• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reasons Please -SMRT only allow topup of card in multiples of $10

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually,,,considering how expensive public tpt is,,,$10 bucks wont really last that long,,,,better top up one time with 50 bucks than have to queue often to top up,,,,

Wanted to top up my MRT card 5 minutes ago. Had only $7.50 with me so told the station worker I want to top up $5 he don't allow me said must be in multiples of $10. I was disappointed. Asked him why he said it's the rule. I realized it's no point to argue with him as he is just following rules.

Then I asked him I really need to top up only $5 or I can show hand how about $7.50 he said not allowed. Then I asked him what happens if I have coins all coins and give him $10 of coins he said like that can. So this is simply not about convenience to collect paper money they just want to collect more money.

How do sinkies live with such crap rules? Where is the compassion for an uncle who only have $7.50 on him? So, what is SMRT's real reason to collect only multiples of $10 from their lan lan customers?

I did not top up because I can't, I've got like $1.82 in my card hopefully when I get down it'll not be more if not I big lan lan. Actually my card is worth another $5 I think but then that's another story altogether. Knnbccb PAP and their heartless cronies.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
because even 5 fucking thousand dollars is derisory ,,..... and 100000 is fucking peanuts understand???!!!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u lost the card before u use finish
that is your business
they wont refund u the amount u lost
best to top up the minimum

If u are regular taking public transport everytime u top up only $10. You wasting time on average u need to top up 10 times per month.
Let assume each time top up time needed is 2min consider average 2~3 people Q up if more then even worst. If someone asking info that even a nightmare.
I always top up $50 at one go for cash card or EZlink card.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can buy the ez-link scanner and top up yourself at home online but they have additional charges they call convinence fees.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am just asking a sole question and some of you had given me some very good answers like Cestbon, Hypocrite , Laksaboy, Scroobal etc. thank you for clearing this.

I guess Singaporeans should be entitled to ask and not every question should be taken as dissent right?

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am just asking a sole question and some of you had given me some very good answers like Cestbon, Hypocrite , Laksaboy, Scroobal etc. thank you for clearing this.

I guess Singaporeans should be entitled to ask and not every question should be taken as dissent right?

Hello Joe, BKT is saying you are lying. Please clarify otherwise this will damagre your credibility :biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a grown man does not even have $10 with him, then the only compassion to show him is directions to the tallest building or the nearest reservoir.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every time in sg, i top up my card with two sgd10 notes. i always keep a balance of sgd10 on the card. it's an instinct honed by decades of getting fucked by the bart system, in which a round trip fare can easily cost over usd10. but much to my surprise at the end of 2 weeks in sg and riding several trips on the mrt, my balance is typically over sgd10 on the average, which means i only spend an average of less than sgd20 in 2 weeks. fares include mrt, lrt, and bus fares. thanks to the mrt and pap for keeping mrt, lrt, and bus fares affordable and convenient (for top up) for a cheap fuck like me. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always top up $50 at one go for cash card or EZlink card.

thank you for having confidence in the smrt system (and pap way) by forking out a huge prepay amount of sgd50 on the card. all interests earned while your cash balance is sitting idle with smrt will be used for other investments, higher pay for elite executives, and are greatly appreciated. :p

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fare from karji to Mcpherson $2/80. $10 only 3.6 trip, I finished in one and half day. (to & from work).

My friend doing sales travel on SMRT spend about $35/day.

SMRT making alot of money. huat ah!

Wanted to top up my MRT card 5 minutes ago. Had only $7.50 with me so told the station worker I want to top up $5 he don't allow me said must be in multiples of $10. I was disappointed. Asked him why he said it's the rule. I realized it's no point to argue with him as he is just following rules.

Then I asked him I really need to top up only $5 or I can show hand how about $7.50 he said not allowed. Then I asked him what happens if I have coins all coins and give him $10 of coins he said like that can. So this is simply not about convenience to collect paper money they just want to collect more money.

How do sinkies live with such crap rules? Where is the compassion for an uncle who only have $7.50 on him? So, what is SMRT's real reason to collect only multiples of $10 from their lan lan customers?

I did not top up because I can't, I've got like $1.82 in my card hopefully when I get down it'll not be more if not I big lan lan. Actually my card is worth another $5 I think but then that's another story altogether. Knnbccb PAP and their heartless cronies.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fare from karji to Mcpherson $2/80. $10 only 3.6 trip, I finished in one and half day. (to & from work).

probably your friend can consider the monthly ticket which is overpriced for most.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mai kao peh lah,if every tom dick and harry want to top up 2.50 or 3.60 or whatever change they can dig out of their pocket then we will be taking forever....knn people is top up $80 in one go,u cannot even top up $10?

no money go beg for change,otherwise take a bus home.

Whatever $$ you hand over to SMRT to top up a card is payment in advance. Why should I have to pay SMRT in advance:confused:

When you consider the number of people with fare cards & each card with $10 or more. You will realise that SMRT is making $$$$...$$ in advance from these people. That is why I never have more than $20 in my card. Yes I can afford to put more in but I don't want to reward SMRT for their shitty service.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The north side starting from yishun onwards the train moves super slow. That part of the train line is the worst cos it's so slow.

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something new to me... Dunno when the last time I took took smelly shit MRT... Kapkia.. Ftw...

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this cb posb also said minimum withdrawal is 50 bucks lioa understand?

who is till trying to KPJKB?

we are the richest country in the world....not happy you can go and jump off a building .......