• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newer, Cleaner, Safer public transport for Singaporeans

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I almost want to cry reading this, at least there is a responsible corporation in Singapore not concern about profits only rather its more concern about the safety, comfort and reliability to bring Singaporeans closer to each other. Note the amount invested on Singaporeans is no small matter and also note this is no low quality stuff, its all European buses and conforming to standards making the Singapore and the world a greener place, such responsible corporation is a model for all to follow.

SBS Transit's bus fleet to be replaced by 2017

Published on Jul 1, 2014 11:21 AM
By Christopher Tan

SBS-01072014e.jpg

SINGAPORE - Transport operator SBS Transit's billion-dollar programme to renew and expand its bus fleet is scheduled to be completed in three years' time, the publicly-listed company announced on Tuesday.

Said its chief executive, Gan Juay Kiat: "We have committed around $1.3 billion to purchase more than 3,000 buses since our fleet renewal programme began in 2006.

"By 2017, we would have replaced almost the entire fleet, and expanded the fleet by more than 36 per cent."

By then, almost its entire fleet will also be wheelchair-accessible.

Its latest purchase, worth $311 million, comprised of 665 buses - 250 single-deck Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses and 415 double-deck Volvo B9TL Wright buses.

Of these, 296 will be funded by the Government's Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).

All these buses comply with the Euro 5 emission standard.

The standard requires diesel vehicles to be fitted with particulate filters in their exhaust systems, so as to trap fine soot particles that are a serious health hazard.

Delivery of the latest purchase is scheduled to begin in middle of next year, SBS Transit said.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The PAP is doing a really marvelous job. Kudos to them. Most of the buses in Auckland are more than 20 years old!!!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The PAP is doing a really marvelous job. Kudos to them. Most of the buses in Auckland are more than 20 years old!!!!

Boss boss I think you forgot to do something boss . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss boss I think you forgot to do something boss . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :wink:

Sorry... I have added to your points for posting a great article that shows how good the PAP really is.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ahahaahaha funded by government bus service enhancement program.song boh!!!!!!!socialize da cost,privatize the profit!!!!!!!

With more than 25% of the operating cost funded by the government tell me which company in the world cannot huat huat huat????

I WANT OPEN BUSINESS LEH,CAN GOVERNMENT PAY FOR 1/3RD OF MY RENT,ELECTRICITY AND MANPOWER????

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current buses are over pack..n they want to put in wheelchair access? N the buses dont run on time...with wheel chair access this will increase the waiting time..what stupidity is this?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its latest purchase, worth $311 million, comprised of 665 buses - 250 single-deck Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses and 415 double-deck VolvoB9TL Wright buses.
Of these, 296 will be funded by the Government's Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)..
Numerically, 44.5% of total new fleet 665 co-funded by taxpayers.

Will new system mooted on bidding for just routes (as in some places in western europe, ie London and Norway), be better for commuters?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn I heard now they want to increase price ah? http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....reases-needed-for-new-bus-biz-model-60-Songbo

Why don't say in the first place when they publish this? If I had known I wouldn't start this thread. This is so embarrassing. We already helped them by subsidizing their purchase knn still not enough ah?

It is okay ...sinkees are always been conned, you're not the first or will you be the last. Only Leong Sam will praise the PAP till the world ends. It is a shame that he is not serving LHL personally in whatever capacity.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is okay ...sinkees are always been conned, you're not the first or will you be the last. Only Leong Sam will praise the PAP till the world ends. It is a shame that he is not serving LHL personally in whatever capacity.

Price rises occur everywhere but the PAP keeps them as low as possible.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Price rises occur everywhere but the PAP keeps them as low as possible.

For goodness sake, it is public transportation, an essential service for the people. What's the point of having the government-owned public transport if it can't control price?

Which government is as idiotic as ours - socialize the cost and privatizing the profit in public transportation?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For goodness sake, it is public transportation, an essential service for the people. What's the point of having the government-owned public transport if it can't control price?

Which government is as idiotic as ours - socialize the cost and privatizing the profit in public transportation?

Public transport in Singapore is one of the cheapest in the world. Singaporeans are very fortunate. In Auckland, I'd have to pay $10 or more for a trip to the city and back.