• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recent Development in JB and the Future Impact

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JB is profiteering from the typical sinkie mentality of wanting to get away from sinkapore yet don't want to get away from sinkapore.

Want to go, go far. Move to JB not here not there then kena screwed by both sides.

Well said!!!!!!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can johor build dormitories to house singaporeans?i think many young sinkaporeans want to escape from singapore but cannot afford condos or landed properties in johor.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn mai kao pei lah,im twenty something singaporean male slave,if i can go to johor everyday i will be flinging ringgit bills everywhere from my palm,flip flip flip flip like those saudi arabian billionaires throwing money all over women........and playing this gangsta music...and doing hip hop moves.

[video=youtube;0DTgvLPOYLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTgvLPOYLg[/video]

went in to recon on last trip and have several impressions:

1. causeway is too obsolete and needs to be overhauled. if it's a 6-lane bridge with world-class iconic architecture, it will enhance both sides and smooth traffic flow. allowing seawater to flow under bridge will also help the marine ecosystem and keep greenish algae away. the entire stretch of johor straits looks very unhealthy for marine life, not only for humans.
2. the tuas link design is better, and i prefer the smoother flow of traffic on that side of the freeway. however, more and more commuters have the same idea and are jumping on the tuas bandwagon.
3. the only landscaping that is impressive is in and around the iskandar compound. all other landscapes in housing estates nearby are sub-standard. no coordination, minimum landscape design, no combination of native shrubs, trees and lawns to accentuate surroundings. very little thought to space, shade, shadows, and color and texture of foliage. a concrete house among a row of concrete houses with zero landscaping is just an ugly house, no matter what the inside looks like.
4. if anyone is using a johor home for more space and outdoor leisure such as sprawling down with pets and kids on a grassy lawn, swimming in a pool, or doing bbq on a patio or deck, i don't see that happening. why get a landed property in jb and cramp into the comfort of aircon in the living room all day and night?
5. food hygiene in eateries and hawker centers is something to be wary of. the hum they gave me for curry mee was not only black and fossilized but also dried up like 100-year old shrunken abalone. and they handled money together with food.
6. central shopping areas could have redeemed themselves if they do away with the traditional 5-foot way and planned and built walkways 5m wide with plants and trees for shade and pavements for benches and alfresco dining. this gor ka ki next to open longkang tradition is obsolete and must go the way of the dodo.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just some insights. I do know of plenty of Msians working in big factories (Micron, Global Foundries) who can take home $3k plus SGD with OT counted. Most of them don't even have to drive their JB cars in as these factories provide pickup in JB, drop them at both customs to chop passport and direct to the factory. Some who lives further will chip in the petrol and share a car in. Most of them have their own condos or landed properties in JB.

Someone was right when he commented that they hardly spend in Singapore.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big question now is, with the coastline and JB Sentral slated for development, will we see Old Woodlands Centre transforming into a new private properties haven as well?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries. Crash is near. Once Stinkapore crash, JB properties will leong.

Firstly, please keep this thread in Courtyard.

For someone who lives so near to the causeway, the recent development in JB seems disturbing. Through the ads on television, the whole coastline at JB Sentral would be developed into a residential and commercial haven by R & F. For the past 2 Saturdays, there were spectacular fireworks at the JB side. So what the hell is happening?????

From reading the JB folder, it seems that Capitaland also got one leg in the development and those holding properties in JB are now KPKBing. I would do the same if I were them. Excess supply versus limited demand. Will Jb properties nosedived in the next few years? Had wanted to buy a small unit as a holiday home but now, I'm lost :o

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why so scared?????

its just malaysia only what....given pap's long term "exit strategy" it would be sell you back to the malaysian brothel lor....... but not before they are done plundering and looting this shithole for all that its worth ...after that when all hell breaks loose....

you sinkie-sheep cunts can continue to get raped by the malaysians or the indons....

take your choice lor......

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another alternative

[video=youtube;IxKVIoBLfi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxKVIoBLfi0[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another alternative

[video=youtube;IxKVIoBLfi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxKVIoBLfi0[/video]

very nice....maybe PAP should start a CPF initiative to help low and middle income singaporeans to retire in thailand.cannot meet minimum sum in sg?no prob!!!live like middle class thais in thailand for only $600usd a month!!!

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
very nice....maybe PAP should start a CPF initiative to help low and middle income singaporeans to retire in thailand.cannot meet minimum sum in sg?no prob!!!live like middle class thais in thailand for only $900usd a month!!!

Many are discussing buying property here and there to retire why not just keep the money remain liquid and rent?

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many are discussing buying property here and there to retire why not just keep the money remain liquid and rent?

Liquid money keep in bank scared bank close down. Keep at home scared robber come. I got a friend super smart. He convert all his money into screws. Thief want to steal, not worth it unless send a lorry. This guy super smart.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Liquid money keep in bank scared bank close down. Keep at home scared robber come. I got a friend super smart. He convert all his money into screws. Thief want to steal, not worth it unless send a lorry. This guy super smart.

Kns you see your friend no up, lorry. Containers la. Many many many containers.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kns you see your friend no up, lorry. Containers la. Many many many containers.

I saying if want to make the robbery worthwhile, must at least use a lorry lah. By the way, 1 container of screws worth how much? :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I saying if want to make the robbery worthwhile, must at least use a lorry lah. By the way, 1 container of screws worth how much? :biggrin:

US$60-80k not so much exotic timber is more valuable

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US$60-80k not so much exotic timber is more valuable

50f1d.png

exotic enough? :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can johor build dormitories to house singaporeans?i think many young sinkaporeans want to escape from singapore but cannot afford condos or landed properties in johor.

Presently still got affordable landed properties slightly above M$1mill. But understand it may be raised to M$2mil threshold. By tat time u may as well stay put in sinkie pigeon hole till kingdom come. Opps, sorry HDB 99 years. So till HDB kick us out.