Fandi's 2 boys will be on the list....maybe that Adam Swandi boy also.....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Euro league head coaches need to have UEFA Class A licenses. I think Fandi and Sundram only have AFC Class A whihc is equivalent to UEFA Class B. At best I think they can only be Assistant Coaches. In any case, it'll be a good experience for them both to even be an Assistant Coach.

Probably Fandi's 2 boys will be on the list....maybe that Adam Swandi boy also.....

Thks for clarifying in this case I nominate David moyes

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yup. Could be a real possibility. But then again, ang mo gaos are known to look down on Asians. Don't think they can even be assistant coaches.

jw5

Loyal
Luckily for Valencia, there are many poor teams in La Liga who will likely be relegated ahead of them.
Among them is Levante, if they were to sell their star Costa Rican keeper Kaylor Navas. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know much about clubs in La Liga, but if Asian intervention into the Premier League is anything to go by, expect Valencia CF to follow in the same path as Blackburn Rovers with Shebby Singh made technical Director of Football...:biggrin:

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In order to get a permit to play in an EU league all players must have played 70% for their national teams's 'A" international matches.

Another words have to be full international players not little boys.

Plus for everyone S.E Asian player who goes over for 'trial' with hopes of getting a contract there are 1000 others waiting to get in.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I don't know much about clubs in La Liga, but if Asian intervention into the Premier League is anything to go by, expect Valencia CF to follow in the same path as Blackburn Rovers with Shebby Singh made technical Director of Football...:biggrin:

There was once a La Liga club called Racing Santandar................................ :o

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FAS president is a very talented man. Maybe Peter Lim will employ him to run the club. Sure no problem with Mayor background.

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Valencia will be a mid table club :biggrin:

Valencia want Champions League return, says Nuno

441535_heroa.jpg

By Peter Hanson
Aug 4, 2014 16:44:00

The 40-year-old is adamant that he can help lead his new club back into Europe's top competition after they finished eighth in La Liga last term

Valencia coach Nuno Santo is targeting a return to the Champions League after succeeding Juan Antonio Pizzi at Mestalla this summer.

The Europa League semi-finalists could only finish in eighth place in La Liga last term and have missed out on the continent's top club competition for a second consecutive season.

However, Nuno believes that he can restore them to the top four and lead them back among the European elite.

"I don't hide [the fact] that we have the wish, the desire to be in the Champions League next year," he told reporters.

"I think it's possible because we are a big club. The position of Valencia is none other than fighting for the Champions League.

"The club has a big project inside of it and we expect all the things to come true. Our ambitions are clear."

Nuno witnessed his side clinch the Emirates Cup at the weekend thanks to a 2-2 draw with Monaco on Saturday and a 3-1 victory over Benfica the following day.

And the Portuguese expects his charges to kick on before the Liga opener with Sevilla on August 23.

"We are building a team and that's the main goal at this moment in the season," he added.

"I'm sure that on August 23 we're going to be stronger than we are today. We're going to be more united. We're going to have more weapons to use.

"Our supporters can count on us to work hard and to fight for everything that we can."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here's why..

Look at the players purchases in the transfer window and see who are the players Real Madrid and Barcelona bought.

Diego Simone remains as coach at Atletico Madrid.

Athletic Club have always been doing well to be in the top 5.

And u have money bags Malaga, Sevilla, Villareal to fight for the fifth spot which is Europa League. :biggrin: