• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recent Development in JB and the Future Impact

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, please keep this thread in Courtyard.

For someone who lives so near to the causeway, the recent development in JB seems disturbing. Through the ads on television, the whole coastline at JB Sentral would be developed into a residential and commercial haven by R & F. For the past 2 Saturdays, there were spectacular fireworks at the JB side. So what the hell is happening?????

From reading the JB folder, it seems that Capitaland also got one leg in the development and those holding properties in JB are now KPKBing. I would do the same if I were them. Excess supply versus limited demand. Will Jb properties nosedived in the next few years? Had wanted to buy a small unit as a holiday home but now, I'm lost :o

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sarpork.
Good la....JB will take the pressure off the overcrowding from 6.9 million.
Those dreaming but cannot afford sentosa cove will get to fulfill their dream.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
went in to recon on last trip and have several impressions:

1. causeway is too obsolete and needs to be overhauled. if it's a 6-lane bridge with world-class iconic architecture, it will enhance both sides and smooth traffic flow. allowing seawater to flow under bridge will also help the marine ecosystem and keep greenish algae away. the entire stretch of johor straits looks very unhealthy for marine life, not only for humans.
2. the tuas link design is better, and i prefer the smoother flow of traffic on that side of the freeway. however, more and more commuters have the same idea and are jumping on the tuas bandwagon.
3. the only landscaping that is impressive is in and around the iskandar compound. all other landscapes in housing estates nearby are sub-standard. no coordination, minimum landscape design, no combination of native shrubs, trees and lawns to accentuate surroundings. very little thought to space, shade, shadows, and color and texture of foliage. a concrete house among a row of concrete houses with zero landscaping is just an ugly house, no matter what the inside looks like.
4. if anyone is using a johor home for more space and outdoor leisure such as sprawling down with pets and kids on a grassy lawn, swimming in a pool, or doing bbq on a patio or deck, i don't see that happening. why get a landed property in jb and cramp into the comfort of aircon in the living room all day and night?
5. food hygiene in eateries and hawker centers is something to be wary of. the hum they gave me for curry mee was not only black and fossilized but also dried up like 100-year old shrunken abalone. and they handled money together with food.
6. central shopping areas could have redeemed themselves if they do away with the traditional 5-foot way and planned and built walkways 5m wide with plants and trees for shade and pavements for benches and alfresco dining. this gor ka ki next to open longkang tradition is obsolete and must go the way of the dodo.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with the above. No point developing the coastline when the interior still sucks. Its like putting Tonychat in a room of billionaires, out of place :p

Expect to see plenty of empty units even if 100% were sold. Good for the Chinamen to park their illegal monies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree with the above. No point developing the coastline when the interior still sucks. Its like putting Tonychat in a room of billionaires, out of place :p

Expect to see plenty of empty units even if 100% were sold. Good for the Chinamen to park their illegal monies.

I am not interested in jb properties.. Too near to sinkie pollution.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have considered JB properties but the trouble is that I would then be vulnerable to the jams at the causeway, price increases in tolls,...

It might be a good investment opportunity but with condos prices going for RM$1+ million, it's debatable.
However I am looking for a home & not for an investment. It's too close to Spore with all it's problems e.g. crowds & crime. Also must consider problems like haze & pandemics.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both sides always engaging in tit-for-tat, how to invest?
Today gov just announce increase of day permit fee for foreign vehicle from $20 to $35.

Belly goot, jams already fucked up, morning AYE to town is almost unbearable, knn these JB vehicles still come in contribute to the jam.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Currently there seems to be a go slow exercise at the Spore side of the causeway. It's very common to find a jam on the Spore side.

If you take the MRT to JB, the trains are also very, very slow after the Angmo Kio station heading towards Kranji.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is long overdue to charge these foreign vehicle for contributing to the Jam pack highway. It also add to our coffers. $20 per day is consider cheap to these Malaysian car as they easily earn 3k to 4k per month from Singapore and never really contribute anything back to Singapore. They don't spend here and they don't sleep here. Their cars are cheap like dirt.

For us, we go into JB and spend money. It will be insane for them to charge Singapore car going into JB. We buy their petrol, grocery, property, medicine. They enjoy brisk business.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just buy one property in Woodland and lease out to Jiu hu kia, inaddition to that, you can also run road faster because it's near the custom.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
went in to recon on last trip and have several impressions:

1. causeway is too obsolete and needs to be overhauled. if it's a 6-lane bridge with world-class iconic architecture, it will enhance both sides and smooth traffic flow. allowing seawater to flow under bridge will also help the marine ecosystem and keep greenish algae away. the entire stretch of johor straits looks very unhealthy for marine life, not only for humans.
2. the tuas link design is better, and i prefer the smoother flow of traffic on that side of the freeway. however, more and more commuters have the same idea and are jumping on the tuas bandwagon.
3. the only landscaping that is impressive is in and around the iskandar compound. all other landscapes in housing estates nearby are sub-standard. no coordination, minimum landscape design, no combination of native shrubs, trees and lawns to accentuate surroundings. very little thought to space, shade, shadows, and color and texture of foliage. a concrete house among a row of concrete houses with zero landscaping is just an ugly house, no matter what the inside looks like.
4. if anyone is using a johor home for more space and outdoor leisure such as sprawling down with pets and kids on a grassy lawn, swimming in a pool, or doing bbq on a patio or deck, i don't see that happening. why get a landed property in jb and cramp into the comfort of aircon in the living room all day and night?
5. food hygiene in eateries and hawker centers is something to be wary of. the hum they gave me for curry mee was not only black and fossilized but also dried up like 100-year old shrunken abalone. and they handled money together with food.
6. central shopping areas could have redeemed themselves if they do away with the traditional 5-foot way and planned and built walkways 5m wide with plants and trees for shade and pavements for benches and alfresco dining. this gor ka ki next to open longkang tradition is obsolete and must go the way of the dodo.

yeah if both countries wanna have a symbiotic relationship and Temasek want to have its assets in iskandar prosper....the best thing to do is a 12 lane superhighway ....maybe a new causeway ....

then again....you get some ultra kris waving types in the UMNO who still want the Malays to get special right and the threat posed by stinkpoare then bo pian liao lor.....nobody can cure stupidity

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB is profiteering from the typical sinkie mentality of wanting to get away from sinkapore yet don't want to get away from sinkapore.

Want to go, go far. Move to JB not here not there then kena screwed by both sides.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only stupid bapi will buy a condo there. unless you want to keep m'sian girl.

Firstly, please keep this thread in Courtyard.

For someone who lives so near to the causeway, the recent development in JB seems disturbing. Through the ads on television, the whole coastline at JB Sentral would be developed into a residential and commercial haven by R & F. For the past 2 Saturdays, there were spectacular fireworks at the JB side. So what the hell is happening?????

From reading the JB folder, it seems that Capitaland also got one leg in the development and those holding properties in JB are now KPKBing. I would do the same if I were them. Excess supply versus limited demand. Will Jb properties nosedived in the next few years? Had wanted to buy a small unit as a holiday home but now, I'm lost :o

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is long overdue to charge these foreign vehicle for contributing to the Jam pack highway. It also add to our coffers. $20 per day is consider cheap to these Malaysian car as they easily earn 3k to 4k per month from Singapore and never really contribute anything back to Singapore. They don't spend here and they don't sleep here. Their cars are cheap like dirt.

For us, we go into JB and spend money. It will be insane for them to charge Singapore car going into JB. We buy their petrol, grocery, property, medicine. They enjoy brisk business.

Those jb cars also contribute too massive pollution and are road hazards by driving recklessly.
We also cannot claim against their insurer if they cause an accident here.
Our roads are much better maintained thanks to our taxes and COE that we pay.

We should charge $100 per entry/day