• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini takes swipe at Mourinho: Teams should play attractive football

manuelpellegrini-cropped_av0keww6n7vn1g7rvp0qish9r.jpg

By Alex Young
May 3, 2015 21:10:00

The Chilean has pointed out that Manchester City scored 101 goals in winning the Premier League last year, an apparent dig at the fact that Chelsea have netted just 69 this term

Manuel Pellegrini has aimed a veiled jibe at Jose Mourinho, insisting it is important for successful clubs to play attractive football.

Chelsea secured the Premier League title on Sunday, dethroning Manchester City, with a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace, but have recently come in for criticism for their 'boring' approach.

Manchester United were beaten by a Blues side boasting just 29.7 per cent possession before a goalless stalemate halted in-form Arsenal, with Mourinho’s players celebrating wildly at the final whistle.

"It's important for the Premier League and for the fans to play attractive football," Pellegrini told reporters. "Last season we scored 158 goals, 101 in the league and that style is important to try to continue."

Pellegrini was speaking after seeing his side defeat Tottenham 1-0 at White Hart Lane - a result which all but secured City's place in next season's Champions League - though they trail winners Chelsea by 13 points, having relinquished their title.

He added: "I'm not thinking about the gap. Chelsea this year did exactly what we did last year - they won the Premier League and League Cup. We did exactly the same last year scoring more goals in another style.

"Every year you have five important teams and all of them can win the title. I hope we will continue as we did the last four years - in two seasons we won two titles and in the other two we got second place.

"It's important for this club to try to improve but we can’t always beat the other important teams - United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

"At the end of the season we will analyse what we can improve and we hope we are again involved in the fight for the title."

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Henderson: Liverpool can push on without Gerrard

4 May 2015

838730header.jpg

Steven Gerrard's departure for LA Galaxy will be a "big loss" to Liverpool, but Jordan Henderson reckons the side can improve in the captain's absence.

Gerrard scored the winner against QPR on Saturday, having missed a penalty in what looks set to be his penultimate Anfield appearance.

It kept alive Liverpool's top-four hopes and UEFA Champions League football is what is expected on Merseyside, with Henderson believing a bright future is in store for the club - even if their long-serving talisman is heading to America.

"He will be a big loss to the team," Henderson, who is favourite to succeed Gerrard as skipper, told the Liverpool Echo. "Stevie is our leader and a big influence on games for us, so you will miss big players like that.

"But at the same time we have to move on when he does go and I think we have got the players who can improve and push on have a really good go next season."

Gerrard's tame spot-kick was easily saved by Rob Green, but the former England midfielder nodded in fellow goalscorer Philippe Coutinho's corner three minutes from time to seal a 2-1 victory.

Henderson added: "It was typical Stevie.

"He will be disappointed with the penalty, but he erased it very quickly, got on with the game and came up with the winner.

"I was pleased for him because I am sure he wouldn’t have been able to get that out of his mind all night.

"That just shows his character. Sometimes that can affect people but he gets on with it right to the end and he came up with the winner right at the end which was fantastic."

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parry: Anfield expansion a major boost

4 May 2015

838771header.jpg

The long-awaited expansion of Anfield represents a "big step in the right direction" for Liverpool in terms of levelling the playing field with their Premier League rivals commercially, former chief executive officer Rick Parry believes.

Work has started to increase Anfield's capacity from just over 45,500 to 54,000 ahead of the 2016-17 season after Liverpool finally cleared the many hurdles preventing them making their famous stadium larger.

Parry knows the frustrations the club have faced in attempting to either build a new stadium or renovate Anfield better than most, having served as the club's CEO for 11 years between 1998 and 2009.

And Parry feels the club will be able to challenge the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal off the pitch once the expansion is complete.

"It'll be a big step in the right direction, clearly," he told Perform at the Sporting Directors' Summit at the Etihad Stadium.

"It is very important that we have Financial Fair Play in the Premier League as well as in Europe because you have to operate within your revenue stream [and Liverpool's will increase].

"We worked on it for 10 years, but [it was not possible] for a whole variety of reasons, so it's great to see it happening."

Liverpool look set to miss out on next season's UEFA Champions League after a disappointing campaign and Parry underlined how much of a financial blow their likely absence represents.

"It will have a substantial impact on the revenue - you're probably talking £30million depending on how far you progress," the ex-Premier League chief executive added.

"A club like Liverpool needs to be there consistently. You don't want to be in there for a season and then out the next year.

"It's about being able to get there and then keep your place in the top four."

When asked how times have changed in the Premier League since he left Anfield six years ago, Parry said Liverpool's challenge of being a constant presence in the top four is now more difficult.

"It's different now because we had Chelsea to compete with and [Roman] Abramovich's billions," he continued.

"Now you've got Manchester City with very, very wealthy backers, you've got Manchester United and Arsenal who are hugely successful commercially, so it's tougher now than it's ever been, which is why the stadium expansion is all the more important."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Terry takes swipe at Benitez after title triumph

1295922_heroa.jpg

By Jay Jaffa
May 3, 2015 15:38:00

The Napoli boss once said that the centre-back could no longer play regularly and maintain his level - but the 34-year-old feels he has proved him wrong

Chelsea captain John Terry has hit out at former Blues manager Rafa Benitez in the wake of the club's Premier League title win.

Eden Hazard's goal gave Jose Mourinho's side a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Sunday and secured the title with three games remaining.

Terry has been an ever-present in the Premier League this campaign, and has featured in 45 games for the Blues in all competitions. It is a stark contrast to his year under Benitez, in which he played only 28 games for Chelsea.

Referencing a comment the Spaniard made during his time at Stamford Bridge in 2013, Terry said: "We worked so hard to get here. to get over the line was a tough match but bottom line is we’re champions.

"One person said I couldn't play twice in a week and knows who he is. Not only have I proved everyone wrong I’m still fighting, still feeling great - more importantly I’ve got great players and great management around me.

"This is what I live for, I was a ballboy, mascot, I’ve played in the stadium, I’ve done everything. To be here and give the fans something...

"The first one was very special obviously but when you wait five years without winning it and you see teams [win it] and you’ve grafted it really hurts, so we’re going to enjoy today."
GOALIN PICTURES Click here for Goal's recap of how Chelsea marched to the title

Benitez, now at Napoli and formerly of Liverpool, warned Terry at the end of the 2012-13 season: "With his age, he has more experience and his understanding of the game will be better but you have people coming who will be faster and they will be stronger.

"But still he has a lot of ability and he can do well. But it will not be two games a week, carrying on playing, because you have more competition [in the squad].

"And this is the main thing: if you play two games a week it’s not easy to keep at the level. In a normal team, fine. But in a top side where you have to win every game, it’s not easy."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pardew: This is why Mourinho earns so much money

1329542_heroa.jpg

By Tom Beck
May 3, 2015 18:44:00

The Crystal Palace boss congratulated the Portuguese after Chelsea sealed their first Premier League title in five years with a narrow victory at Stamford Bridge

Alan Pardew praised Jose Mourinho after Chelsea sealed their fourth Premier League title with a 1-0 over Crystal Palace.

Eden Hazard scored the game's only goal after he headed in from close range after his penalty was initially saved by Julian Speroni in a subdued and nervy affair at Stamford Bridge.

Pardew congratulated Chelsea on their perfomance on the day and referred to recent criticism of the Blues supposed 'boring' recent approach by insisting Mourinho just knows what he needs to do to win silverware.

"They've had two defeats this year and that says it all. I don't think anyone moaned about their play in the first half of the season," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"Sometimes fantasy and flair go out of the way to win and they've done that in the second half of the season. That's why this guy [Mourinho] earns so much money, to win trophies.

"It will have to be a very good side to top this team next year. I'm sure Jose will add more depth in the summer as well.

"They are difficult when they take the lead, especially here. They kept the ball, frustrated us. That's what champions do - they don't let you back in once they take the lead."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger: Arsenal don’t need big changes this summer

arsene-wenger-laughing-fc-arsenal-20042014_12irxnx5g9c6p1sowcklrwb9pr.jpg

By Gill Clark
May 4, 2015 12:18:00

The manager says the recent form of Mesut Ozil and David Ospina - plus the imminent return of Lukas Podolski, Joel Campell & Yaya Sanogo - proves their strength

Arsene Wenger does not believe that Arsenal need big changes this summer as his players have proved this season that the Gunners have a strong squad.

The north Londoners take on Hull City on Monday having lost just once in their last 13 games, a run that has seen them surge into third place in the Premier League and secure an FA Cup final spot.

Summer signing Alexis Sanchez has been key to Arsenal's form this season, top-scoring with 22 goals so far, while Mesut Ozil's return from injury has also given the Gunners a boost.

Indeed, when asked by reporters how his side's recent form had changed his plans with regards summer transfer activity, Wenger replied: "Massive changes.

"Massive because I believe that some players who were questioned, like Mesut Ozil, have made big improvements in the second part of the season and becomes slowly the leader you want him to be in guiding our game.

"We are not in need of absolute change. We have a strong squad. We have some strong young players behind.

"We have a big squad now - Lukas Podolski, Joel Campbell, Yaya Sanogo [all on loan] will come back. If you add that to the number of players [we already have]."

Arsenal have been linked with a move for Petr Cech in recent weeks but Wenger insists that he is happy with the goalkeeping options currently at his disposal.

"I believe in the keepers I have. I believe that Wojciech Szczesny is a very good goalkeeper and David Ospina has come in and done a fantastic job," he enthused.

"You look at the numbers in the Premier League and you look at who is top of all the goalkeepers, and you will see it's Ospina."

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini silent over Manchester City future

manuelpellegrini-cropped_av0keww6n7vn1g7rvp0qish9r.jpg

By Peter Thompson
May 4, 2015 00:13:00

The Citizens manager avoided the topic of his future following his side's 1-0 win at White Hart Lane on Sunday after Chelsea lifted the title earlier in the day

Manuel Pellegrini refused to discuss his future after Manchester City's victory over Tottenham before aiming apparent criticsm at newly crowned Premier League champions Chelsea.

The Blues sealed the title with three games remaining after beating Crystal Palace 1-0 at Stamford Bridge as City reacted to being dethroned by beating Spurs by the same scoreline later on Sunday.

Pellegrini has overseen a trophyless season following last year's domestic triumph and his team now sit 13 points adrift of Jose Mourinho's side, leading to speculation over his job security.

And, when asked if he will still be in charge at the Etihad Stadium next season, the Chilean told the BBC: "I'm not going to answer that question.

"I said before we were going to see a beautiful game because both teams play offensive football so I expect the fans enjoyed the game. It was a close game and Sergio scored a great goal. I am happy about that.

"You must remember against Tottenham that Chelsea conceded five goals, we have a clean sheet. Tottenham create chances with offensive players, but I think we have as many chances as Tottenham.

"We have to finish the season now and then we will analyse it. I think it's important to finish as near the top as possible and see where we need to improve.

"Maybe Chelsea are more consistent this year and they won the league but we scored more when we did it."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jones ready for United return

5 May 2015

839479header.jpg

Phil Jones is itching to feature in Manchester United's final three Premier League matches after playing over an hour in an Under-21s fixture on Monday.

The defender has not made a first-team appearance since the 4-2 derby victory over Manchester City last month due to an ankle injury, and was an unused substitute in Saturday's 1-0 defeat against West Brom at Old Trafford.

The England international subsequently played 62 minutes as United's Under-21s beat Southampton 1-0 and is hoping to be involved with the first team at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

"I'm happy to play in the Under-21s and get some fitness," Jones told United's official website.

"The lads did well. I feel I'm ready to go again and hopefully I can make the squad on Saturday. Hopefully, I'll recover on Tuesday, then train on Wednesday and Thursday, and see how it goes. I'll take it from there.

"We have got a long way to go as there are still three games coming up, three massive games, and we have got to approach it in the right way. I'm sure we can do that and cement that top-four finish."

United have lost three straight Premier League matches, but are four points clear of fifth-placed Liverpool with three games to go.

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote still keen on Arsenal takeover

aliko-dangote_nvm8lc3tkeno1q3rhqgrt08bg.jpg

By Chris Davie
May 5, 2015 08:45:00

The 58-year-old, Africa's richest man, failed in a bid to buy the Gunners in 2010 and says that he will concentrate on his own business before submitting a new offer

African billionaire Aliko Dangote says he is still keen on buying Arsenal.

The 58-year-old Nigerian, who is worth over an estimated €13.5 billion - which makes him Africa's richest man - explored the possibility of purchasing the club in 2010, but his approach was rejected.

"I still hope, one day at the right price, that I'll buy the team," Dangote told Bloomberg Business. "I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won't want to resist. I know my strategy."

Dangote, who has made his fortune through various operations including cement manufacturing, sugar supply and oil investments, says that he will concentrate on expanding his own business before launching a new offer for Arsenal.

“We have $16bn-worth [€14bn] of investments in the next few years. Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe an offer will follow," he continued.

Dangote is an Arsenal fan but has criticised Arsene Wenger, claiming that the 65-year-old "needs to change his style a bit" and warning that the club "need new direction".

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anfield expansion will help Liverpool catch up with Premier League's best - Rick Parry

anfield-liverpool-vs-manchester-united_p0yvhf75p4f51uly22kx03g6t.jpg

By Sam Williams
May 4, 2015 21:53:00

The Reds' plans to increase the capacity of their stadium to 54,000 will help them close the commercial gap with some of their rivals, according to the club's former CEO

The long-awaited expansion of Anfield represents a "big step in the right direction" for Liverpool in terms of levelling the commercial playing field with their Premier League rivals, former CEO Rick Parry believes.

Work has begun to increase Anfield's capacity from just over 45,500 to 54,000 ahead of the 2016-17 season after Liverpool finally cleared the many hurdles preventing them from increasing the size of their stadium.

Parry is all too aware of the frustrations the club have faced in attempting to either build a new ground or renovate Anfield, having served as chief executive for 11 years between 1998 and 2009.

But Parry now feels that the club will be able to challenge the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal off the pitch once the expansion is complete.

"It'll be a big step in the right direction, clearly," he told Perform at the Sporting Directors' Summit at the Etihad Stadium.

"It is very important that we have Financial Fair Play in the Premier League as well as in Europe because you have to operate within your revenue stream and Liverpool's will increase.

"We worked on it for 10 years, but it was not possible for a whole variety of reasons, so it's great to see it happening."

Liverpool look set to miss out on next season's Champions League after a disappointing campaign and Parry underlined how much of a financial blow their likely absence represents.

"It will have a substantial impact on the revenue - you're probably talking £30 million depending on how far you progress," the ex-Premier League chief executive added.

"A club like Liverpool needs to be there consistently. You don't want to be in there for a season and then out the next year.

"It's about being able to get there and then keep your place in the top four."

When asked how times have changed in the Premier League since he left Anfield six years ago, Parry said Liverpool's challenge of being a constant presence in the top four is now more difficult.

"It's different now because we had Chelsea to compete with and [Roman] Abramovich's billions," he continued.

"Now you've got Manchester City with very, very wealthy backers, you've got Manchester United and Arsenal who are hugely successful commercially, so it's tougher now than it's ever been, which is why the stadium expansion is all the more important."

Ramsey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Carver gets Newcastle backing

4 May 2015

838883header.jpg

John Carver looks set remain in charge of Newcastle United until the end of the season despite a run of eight successive Premier League defeats, with the club issuing a statement of support for the under-fire head coach.

Newcastle slumped to just two points above the relegation zone after Saturday's 3-0 loss to fellow strugglers Leicester City, as speculation over Carver's future intensified.

However, the club moved to quash rumours of the 50-year-old's departure on Monday, saying the focus is on securing top-flight safety.

"Following the result at Leicester City on Saturday, there has been two days of frank dialogue with John Carver and senior players," a statement read.

"The outcome of those discussions is that the board, John Carver, his staff and players are absolutely focused on our current situation and the three hugely important fixtures that remain this season, two of which are at St. James' Park.

"All parties accept responsibility for the current situation but are determined, together, to ensure this club - your club - retains its Premier League status.

"That is the only focus at this time."

Newcastle's season has been blighted by problems on and off the pitch with regular protests against owner Mike Ashley, and even boycotts by some sections of their supporters.

Carver stepped into the top job in January after Alan Pardew's departure to Crystal Palace, but has struggled under the pressure and clashed with some home fans after the defeat to Swansea City on April 25.

Only two wins have come under his stewardship – against Hull City and Aston Villa – and with nine points from a possible 51 the club have tumbled down the table.

Reports had suggested Derby County boss Steve McClaren could replace Carver until the end of the season, but Newcastle look to have entrusted the current incumbent to see them to safety.

Newcastle host West Brom on Saturday before a crucial relegation battle with QPR at Loftus Road, while they finish the campaign at home to West Ham on May 24.

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ramires recovering well after sickness

4 May 2015

838977header.jpg

Chelsea midfielder Ramires has played down fears over his wellbeing after sickness forced him to miss Sunday's 1-0 win over Crystal Palace.

The victory ensured Jose Mourinho's side of the Premier League title but it was soured somewhat for Ramires who was forced to miss the game and the post-match celebrations.

However, the Brazilian stated he was on the end mend following a "renal complication" amid reports that suggested he was suffering with kidney stones.

"As you saw, I was very sick yesterday minutes before the match because of a renal complication, but I'm well and home with my family," he wrote in a post in Instagram.

"Thank God it was nothing serious and I will be fully recovered in a few weeks. Thank you to all that sent me messages and were with me. I would like to thank the Chelsea's medical team for the exceptional job.

"I was sad not to be part of the party on the pitch, but very pleased with the title, the only English title I had left to concur. Congratulations Chelsea!"

Ospina

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bruce backing Hull to respond against Burnley

4 May 2015

839167header.jpg

Steve Bruce backed his Hull City side to respond to a "difficult night" against Arsenal by beating fellow Premier League strugglers Burnley on Saturday.

Alexis Sanchez scored either side of an Aaron Ramsey goal as in-form Arsenal raced to a three-goal lead in the first half at the KC Stadium on Monday.

Stephen Quinn pulled a goal back with his first in the top flight for Hull, but the damage had already been done as Arsenal won 3-1.

Defeat for Hull saw them slip a place to 17th and they are just a point better off than third-bottom Sunderland with three games remaining.

The first of those matches is a crunch clash with Sean Dyche's bottom-of-the-table side and Bruce believes his players are capable of securing three precious points after their two-game winning run came to an end.

He told Sky Sports: "We played against a very, very good team. When you are playing against them you need the bounce of the ball and we didn't get that with two deflections for their first two goals.

"When you're trying to chase it with the ability Arsenal have got, it is difficult.

"What you wanted to do in the second half is make sure it's not one of those horrible evenings.

"The one thing you've got to do is respond, because it was a difficult night. We've got to dust ourselves down and get ready for the next three games.

"We've still got it all to do, but I'm sure I've got enough with the players I've got in there. We can respond and get a result at the weekend in a massive game."

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hazard can be as good as Messi, Ronaldo - Fabregas

5 May 2015

839216header.jpg

Chelsea star Eden Hazard can be as good as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, according to midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

But Fabregas has challenged the Belgium international to step up in the UEFA Champions League as the Premier League champions chase European glory next season.

Hazard was named the PFA Player of the Year in 2014-15, and has 14 goals and eight assists to his name in the league this season.

Fabregas believes the 24-year-old Belgium international can reach the levels of Messi and Ronaldo.

"He can be one of those, for sure. He can be up there for sure. He's had a fantastic season, I just want for him to do it again next year and to be even better," the Spaniard said.

"He's the main guy. In my mind he is the guy that makes this team better than it is.

"Next year he has to prove himself in the Champions League as well because he is capable of that, and I am sure he will give many big nights of glory to this club."

Fabregas was also full of praise for Jose Mourinho, who he said had "some edge" that other managers did not.

"He just loves winning," he said.

"I'm not saying other managers I have played under don't but he has some edge that goes above anyone else I have ever been with.

"The mentality shows in every single training session, every game. I now understand why he has won what he has in his career."

Chelsea made a disappointing round-of-16 exit in the UEFA Champions League, but Fabregas still believes they can be one of Europe's best.

"On Monday I will be 28, so I am more at the top than the middle [of the age range]," he said.

"But I have always said since the beginning of the season that it is a very young, talented team. That is one of the causes that made me sign for the club, that potentially this team can be one of the best in Europe."

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arsenal need to finish season strongly - Wenger

5 May 2015

839300header.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says his side must look to finish their campaign on a high if they are to stand any chance of competing for Premier League honours next season.

The Frenchman saw Arsenal ease past Hull City 3-1 on Monday to draw level with Manchester City in second, having played one fewer game than Manuel Pellegrini's team.

Ahead of their four remaining league matches and an FA Cup final appearance against Aston Villa, Wenger challenged Arsenal to finish with a flourish.

"We need to continue to win our games like we're doing now," he told reporters.

"I'm not a prophet, nobody knows how strong the team will be at the start of the season. What's important is that you go out of the season by thinking we have made progress, we have moved forward and that the confidence is high.

"We need to start strongly again next year. Who will be there fighting for the championship next season? It's difficult to know.

"The target is always quality. We work very hard to get the quality of our game very high and I do not see myself telling the team that we don't want quality.

"It can happen that you play well and don't win the games but after 38 games the quality always dictates the result. Not always but most of the time."

Wenger introduced Jack Wilshere off the bench during the second half at the KC Stadium, the England man making his first appearance since late November following an ankle injury.

"I'm not surprised how he played," Wenger added.

"If I had any doubt I would not have brought him on. I said in the press conference on Friday that it’s the first week where he has found his acceleration in training. You could see that.

"We still have to be patient. He has been out for five-and-a-half months."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Terry calls for new Drogba deal

5 May 2015

839272header.jpg

Chelsea captain John Terry has urged the club's board to hand striker Didier Drogba fresh terms following their Premier League triumph.

The Ivorian has had to be content with a bit-part role since his return to Stamford Bridge in the close-season, thanks largely to the form of Diego Costa during his first campaign in England.

However, long-serving skipper Terry - who signed a new deal in March - is hopeful Chelsea can keep hold of Drogba, with the 37-year-old's current contract set to expire at the end of the season.

"He's been great, because he's had to be patient," Terry told reporters.

"Ideally he would have liked a bit more game-time. But Diego Costa hit the ground running, scoring a lot of goals.

"Didier's experience [is beneficial] and the way he speaks before the games and after defeats when you're down and you need an old head to help.

"At times we've been worried after defeats and he's said that it happens and we'll bounce back and be alright. When you hear that from someone like him, everyone takes it on board.

"Let's hope he’s in the camp next season. He's got a massive part to play on and off the field.

"He's shown that on the field but off the field he really has got a massive part to play."

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Terry: Too long between titles

5 May 2015

839221header.jpg

Chelsea captain John Terry feared his 2010 Premier League title would be his last with the newly crowned champions.

Jose Mourinho's men sealed the 2014-15 title after a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

It marked the club's fifth league title and first since 2010, one Terry felt could be his last.

"It's been five years since the last title - too long," he said.

"When you're seeing other teams win it when you're pushing them right to the end, like we did last year... well, at times I did wonder whether that one in 2010 would be my last one.

"It's felt like a long time watching other teams do it. Manchester City came in and dominated for a couple of years, as well, and that's hard to take when you've won it before and don't for a while."

Terry believes Chelsea can achieve even more, but is unsure how long he will remain part of the group.

The 34-year-old said he would know when it was time to call it quits.

"There will come a point when enough's enough but I'll know when that is and I'll be the first to say: 'Listen, I can't do this no more,'" Terry said.

"I know there will be a point when that's it. The players are getting quicker and stronger. The ability out there is phenomenal.

"The last thing I want to do is go out there and get embarrassed every week. It will be for me to say and I'll make sure I'm ahead of everyone else."

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Burnley appeal Duff dismissal

5 May 2015

839322header.jpg

Burnley have appealed for the red card given to Michael Duff in Saturday's 1-0 defeat at West Ham.

Duff was sent off by referee Jonathan Moss after 23 minutes at Upton Park for clumsily bringing down Cheikhou Kouyate in a crowded penalty area.

Mark Noble scored from the spot to condemn Burnley to a defeat that leaves them on the brink of relegation from the Premier League, sitting eight points adrift of safety with three games to go.

Both Burnley manager Sean Dyche and West Ham boss Sam Allardyce agreed that the decision was harsh, given players appeared to be covering Duff.

And Burnley have submitted a formal appeal before Tuesday's 13:00BST deadline in hope of Duff being allowed to feature in this weekend's clash with Hull City.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester United target Clyne: I'm happy to stay at Southampton

nathaniel-clyne-southampton-premier-league-210315_18bmovpa449491uniu9awp93ve.jpg

By Tom Maston
May 5, 2015 19:09:00

The England international has been made a primary transfer target by the Old Trafford outfit but his agent is negotiating a new contract with the south coast club

Nathaniel Clyne insists he is happy to stay at Southampton despite interest from Manchester United.

Goal understands the Red Devils have made Clyne one of their primary summer transfer targets, with the Old Trafford outfit willing to offer Javier Hernandez in part-exchange for the £25 million-rated (€34m) full-back.

But Clyne, whose agent is in talks with Southampton over a new contract, could still remain at St Mary's this summer.

"I’m enjoying my football for Southampton, playing week-in, week-out and it’s an up-and-coming club, so, yeah, I’m happy playing for Southampton and happy to stay at Southampton as well," he told the Southern Daily Echo.

Clyne's current contract runs until the end of next season, though Koeman revealed last week that the player had just 10 days to decide whether he would commit to a new deal with the Saints.

The former Crystal Palace man explained that talks are ongoing as he focuses on helping the club finish the season on a positive note.

He added: "My agent is negotiating, so I’ll just leave it with my agent and I’m just going to concentrate on playing my football."

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

My future is at Chelsea - Azpilicueta

cesar-azpilicueta-chelsea_a41q62cvxlv5180aplbkyolxk.jpg

By Greg Lea
May 5, 2015 12:30:00

The Spanish defender has pledged his future to the Blues after they won the Premier League on Sunday and says working with Jose Mourinho has made him grow

Cesar Azpilicueta has praised Jose Mourinho and committed his future to the club after Chelsea became Premier League champions on Sunday.

The Blues' 1-0 defeat of Crystal Palace wrapped up their first title in five seasons, with Azpilicueta a key part of the team's success, and the Spanish full-back is delighted.

"This is so great," Azpilicueta told RMC, "but it was so long that it was very difficult to win the championship. But we have worked hard to be crowned.

"I am happy because, when I came here three years ago, I did not play a lot, there was a lot of competition, but I worked hard and won the title, that was my goal.

"Mourinho asks a lot of the players. It's a new challenge every day, you have to be ready to fight, but Mourinho made me grow. I have made a lot of progress with him. It's the most important thing to learn with a man like him."

Azpilicueta has made 136 appeareances for Chelsea since joining from Marseille in 2012. The 25-year-old's contract in west London runs until 2019 and he has no intention of playing anywhere else.

"I do not think about anything other than staying at Chelsea," he declared. "I do not think about Spain. I'm in the best team in England.

"At Chelsea, we have perhaps one of the future top players of the world in Eden Hazard. This year he had a great season; he deserved to be the best player in the Premier League.

"There has been much criticism but we scored a lot of goals, we are the [second-best] attack of the championship. That means we have an offensive game but sometimes you have to know when to defend."