• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm happy I don't play against Costa, admits Chelsea ace Hazard

869162_heroa.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jan 29, 2015 07:56:00

The Spain international may miss Saturday's crunch clash with Premier League title rivals Manchester City after being charged for appearing to stamp on Emre Can

Eden Hazard admits that he is happy he doesn't have to play against Chelsea team-mate Diego Costa, as the fallout from the striker's controversial performance against Liverpool continues.

Costa appeared to stamp on Emre Can and Martin Skrtel in separate incidents during Tuesday's stormy League Cup semi-final second-leg clash with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, but escaped punishment from referee Michael Oliver.

The Football Association (FA) has since charged the Spain international with violent conduct in relation to the Can incident, putting Chelsea at risk of losing their top scorer for Saturday's crunch clash with Premier League title rivals Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.

However, Hazard insists he admires Costa's commitment on the pitch and believes he is lucky to have him as a team-mate.

"Diego motivates us all," the Belgian told reporters after Chelsea's extra-time victory. "When you play with this guy, you have to give everything. You can see in every action and for every ball, he gives his life.

"Even if he does not score, he gives his life. For us, for the players, when you play with him, it's very good.

"In training he is different. But in games he is very good. He never stops. He had a very good mentality against Liverpool.

"Every team and every player knows Diego now. He got one yellow card. But we need him because he can score every minute, every second of every game.

"I don't know if I would hate to play against him. I play with him, and I'm happy with that. I'm lucky."

Chelsea are currently five points clear of nearest rivals City at the top of the Premier League table.

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mutch joins Palace from QPR

29 January 2015

780219header.jpg

Jordon Mutch has joined Crystal Palace from fellow Premier League side QPR for an undisclosed fee.

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of QPR winger Jordon Mutch for an undisclosed fee.

Mutch only moved to Loftus Road from Cardiff City in the close-season, but has started just three Premier League games for Harry Redknapp's side this term.

Subsequently, he has opted to join Palace on a four-and-a-half-year deal and becomes manager Alan Pardew's second signing of the transfer window after Yaya Sanogo joined on loan from Arsenal.

Having started his career with Birmingham City, Mutch moved to Cardiff ahead of the 2012-13 season.

Mutch went on to make 60 appearances for the Welsh club, helping them achieve promotion to the Premier League in his debut campaign.

However, Cardiff were relegated after just one season and he subsequently joined QPR, for whom he made just 11 appearances.

Mutch could make his debut when Palace host Everton on Saturday.

The midfielder joins a side brimming with confidence, with the club having won four consecutive matches in all competitions since Pardew was chosen as Neil Warnock's successor.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Palace land free agent Ameobi

29 January 2015

780203header.jpg

Shola Ameobi has returned to the Premier League after reuniting with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace.

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of free agent Shola Ameobi on a deal until the end of the season.

The Nigeria striker has been searching for a new club since cancelling his contract with Turkish side Gaziantep at the end of last month.

Ameobi was linked with a move to West Brom, but he has instead opted for a reunion with Palace boss Alan Pardew, with whom he worked at Newcastle United.

The 33-year-old came through the youth ranks at St James' Park and went on to score 79 goals in 397 first-team games for the club.

Upon leaving at the end of his contract last season, Ameobi plumped for a move abroad but he made just 11 appearances, scoring four goals, before deciding to return to England.

Speaking on his move, Ameobi told Palace's official website: "I'm very excited to be here, I wanted to get back in the Premier League and having worked with the manager before it's been great to come back and hopefully help us avoid the relegation battle.

"I had a couple of other clubs interested but I think my relationship with Alan and how much I enjoyed working with him was one of the big factors in my decision.

"He instils confidence in players and he always seems to get the best out of them, certainly he did that at Newcastle and hopefully he can do that for me and the rest of the lads here."

Ameobi follows Jordon Mutch to Selhurst Park after the midfielder also joined on a permanent deal from QPR earlier on Thursday.

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whelan and Crouch sign new Stoke deals

29 January 2015

780156header.jpg

Stoke City have confirmed that Peter Crouch and Glenn Whelan have extended their stays at the Britannia Stadium by a further two years.

Peter Crouch and Glenn Whelan have penned new two-year contract extensions with Premier League club Stoke City.

The duo's new terms will see them remain at the Britannia Stadium until 2017.

News of Crouch's new contract will be particularly pleasing to Stoke fans, after the striker was repeatedly linked with a move to QPR.

Stoke manager Mark Hughes told the club's official website: "We've been talking to both players for a while and it's pleasing that both want to stay and be a part of what we are striving to achieve at the club.

"They are both fantastic professionals who had contributed a great deal to Stoke City long before I joined the club and have continued to do so. I'm delighted they are staying with us for at least another couple of years."

Chief executive Tony Scholes added: "Players like Glenn and Peter are very much the backbone of our squad and we're delighted they have committed to spend at least another two years with the club.

"They have both proved to be fantastic signings for Stoke City. The experience they bring to bear on the side, both on and off the pitch, cannot be under-estimated and they still have so much to offer."

Former England international Crouch moved to Staffordshire in August 2011 and has gone on to score 28 Premier League goals for the club.

He took to Twitter to express his happiness at his new deal, posting: "Delighted to have signed an extension with @stokecity loved my time here so far looking forward to playing a part in coming years #SCFC."

Midfielder Whelan has also proved to be a valuable member of Stoke's first team since joining from Championship club Sheffield Wednesday in January 2008.

The Republic of Ireland international helped the club achieve promotion later that year, and has continued to gain regular action following Hughes' arrival as the successor to Tony Pulis.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Martinez not planning Eto´o replacement

29 January 2015

780045header.jpg

Samuel Eto'o departed Everton earlier this week, but manager Roberto Martinez has no plans to sign a replacement.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez does not expect to delve into transfer market to replace Samuel Eto'o before the window closes on Monday.

Former Cameroon international striker Eto'o arrived at Goodison Park in the close-season, but made just eight Premier League starts and subsequently joined Serie A side Sampdoria on Tuesday.

However, Martinez - who refused to say if Monaco's Dimitar Berbatov is a transfer target - believes his squad has enough cover to cope with Eto'o's departure.

"At the moment because Arouna Kone's physical condition is fully fit, he's ready to give his best to the team so I don't think we need to replace Samuel in that position," said Martinez.

"We have players who have been performing in that number 10 position, Ross Barkley, Steven Naismith and with strikers we have Romelu Lukaku and Kone so I think we're strong there."

Everton are on an eight-match winless run in all competitions, but Martinez stated that the priority is to return his current squad to full confidence rather than adding new players.

"We're not looking in this window for solutions," he added. "It is fair to say that all the work we did in the summer was to have a strong enough squad to play all the competitions.

"The task is to get all the players back in their confident mood, we haven't lost the players we had last season. We have a strong squad heading in the second half of the season.

"Saying that as a club we always try to use windows in our favour and we'll never stop trying to help the players in our club."

One particular boost for Martinez is the news that James McCarthy could be involved in Saturday's trip to Crystal Palace after a month-long absence with a hamstring injury.

And Martinez is relishing the return of the Republic of Ireland international.

"James McCarthy is a very important player, we're going to get a James McCarthy who is fully fit and refreshed for the second half of the season, it's about introducing him at the right time," he said.

"McCarthy was an important part of our season last year, he's infectious in the way he plays."

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Howard boost for Everton

28 January 2015

779680header.jpg

Tim Howard is set to return next month, with manager Roberto Martinez saying the Everton goalkeeper is ahead of schedule with his recovery.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has revealed that goalkeeper Tim Howard is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a calf injury.

The United States international has been sidelined since being replaced at half-time in the Premier League clash with Stoke City on Boxing Day.

Howard is set to return next month and Martinez on Wednesday stated that the former Manchester United keeper could be back sooner than he anticipated.

He told the club's official website: "Tim is progressing really well, better than any medical advice would think.

"We are still working within those six to eight weeks since the injury happened but he is progressing extremely well and probably a little bit ahead of what we predicted.

"We are now going to carry on treating him based on how he feels each day."

Martinez believes a trip to Qatar has proved to be beneficial for a number of players who have been in the treatment room, with James McCarthy and Sylvain Distin possibly returning for Saturday's trip to Crystal Palace.

The Spaniard said: "It was a chance to regenerate the bodies. We saw Darron Gibson adapting well with the group, as did Sylvain Distin.

"Sylvain has benefitted a lot by being able to work in the warm weather, so we expect that he will be available to make the squad for Saturday.

"James McCarthy, in the same way, put in a lot of good work and in the next 48 hours we will know whether he will available to make the Crystal Palace game. I would be positive in saying James will be back in the squad very soon.

"Leon Osman and Steven Pienaar have a little bit of a longer term of rehabilitation. They have been progressing well and working hard individually. We will see how quickly they can recover but it is a bit of a longer period for them."

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rodgers not expecting immediate Sturridge impact

29 January 2015

780200header.jpg

Daniel Sturridge has impressed Brendan Rodgers in training this week but the Liverpool boss does not expect him to make an immediate impact.

Brendan Rodgers does not expect Daniel Sturridge to be Liverpool's "saving grace" as the striker nears his long-awaited return from injury.

The England striker has not featured for the Merseyside club since August, but could play some part in Saturday's Premier League clash with West Ham after impressing manager Rodgers in training this week.

Sturridge scored 24 goals in all competitions for Liverpool last season and Rodgers' side have lacked a cutting edge in his absence.

Rodgers will assess his fitness ahead of the clash with Sam Allardyce's men at Anfield, but the Liverpool boss urged against demanding too much from the former Manchester City man.

"Since he has come back from getting treatment in America he has been very upbeat and focused now working as hard as he can," the Northern Irishman said.

"In training in the last few days he has been brilliant, back to what we've seen before - dynamic, fast and strong.

"But we have to be careful because he has been out for a long time. We can't put him under pressure and expect him to be our saving grace as soon as he gets back."

He added: "We will give him another day and I'll have a chat with him to see how he feels, but certainly he looks in top-class condition."

Rodgers also remains confident that Raheem Sterling will sign a new contract soon.

"It's all in hand with his representatives," he said. "He's happy and sees his long-term future here.

"He's a real sponge for learning, he's a young player that knows he's in the right place and I'm sure it will be sorted very soon."

Liverpool, who sit eighth, are one point and one place behind West Ham, but lost 3-1 at Upton Park in September.

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Martinez rules out panic buys

28 January 2015

779628header.jpg

Roberto Martinez believes Everton have the quality in the squad to ensure he has no need to be busy in the transfer market.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has no plans to take a "big gamble" in the transfer market this month and has ruled out signing a striker despite the departure of Samuel Eto'o.

The Merseyside club are just four points above the relegation zone in 12th place, having won only five Premier League matches this season.

Eto'o this week ended his short stay at Goodison Park by joining Sampdoria, but Martinez believes Arouna Kone can fill the void left by the former Cameroon captain's move to Italy.

The Spaniard has not ruled out delving into the transfer market before Monday's deadline, but will not sign players for the sake of it.

He told the club's official webite: "January is not the place to find solutions (in the transfer market). Our moment of form, we want to change, but the solutions are in the squad.

"There are players coming back from injury to create the competition in the squad and I don’t feel it is the window to bring solutions for us.

"With Arouna Kone being fully fit, I see him as a replacement for Samuel's position and it is more about trying to get the players back from injury.

"Steven Pienaar and Leon Osman have been two players missing throughout the season which has been disappointing because they are important in the way we want to play.

"Leon played in every single game last season and we miss what he brings. So I am looking around that.

"We are always working and if we can do something to help the players we have got at the club then we will do something. But what's clear is that January is not very straightforward.

"You never get value for money (in January), first and foremost, and you will not get players you have been following for a long time. And if you want to rely on January to find solutions for your season then it is a big gamble. But we will carry on working."

MeeSoupOzil

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Howard boost for Everton

Howard is set to return next month and Martinez on Wednesday stated that the former Manchester United keeper could be back sooner than he anticipated.
"James McCarthy, in the same way, put in a lot of good work and in the next 48 hours we will know whether he will available to make the Crystal Palace game. I would be positive in saying James will be back in the squad very soon.

"Leon Osman and Steven Pienaar have a little bit of a longer term of rehabilitation. They have been progressing well and working hard individually. We will see how quickly they can recover but it is a bit of a longer period for them."

Everton has gone downhill since the first few games at the start of this season. When their injured return they should improve but they have lost too much ground and can only hope to be 5th or 6th to qualify for Europe.

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger unlikely to risk Sanchez, could start Gabriel

30 January 2015

i

Gabriel Paulista could make his Arsenal debut on Sunday, but Alexis Sanchez is unlikely to feature due to a hamstring injury.

Alexis Sanchez is set to sit out Arsenal's Premier League clash with Aston Villa on Sunday with a hamstring problem, but new signing Gabriel Paulista is in line to make his debut.

Chile international Sanchez played the last 20 minutes of his side's 3-2 FA Cup victory at Brighton and Hove Albion last weekend, but is now unlikely to feature at home to Villa.

However, manager Arsene Wenger could hand a first start to defender Gabriel, who arrived from Villarreal this week.

"I am unlikely to risk Alexis Sanchez," said Wenger at his pre-match news conference. "Gabriel is ready to play.

"I saw great quality [in Gabriel]. His level of concentration, he's quick, has great commitment and he's young - 24 years old.

"It's a good age for a central defender."

Wenger has welcomed the added competition for places and says reputation counts for nothing in his team selection.

"We are in a job where competition exists," he continued. "The best player of the moment plays."

Danny Welbeck is nearing a return from his thigh injury, although Sunday's match could come too soon, while Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remain sidelined.

Wilsher is recovering quicker than expected from an ankle injury, with Wenger revealing the midfielder is a week ahead of schedule, but Oxlade-Chamberlain (groin) is not expected to feature in Arsenal's next two matches.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cork seals Swansea switch

30 January 2015

780888header.jpg

Midfielder Jack Cork has completed his move from Southampton to Premier League rivals Swansea City.

Jack Cork has completed his move to Swansea City from Southampton after agreeing terms on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Swansea manager Garry Monk said in a press conference on Friday that Cork's switch to the Liberty Stadium was imminent, and the news was confirmed later that same day.

Southampton host Swansea in the Premier League on Sunday, but Cork will not be able to face his former club, as the deal was finalised after the 12pm deadline.

"I said before the club offered him a contract but his feeling was not good to stay more time in the club because he likes to play more games," said Southampton boss Ronald Koeman.

"I can't guarantee players that because we have tough competition between our midfield players. Harry Reed is developing in a very good way; it's always up to the player."

Cork has found first-team opportunities hard to come by at St Mary's this season, with just five Premier League starts to his name in 2014-15.

The 25-year-old has fallen behind the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama in the pecking order, while the likes of academy graduate Harrison Reed also provided competition.

As he is unavailable on Sunday, Cork could be in line to make his debut at home to Sunderland on February 7.

Fellaini

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Carrick to miss four weeks

30 January 2015

780718header.jpg

Michael Carrick is set for at least four weeks out after Manchester United confirmed the midfielder had sustained a muscle rupture.

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has been ruled out for at least four weeks with a muscle rupture.

The 33-year-old is set to miss matches against Leicester City, Cambridge United, West Ham, Burnley, Swansea City and Sunderland after suffering a second injury setback this season.

Carrick missed the opening weeks of the campaign with an ankle problem, but returned to nail down a regular starting role under manager Louis van Gaal.

Ashley Young is nearing a return from his hamstring injury, yett Van Gaal was left to bemoan the absence of Carrick on Friday.

"Ashley Young is coming back, but Michael Carrick has been injured now so he is out at the weekend," Van Gaal told MUTV. "He can be important for the team but he is now injured.

"I think it shall take more than four weeks, so it is not a minor injury but a muscle rupture, I think.

"He is also the second captain but I have to say that’s part of the job of a manager, especially this season at Manchester United, because we have suffered a lot of injuries.

"But now we have seen [the light at] the end of the tunnel."

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Villa confirm Sinclair loan

30 January 2015

780660header.jpg

Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair has joined Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season.

Aston Villa have announced the signing of Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair on loan until the end of the season.

Sinclair has struggled for game time since leaving Swansea City for the Etihad Stadium in 2012 - making just 12 Premier League appearances for the club - and was afforded just eight top-flight outings during a loan at Villa's Midlands rivals West Brom.

However, 25-year-old Sinclair remains confident that his "best years" are ahead of him at Villa, who have an option to make his move permanent.

"It feels great to be here and the deal is finally done," said Sinclair. "It's taken a few weeks but I'm happy to be here, to be in the building and to be signing for the club and ready to play some football.

"It's nice to be able to get settled somewhere and be a part of something going forward.

"I spoke to the manager, Paul Lambert, and he gave me his views on what he wants from me here at Villa. I am still hungry to play football, that's what I told him, and I'm looking forwarding to getting started, hopefully playing every week and enjoying my football.

"I believe I have my best years ahead of me. This is a new challenge, a new chapter in my life, and hopefully I can settle in as quickly as possible, have a good start and go from there."

Lambert added: "I knew a lot about Scott from his time at Swansea, where he was excellent at Championship level and then was outstanding in their first season in the Premier League," added Lambert.

"He got a great move to Manchester City, where it didn't work out as well as he probably would have wanted, but it's up to us now to get the best out of him.

"He's got great ability and I'm looking forward to working with him. His goal record for a winger while he was at Swansea was excellent so he can add goals to the side, and he's got great pace as everyone knows about."

Sinclair's Villa switch represents the eighth loan spell of his career.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hull agree fee for N´Doye

30 January 2015

780638header.jpg

Dame N'Doye looks to be on his way to Hull City after the club agreed a fee with Lokomotiv Moscow.

Hull City have agreed a fee - thought to be around £3million - for Lokomotiv Moscow striker Dame N'Doye.

The KC Stadium outfit have been in desperate need of cover following injuries to both Nikica Jelavic (knee) and Abel Hernandez (groin).

Both frontmen came off during Hull's 1-0 defeat to West Brom earlier this month, although they are thought to be close to a return to first-team action.

Nevertheless, Bruce has moved to add to his attacking ranks, agreeing a deal to sign Senegal international N'Doye on Thursday.

"We agreed a deal yesterday between the two clubs, which we're pleased about, but there's still a lot to do, a lot," he said.

"The boy has been away at the African Nations. Logistically he's just left Africa and there's medicals and the rest of it, like personal terms, to be done by Monday. It's going to be difficult."

Bruce, who has been linked with a loan move for Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, also revealed he was in negotiations with another top-flight side.

"We're working on a loan deal with a Premier League club, but I wouldn't think it was going to get done before tomorrow," he added.

Hull City host Newcastle United on Saturday.

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Injury blow for Southampton striker Long

30 January 2015

780855header.jpg

Shane Long could be out for a month with fractured ribs, while his Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is chasing two transfer targets

Southampton striker Shane Long is facing up to a month on the sidelines after suffering fractured ribs.

The Republic of Ireland international sustained the injury after being introduced as a second-half substitute during last weekend's 3-2 FA Cup fourth-round defeat to Crystal Palace.

Long netted the winner against Ipswich Town in the previous round - his fourth goal in Southampton colours since his move from Hull City in August.

"Shane is out for three to four weeks more because he has fractured one of his ribs and it’s very painful, that’s a shame," manager Ronald Koeman confirmed at a press conference ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash with Swansea City.

Long's absence and Jack Cork's expected switch to Swansea means Koeman is keen to be active in the transfer market before Monday's deadline and he has Tonny Vilhena and Filip Djuricic in his sights.

Vilhena is a holding midfielder and would be a direct replacement for Cork. The 20-year-old played under Koeman at Feyenoord, where his former boss suggested he is unsettled.

Djuricic, a 23-year-old attacking midfielder and Serbia international, is presently on loan at Bundesliga outfit Mainz from Benfica.

"There’s a good chance that one of the two players, and maybe both players [join Southampton]," Koeman said.

"We are interested in [Vilhena] because that player is not happy in Feyenoord. He likes to play more and is interested in changing the club.

"I like the player, I believe in the qualities of the player, he's a young player who is 20 years old.

"It's one of the philosophies of the club to have young players and if I can help the player I like to do it."

On Djuricic, he added: "I am interested in the player, it's a good young player who can play in different positions but I don't have any update at this moment."

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huth suspended for two matches over tweets

30 January 2015

780830header.jpg

The Football Association has handed Stoke City defender Robert Huth a two-match ban over his conduct on social media.

Robert Huth has been suspended for two matches by the Football Association (FA) following tweets sent by the Stoke City defender earlier this month.

The German centre-back, who will also pay a £15,000 fine and attend an educational course, responded to tweets sent from an account which posts sexual images and invites users to guess the gender of individuals in the pictures.

Huth deleted the tweets and later issued an apology for any offence caused by his actions.

He tweeted: "Clearly no offence was meant or directed to anyone, but apologies if I've offended anyone."

However, Huth will now serve a suspension after the former Chelsea man admitted a charge over his use of social media.

A statement on the governing body's official website said: "Robert Huth will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after he admitted breaching FA Rules in relation to comments he made on social media,

"The Stoke City defender was charged in relation to comments which were indecent and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute, contrary to FA Rule E3(1).

"Further to this, it was considered an 'Aggravated Breach' as defined in Rule E3(2), as it included a reference to gender and/or gender reassignment.

"Huth was also fined £15,000 and ordered to complete a mandatory education course."

The news comes on the same day Stoke boss Mark Hughes appeared to open the door for Huth to join Leicester City on loan.

"Robert indicated that he wanted to play and the likelihood of him playing here in the coming weeks was probably low," he said. "We both agreed that he needed games so it is an opportunity for him.

"We would probably have preferred a Championship club because we would have had a recall clause, but it's a good opportunity for him to get back to playing some Premier League football."

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sensible thing to do . Sanchez has been overused and there is risk of long term injury to him if he continues to push his body so hard every week.

Wenger unlikely to risk Sanchez, could start Gabriel

Gabriel Paulista could make his Arsenal debut on Sunday, but Alexis Sanchez is unlikely to feature due to a hamstring injury.

Alexis Sanchez is set to sit out Arsenal's Premier League clash with Aston Villa on Sunday with a hamstring problem, but new signing Gabriel Paulista is in line to make his debut.

"I am unlikely to risk Alexis Sanchez," said Wenger at his pre-match news conference. "Gabriel is ready to play.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

885132_thumb.jpg

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Silva salvages a point for the champions
Manuel Pellegrini had the Spaniard to thank for pulling his side back into it after cancelling out Loic Remy's opener as Frank Lampard made an emotional return to Stamford Bridge

884682_thumb.jpg

Sunderland 2-0 Burnley: Defoe opens account in much-needed win
The Black Cats ended a three-game losing streak thanks to the January signing's first goal for the club and Connor Wickham's earlier strike

884542_thumb.jpg

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham: Sturridge scores on his return
The striker has been out of action for five months, but showed no signs of rustiness with an emphatic finish following Raheem Sterling's earlier strike

884042_thumb.jpg

Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Falcao & Van Persie on target
Louis van Gaal & Co. banished memories of September's shock 5-3 loss to the newly promoted side with an efficient first-half display at Old Trafford

883912_thumb.jpg

Stoke City 3-1 QPR: Walters hat-trick piles pressure on Redknapp
Pressure continues to mount on Rangers and Mark Hughes' men showed no sympathy as the striker struck thrice to make it 11 attempts without an away victory for the Londoners

884212_thumb.jpg

Crystal Palace 0–1 Everton: Lukaku punctures Pardew’s momentum
Roberto Martinez' side ground out an invaluable victory at Selhurst Park as the Belgian striker notched a fortuitous goal to derail the Eagles' fine run under new boss

884252_thumb.jpg

West Brom 0-3 Tottenham: Kane double boosts Spurs
The England hopeful netted twice, while Christian Eriksen continued his excellent dead-ball technique, as Mauricio Pochettino's side cruised to an easy victory at the Hawthorns