• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More great news: 4 Asian cities put Singapore to shame in 2014 livability survey

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all know the sad reality of Spore. So it is no surprise to us "lesser mortals" that things are not what they used to be.
However now the outside world is taking notice that Spore is back sliding

I'm surprised that we have been getting so many negative news about Spore:confused:

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/4-asian-cities-put-singapore-045900601.html

4 Asian cities put Singapore to shame in 2014 livability survey

We slip down from a consistent 15th.

Since 2006, lifestyle magazine Monocle has published an annual list of livable cities and presented 25 top locations for quality of life, where Singapore has continuously ranked.

The survey assigns ranks in terms of safety/crime, international connectivity, climate, quality of architecture, public transportation, tolerance, environmental issues and access to nature, urban design, business conditions, pro-active policy developments and medical care.

Japan bagged 3 in the top 10 this year, with Tokyo, Kyoto, and Fukuoka ranking 2nd, 9th and 10th respectively, while Hong Kong snatched 13th place.

72 Comments

Popular Now
Newest
Oldest
Most Replied

Peter
16users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down0users disliked this comment
Peter • 7 hours ago Report Abuse

To have quality living standards in Singapore one would have to spend a very huge sum of monies in order to sustain a better quality of life but that is beyond the reach of most Singaporeans due to the very high cost of living.

Ethan
5users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down2users disliked this comment
Ethan • 3 hours ago Report Abuse

Didn't some years back the SG government boastfully said they'll turn Singapore into the Swiss of the East?:smile: Correction SG government, the Swiss are known to be very protective of their immigration borders, because they actually care greatly about the well-being of their citizens, & it's... More

2 Replies
Leng Teck
10users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down0users disliked this comment
Leng Teck • 9 hours ago Report Abuse

We slip down from a consistent 15th. So what position are we in now???

Deaf Mute
6users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down0users disliked this comment
Deaf Mute • 4 hours ago Report Abuse

Singapore has grown from a fishing village to an international brothel.

mint2spice
1users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down2users disliked this comment
mint2spice • 4 hours ago Report Abuse

The only negative point I can pick on living in Singapore is humidity & heat & these only depends on certain times of the year. From mid-January to early April its pleasant to be in Singapore. After that its gets too humid. Then its time to pack up + work & move to Europe for summer... More

Mark
21users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down1users disliked this comment
Mark • 7 hours ago Report Abuse

Rank quality of life, Number One from the back. Liveable for tourist and for those trash fake FT that transfer their nonsense from their country to Singapore, contaminate the whole stretch of Orchard Road, leaving full of trash by trash especially after the weekends. Where upon is the rating for... More

1 Reply
Leyana
30users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down2users disliked this comment
Leyana • 10 hours ago Report Abuse

What's so importance about the ranking? Whether you are ranked number 1 or number 25 the most importance is the people must have well secured job, elderly well taken care, your children have a place in the U instead given to foreign student to study free, cost of living affordable and the people... More

Tan
39users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down7users disliked this comment
Tan • 9 hours ago Report Abuse

you know why keep dropping? because the gov never listen and keep importing more and more cheap foreign labours which resulted in lower social ethics. Want more $ but everywhere now you see is weirdos with poor attitude, habits, hygiene, unhappy and angry faces. Once again I 'thanked' our dear gov... More

10 Replies
cliff
4users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down2users disliked this comment
cliff • 5 hours ago Report Abuse

Things are far too expensive , even tourist feelng the pinch and just transpassing and go Hongkong to do their shopping. Local with no choices are stuck in the vacuum and hard press for money. ... More

1 Reply
Mee Pok
14users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down5users disliked this comment
Mee Pok • 7 hours ago Report Abuse

Actually existing measure in reducing foreign worker quota and increasing levy do help to force companies to employ more citizen. But of course there are also many companies employ more citizens to get more foreign workers. I think we should reduce foreign worker quota further to 50% or less of... More

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to laugh

"The survey assigns ranks in terms of safety/crime, international connectivity, climate, quality of architecture, public transportation, tolerance, environmental issues and access to nature, urban design, business conditions, pro-active policy developments and medical care."

safety/crime---local girls and tourists get molested by ah nehs until they don't come back
international connectivity--many foreigners still don't know about the existence of Singapore
climate--- fungus and bacteria until got skin disease
quality of architecture---pigeons holes, HDBs keep on being repainted with obiang colors to cover up the shit design
public transportation -- got transport also got no good places to go, build for shit only
tolerance--full of small minded people
environmental issues-- haze every year, still got stupid people burning hell paper, littering, no solar power
access to nature---get mosquito bites only
urban design---traffic jam on expressway every single day, build expressway for shit
business conditions---low wage, lack of variety, full of money-unwise people who are cheapos
pro-active policy developments---not pro-active, wayang by the cheena ang moh pai
medical care---all taken up by the stupid people who don't know about taking care of their body

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
already asked many overseas friends to give singapore a miss years ago.

instead shuffle them to live with me in jb where you get value for their money.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck monocle and their gay lifestyle agenda

And fuck EDB for endorsing these cock suckers. Please get Aids and die :oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...tolerance--full of small minded people ...

Agree with most of the observations:o

However not about Sporeans being "small minded". I think many are affected by the "siege mentality".

siege mentality
noun
noun: siege mentality

a defensive or paranoid attitude based on the belief that others are hostile towards one.

I don't think people are being paranoid when it comes to the PAP. They have been under the PAP for a long times & I think the PAP is trying to do "ethnic cleansing" or "lesser mortal" cleansing:eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can Singapore be considered 'livable' when it is grossly overcrowded, infested with foreigners and the government couldn't even get the basics such as healthcare, transport and public safety right?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Johnny, i just love such postings..

i predict sinkieland will go down in ranking in all category in the very near future.. i really look forward to it and i will have a hell of a time to bash sinkies and sinkieland.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, i just love such postings..

i predict sinkieland will go down in ranking in all category in the very near future.. i really look forward to it and i will have a hell of a time to bash sinkies and sinkieland.

It's obvious to most people that Spore is not as livable as before. Currently I try to avoid going out at the peak periods. Fortunately for me I have the luxury of choosing to stay home & only going out during the off peak hours

Can't imagine what life in Spore will be like when the population reaches 8 million:eek:

What to do, the 60% allowed LHL to continue with his policies? I hope more Sporeans will wake up. As for me I've my plans & fortunately Spore is not a big part of it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's obvious to most people that Spore is not as livable as before. Currently I try to avoid going out at the peak periods. Fortunately for me I have the luxury of choosing to stay home & only going out during the off peak hours

Can't imagine what life in Spore will be like when the population reaches 8 million:eek:

What to do, the 60% allowed LHL to continue with his policies? I hope more Sporeans will wake up. As for me I've my plans & fortunately Spore is not a big part of it.

same here...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, go easy on yr bashing ok? I've got properties to rent out! The way you guys are going, I'll miss my paychecks for meals and golf.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of retarded article is that. No head no tail. Say put us to shame never say why. Say we slip never say slip how bad. Seriously WTF.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahahahhahaaaaaa... denial, denial and denial.
singapore where got hope liao??????????
but this is a bluddy good sign for collapse of the lightning party.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
serious this fucking country is even considered a tourist destination? what is there to see in this fucking Hell hole?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can Singapore be considered 'livable' when it is grossly overcrowded, infested with foreigners and the government couldn't even get the basics such as healthcare, transport and public safety right?

Yes...they can"t even get this basic fact rite...If u pay yourself highly, you must be able to deliver....

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best part is the father and son team has asked Japan to follow them.

When ministers pay themselves the highest salaries in mankind and mass import low quality immigrants (many with dubious qualifications) to fill up the little place- the quality of life can only go one way-down.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinkie must take responsibilty n hang himself fr piano wire to appease the dead souls fr pioneer package.