• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB makes est $72M in Anchorvale Horizon BTO flats (aka PRC-Made Sub-Standard Flats)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]HDB makes est $72M in Anchorvale Horizon BTO flats[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
June 28th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

Overall+View_Final_Low+Res+SK.jpg
Yesterday, TRE published an article highlighting that new residents moving into HDB BTO flats in Anchorvale Horizon at Seng Kang were complaining about the defects and poor workmanship found in their newly completed flats (‘Complaints against poor workmanship in new HDB flats‘).
It was so bad that the grassroots leaders at Anchorvale Horizon were themselves complaining about the problem too. The grassroots leaders even roped in Seng Kang West MP Lam Pin Min to visit Anchorvale Horizon just to show him how terrible the defects are.
One new resident was so fed-up with the defects in his HDB unit as well as his dealings with HDB that he wrote a long complaint letter and posted it online to inform Singaporeans. He accused HDB of not taking the problem seriously.
One of the major defects mentioned is the flooring. Even after the resident complained and HDB got the contractor to re-lay the floor tiles, the floor remains uneven. The HDB personnel whom the resident liaised with tried to convince him to accept the uneven flooring.
The resident said:
“And the frustrating part is at every meeting, HDB personnel would use the same excuse to try convince us to accept the flooring. And if we do not accept, he would tell us he will ask the contractors to rework again. I found it weird that no matter how lousy someone’s workmanship is, they will not keep repeating the same mistake unless they are real idiots.”
The resident then investigated the problem himself and found that actually, the tiles themselves already have defects. Some of the tiles are not flat and will wobble. Hence, even with good workmanship, the flooring will remain uneven because the tiles themselves are uneven.
He said:
“The tile itself is uneven with some area popping up and yet that HDB personnel kept trying his luck to tell us off. This is a terrible integrity issue and I became very disappointed with HDB.”
This being the case, it’s not known why HDB didn’t detect the poor quality floor tiles used by the contractor.
The resident escalated the issue to higher authorities in HDB. He also escalated it to his Seng Kang West MP Lam Pin Min. Dr Lam acknowledged that others in Anchorvale Horizon had complained too.
The resident said:
“He (MP) came to meet up with me and some other neighbors who had terrible defects even the blind can see. He witnessed for himself and understood why there are so many complaints. Thus he advised that HDB personnel in front of us to check with his higher authorities if they can work out with some reimbursements for owners.”
“But HDB turned a deaf ear to the issue. No follow-up was done with regard to compensations except HDB going back to their old tricks of rectifications after rectifications, hoping one day, you will give up and accept whatever they provide you. Many owners gave up because they had rented flats outside or are getting married.”
With the MP’s intervention, the problem still remains. The resident then resorted to writing to MND and even to the President. However, everything was referred back to HDB and HDB referred the matter back to the same HDB personnel again to deal with the resident.
The resident mentioned that the contractor is from China, a company by the name of “Jing Ye”.
China Jingye Engineering Corporation Limited
TRE went online to do some research on the matter and found that Anchorvale Horizon (BTO project) was launched by HDB in Oct 2010 [Link]. It is located at the junction of Anchorvale Road and Sengkang East Way. It is also a premium contract with 745 units of new flats, comprising 240 units of Studio Apartments, 357 units of 4-room flats and 148 units of 5-room flats. Facilities provided in this development are a mini-mart, an eating house, shops, a child care centre and a Residents’ Committee Centre.
TRE also found that indeed, the contract (SK-N3-C19) to construct 745 units of HDB flats was awarded to the lowest winning bidder, China Jingye Engineering Corporation Limited (Singapore Branch) [Link]. There were 13 bidders and Jingye’s bid was the lowest at $94,777,075. The tender was closed on 11 May 2011 and the contract was awarded to Jingye on 29 Jun 2011 [Link]:
Capture27-610x480.jpg

According to its website [Link], Jingye is a Beijing-headquartered, wholly state-owned company of China. It is a subsidiary of Metallurgical Corporation of China Ltd (MCC), which is listed in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Capture29.jpg
On 17 Mar this year, after Jingye “smoothly completed” the Anchorvale Horizon project and handed the keys over to the residents, it’s parent company MCC issued the following press statement. MCC deemed the project “has not only guaranteed the engineering quality, but also set up a perfect demonstrative model for the other projects” (Jingye’s previous name was CRIBC) [Link]:
“The Sengkang Residential Building Project, which was undertaken by MCC Group Central Research Institute of Building & Construction (CRIBC) in Singapore, was smoothly completed, and the last batch of the apartment keys were handed over to the house owners on March 14, 2014.
As a policy-related housing project invested by the Government of Singapore, it is located in the Third Region of Sengkang. The branch of CRIBC was awarded with the contract for 745 houses (including small apartments) in 7 units, as well as the public facilities such as the playground for the kids, the elderly fitness station and the courtyard. For the construction works, precast concrete units are utilized, including pillar, external wall, elevator-shaft wall panel, stair wall panel,, stair, composite precast floor slab, refuse chute and air-raid shelter, etc.
The property developer is Housing and Development Board (HDB), a governmental organization of Singapore. From the very beginning of this project, the quality rating standard of CONQUAS was employed for the construction work and followed up through the whole process. This has not only guaranteed the engineering quality, but also set up a perfect demonstrative model for the other projects.”
It was also found that in the various projects in Singapore, Jingye’s work-sites had been issued with Stop Work Orders (SWO) by the Manpower Ministry (MOM) [Link] 5 times since 2008:

• Mar 2013
  • Apr 2013
  • Jun 2011
  • Aug 2009
  • Nov 2008
An SWO is issued by MOM in instances where severe lapses in safety and health conditions cause immediate danger to the persons at work. Failure to comply with SWO is considered an offence [Link].
Estimated gross profit for HDB in Anchorvale Horizon project
Based on the selling price of HDB units of Anchorvale Horizon [Link] and the contract value of $94,777,075 for Jingye to build the 745 units, one would be able to estimate the gross profit of HDB for the Anchorvale Horizon project.
Capture112-640x80.jpg

Capture30-640x172.jpg

Taking the average sale price of each type of HDB units, the revenue generated from each type for HDB is:

• Studio I: 120 units x [(75,000 + 82,000)/2 - 40,000] = $4,620,000
  • Studio II: 120 units x [(95,000 + 104,000)/2 - 40,000] = $7,140,000
  • 4-room: 357 units x [(227,000 + 344,000) /2 - 10,000]= $98,353,500
  • 5-room: 148 units x [(344,000 + 426,000) /2 - 0] = $56,980,000
(On average, 2-room or studio apt owner can enjoy govt grant of $40K. For 3-room flat owner – $30K and 4-room flat owner – $10K. 5-room flat owner on average does not enjoy any govt grant [Link]. Not that govt grant is only for 1st-time owner. We assume all are first time buyers.)
Hence, total estimated revenue generated from Anchorvale Horizon project for HDB = $167,093,500
Then, estimated gross profit generated from Anchorvale Horizon project for HDB = $167,093,500 – $94,777,075 = $72,316,425
Given that HDB is making a sizeable gross profit from the Anchorvale Horizon project, why can’t HDB accede to the requests from the new residents to pay them some compensations for the defects in their units so that they can get their own contractor to rectify the problems? This is especially so since Jingye is not able to rectify the defects or HDB is unable to supervise its contractor Jingye to do a proper job.
What do you think?

UPDATE:
A reader has commented that the Studio Apartments (SA) are on 30-year leases and only those 55 years old and above are qualified to buy. Furthermore SA applicants are NOT qualified for the up to $40,000 Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG).
This is correct. Please see the following listed HDB information:

Also, just to add, the average gross monthly household income of all persons listed in the SA application must not exceed $10,000. The HDB will also not grant loan for the purchase of SA. Applicants are required to pay the remaining 95% of the purchase price of the SA in full before they can take possession of the flat (5% will be pre-paid as option fee). However, applicants who are owners of HDB flats may request for contra facility to offset the payment for the purchase of SA from the cash proceeds held by the HDB pending the completion of resale of their existing flat. The keys to the SA will be issued after the completion of the resale of the existing flat.
Applicants aged at least 55 years old may use their CPF to buy SA after they have set aside the full cash component of their Minimum Sum. The SA would then be pledged for the amount of CPF used, up to the maximum pledge allowed under the Minimum Sum Scheme (currently is 50%).
The SA is not allowed to be sold in the open market. It shall be returned to the HDB if the owner is not able to or becomes ineligible to stay in it. If the SA is returned to the HDB, the HDB will pay, at its absolute discretion, a pro-rated sum of the original selling price based on the remaining lease of the SA.
Note that AHG is given to eligible first-timer families who are applying to buy a 2-room or bigger flat. It is meant to help lower-income families. The AHG amount is graduated according to income brackets, in favour of lower income households. Eligible first-timers can use the AHG amount (up to $40,000) to offset the purchase price of a new HDB flat. The average monthly household income of applicants need to be $5K and below.
The Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) does not apply to Anchorvale Horizon applicants because SHG came later after the launch of Anchorvale Horizon.
REVISED ESTIMATES:
Hence, for SA in Anchorvale Horizon, the revenue generated for HDB becomes:

• Studio I: 120 units x [(75,000 + 82,000)/2] = $9,420,000
  • Studio II: 120 units x [(95,000 + 104,000)/2] = $11,940,000
Hence, total estimated revenue generated from Anchorvale Horizon project for HDB = $176,693,500
Then, estimated gross profit generated from Anchorvale Horizon project for HDB = $176,693,500 – $94,777,075 = $81,916,425
So, the gross profit generated from Anchorvale Horizon project for HDB is about $82 million now.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HDB makes est $72M in Anchorvale Horizon BTO flats (aka PRC-Made Sub-Standard Fla

And this also reflects the UTTER USELESSNESS of FAP MPees who are only good at pen-pushing (and probably asking their PLPs to do it on their behalf) and a big 'NO, NO' when it comes to standing up for their residents. 60%, song bo?

[h=2]Complaints against poor workmanship in new HDB flats[/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
June 27th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

ah0-300x225.png
TRE was notified of residents’ complaints with regard to
poor workmanship and defects found in new HDB BTO flats in Anchorvale Horizon at
Seng Kang.

Residents who received their keys recently were unhappy with the poor
workmanship and finishing of their flats. Some have expressed their
dissatisfaction on Anchorvale Horizon Facebook page [Link]:

Jolin Chan Almost i month to repair the defect but till
date still have a lot of problem not settle. Try to call Ms Jenny many times her
reply is I’ll check with my supervisor call you back tomorrow ( but never called
back just like a Taiwan group singer 动力火车。。。明天的明天。。。。) how how how…if they have
not settle we cannot start renovation? Can anyone help….. Thks

Tan Lay Beng Hi, i’m stay at 327b my unit have a very
poor workmanship at living and bedroom flooring….who can i look for help other
than looking for BSC…anyone can help?

Zhou Jun Wei See the same issue here. very bad
defects

Calvin Yap Hi, my unit is at blk 326D. HDB is currently
addressing the defects for my units. It has been 2 whole weeks. May I know how
long more would you take? I really need to get my renovation started soon!
Please get back to me regarding this. Thank you.

Zulianita Z. Radzi Mine repaired.. But after the
re-work, it became worse… sigh…

Noorizharfan Lizhafir Better press them hard! They
sleeping on the job! 2weeks still not done with the repairs!

Tan Yong Hong Noorizharfan Lizhafir, Mine already 3 mths
and still a lot not repaired.

It was so bad that the grassroots leaders at Anchorvale Horizon were
themselves complaining too:

Capture111.jpg

(BSC – Building Service Centre, after service provided by the
construction company to rectify all defects)

The grassroots leaders even roped in Seng Kang West MP Lam Pin Min to visit
Anchorvale Horizon just to show him how terrible the defects are:

Capture24.jpg

On the Facebook page of Anchorvale Harvest [Link], another HDB BTO project
in the vicinity of Anchorvale Horizon, someone shared a photo of a HDB unit of
Anchorvale Horizon:

Capture25.jpg

A netizen posted this comment on Anchorvale Harvest Facebook page:

Cheoh Boo: I guess it depends on luck. I’m from
Anchorvale Horizon n my unit is one of the few who have very minimal defect. But
blardi bsc took so long to rectify even the smallest of defects that what could
be rectified in 2 weeks took over a mth. But some of my neighbors didn’t have it
lucky though. Theirs had alot of defects that u can’t just close an eye to. Some
are (from those I spoke to or went to their unit to help check on
defects):

1) svc yard door came off the frame
2) rusty nail sticking
out from the corner of a skirting (and that neighbor had 2 young toddlers
btw)

3) uneven bumpy floors (extremely common defect)
4)
one couple who just got their key went to open the door to their new unit only
to have the key stuck in the keyhole and key snapped off.

I guess all this is see heng or suay one.

Oh yes, u can submit yr defect form even after the so called 1 week given
time. And u can submit multiple times even mths after as long as before reno. We
submitted our defects at least 5 or more times cos some defects don’t show thru
on first visual inspection

HDB playing “tai-chi” and trying to wear down the complainers,
despite MP’s intervention

Another new resident was so fed-up with the defects in his HDB unit as well
as his dealings with HDB that he wrote a long complaint letter and posted
online:

“I hope these can be shared to all Singaporeans since some facts are actually
hidden by the authorities. Government kept emphasizing on Cheap and Quality
housings for Singaporeans, but HDB as one of their main channel to carry out the
mission does not follow. Please see photographs attached, these are the kind of
Quality HDB is providing to Anchorvale Horizon residents. We understand even
with 100% checks done, there ought to be defects but as you can see, those are
really not acceptable. And every flat owner actually paid HDB for the
inspection. But it seems like HDB is collecting the money and doing nothing.
Please do not misunderstand that I am complaining for my personal benefits, I am
writing in the hope that these can be shared so that all Singaporeans can have
their rightfully deserved housings for the high amount they paid for.

I had bought a flat in Anchorvale Horizon, a premium BTO unit which cost
about $320+K excluding HDB loan of about another $100K. Understanding from HDB
personnel, Premium BTO came with flooring done and charged to the flat as a
whole. And owners are not allowed to opt out for the flooring. Thus we had no
choice but to leave the flooring job to HDB.

Our nightmares started when we got our keys to our unit, there are many
defects which could not be squeezed into the defect reporting form HDB provided.
Our living flooring is terribly done; edges of almost all tiles are not even and
they even have rough edges that might cut our feet. When reporting them to the
contractor (from China, Jing Ye), they turned defensive mentioning they are
following guideline provided by HDB. If we are like some other not highly
educated Singaporeans, or those who do not know what they can fight for, we
might had unwillingly accept the flooring. But I think that is not right for us
to keep quiet and accept them. Thus, I requested for joint inspection with the
presence of HDB personnel. BSC, the unit that help us coordinate the defect
reworks, told us on the following week that HDB personnel will go down to check
before arranging the joint inspection.

My wife and I had marked all the defects except the living room flooring for
reporting. But on the day of the joint inspection, I was surprised that there
are markings on the floor with the word “uneven” on them. And best of all, even
with them on which were marked by either the contractor or HDB, the HDB
personnel denied that it was neither their contractor’s fault nor HDB’s. And
they tried to cover themselves, claiming the flooring is acceptable according to
‘Industrial practice’ and they are under ‘tolerances’. And he added “but we will
try to rectify it for you”.

That is very contradicting, why would they marked my flooring with the
‘uneven’ wordings and still insist that the flooring is okay. He seems like
trying his luck to smoke us. I believe some of our neighbors might have been
told off just like this. But he can sense our unhappiness and knew we would
escalate further. So they decide to hack away the existing flooring and re-lay
them. Results are still the same. After 5-6 times of rectifications, there is no
improvement in the flooring. And every meeting takes place on weekdays which we
had to took vacation leaves just to compromise to the HDB personnel’s working
timing. And the frustrating part is at every meeting, HDB personnel would use
the same excuse to try convince us to accept the flooring. And if we do not
accept, he would tell us he will ask the contractors to rework again. I found it
weird that no matter how lousy someone’s workmanship is, they will not keep
repeating the same mistake unless they are real idiots.

Thus I took out the spare tile that HDB gave to take a look. I was amazed
that the tiles can rock on the flooring. Then I understand not only the
workmanship has problem, the tiles have defects themselves. The tile itself is
uneven with some area popping up and yet that HDB personnel kept trying his luck
to tell us off. This is a terrible integrity issue and I became very
disappointed with HDB. I thought maybe it is just that person, so I decided to
give them another chance by escalating the issues to higher authorities in HDB.
Ironically, they refused to handle it and diverted the emails back to that same
guy. Thus I escalated it to our MP and he agreed to try to help as he
mentioned many neighbors had complained too
. He came to meet up with me
and some other neighbors who had terrible defects even the blind can see. He
witnessed for himself and understood why there are so many complaints. Thus he
advised that HDB personnel in front of us to check with his higher authorities
if they can work out with some reimbursements for owners.

But HDB turned a deaf ear to the issue. No follow-up was done with regard to
compensations except HDB going back to their old tricks of rectifications after
rectifications, hoping one day, you will give up and accept whatever they
provide you. Many owners gave up because they had rented flats outside or are
getting married. The dragging made them run out of time or money for their
plans. Knowing that HDB would not be bothered even with the MP helping us, I
wrote to Ministry of National Development and the MP in-charge, hoping to seek
some justice, but there are more rubbish to come.

After 6-8 weeks, we go back to square one with that particular same guy
replying to my email saying they are “actively” looking into the issues. MND
actually goes back to HDB and HDB goes back to him. There is no escalation path
in this ministry. That is the funniest thing I got to know. And I actually did
ask that HDB guy to provide me the so call “industrial practice” guidelines. It
has been 4 weeks and he is still waiting for approval to reveal the guidelines
to us. We are the owners and they required clearance to reveal something we
should know to us. I even wrote to the President but was referred back to MND
and HDB. There is something terribly wrong with their doings, and I hope
Singaporeans are aware of them and be prepared.”
This resident also posted photos of the defects found in his and his
neighbors’ new BTO units at Anchorvale Horizon:

ah1.png

ah2.png

ah3.png

ah4.png

ah5.png

ah6.png

ah7.png

ah8.png

ah9.png

ah10.png

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HDB makes est $72M in Anchorvale Horizon BTO flats (aka PRC-Made Sub-Standard Fla

does this mean Anchorvale resale price is condemned?i think old hdb prices in mountbatten are going up,cause build by japanese construction company.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Walau how can such flats gets passed the inspections?

HDB officers makan money!!!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Walau how can such flats gets passed the inspections?

HDB officers makan money!!!

Agree! How can it pass inspection?? From HDB inspector, officer, RTO.................................
Something fishy?????

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree! How can it pass inspection?? From HDB inspector, officer, RTO.................................
Something fishy?????

HDB is pocketing the money,why else u think they award the tender to this shit tiong company and charge sinkies 160m for a project that cost 94m?HDB is officially a for profit organisation and they are making money hand over fist.Ur own government is robbing you blind.

HDB employees are merely pawns in the game,who can they escalate the matter to?all the MIW and PAP top dogs are running the show.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually HDB has some basic quality checks in place.

I know a cement company that supplies to local condo project, that the concrete-mix ratio/quality of some new china-condos in singapore are lacklustre compared to HDB BTOs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Local builder Chip Eng Seng only bid $377K more and fucking HDB did not award them the contract? What kind of logic is this? Local company will employ more locals and pay more taxes than a China company. The govt. will make the $377K easy with extra income taxes that CES employees will pay. In addition, any profits earned by Chip Eng Seng remains in Singapore while the China company will bring all the profits back to china. Chip Eng Seng has a 30 year history of building apartment buildings in singapore, they won't dare to screw around like that with this kind of shit quality, as their reputation will take a big hit. This China company can do a one off project and fuck off from singapore, they don't care who they piss of and they don't care about the quality of their workmanship either. we pay million dollar salaries to ministers for shit decisions like this? Just come out and say somebody paid somebody off lah. Where is CPIB now?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

actually HDB has some basic quality checks in place.

I know a cement company that supplies to local condo project, that the concrete-mix ratio/quality of some new china-condos in singapore are lacklustre compared to HDB BTOs.

Impossible. Concrete has to be spec out and u have to use a specific type of concrete and rebar. You cannot use substandard on this, or else, u might as well sign death warrant for all the people living there. Inspectors suppose to test the concrete as its poured and take sample back for the lab to check. If its not the right strength, they can require the builder to dig up and re-do the whole thing. this is a very expensive undertaking, so most builders don't fuck with concrete. They must have paid someone of to turn the blind eye.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

does this mean Anchorvale resale price is condemned?i think old hdb prices in mountbatten are going up,cause build by japanese construction company.

Of course. U want to buy a resale there after all these problems have been identified. I would venture to say that a resale unit will have even more problems popping up.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Impossible. Concrete has to be spec out and u have to use a specific type of concrete and rebar. You cannot use substandard on this, or else, u might as well sign death warrant for all the people living there. Inspectors suppose to test the concrete as its poured and take sample back for the lab to check. If its not the right strength, they can require the builder to dig up and re-do the whole thing. this is a very expensive undertaking, so most builders don't fuck with concrete. They must have paid someone of to turn the blind eye.

Good brother, good, you know what i am talking about. Shortchange a little bit will not cause collapse lah. The insiders just said avoid those resale units in future because of slab surface issues & seepage will surface after using weaker concrete for 5-10 years. Because the concrete mix ratio spec has some basic standards, this is why they are so confident to highlight that some project cut corners.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

This kind of quality still dare to handover keys? Only cheebye ah tiong construction company got the cheek to do so.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

HDB waiting for this to happen?

NEW DELHI (AFP) - The confirmed death toll from India's latest building collapse rose to 17 on Monday as authorities blamed shoddy construction for the tragedy near the southern city of Chennai.

As rescuers extended their search through the rubble of the 11-storey complex into a third day, officials said the death toll had risen by six from their last update.

"Total of 38 (bodies) have been retrieved so far, 21 of them alive and 17 dead," S. P. Selvan, a senior officer from the National Disaster Response Force, told reporters from the accident site in Tamil Nadu state on Monday.

An undetermined number of people were still trapped in the wreckage. Rescuers faced a huge challenge trying to remove the rubble of what had been a partially-build residential complex and the operation could take several more days, added Selvan.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...e-toll-rises-17-20140630#sthash.ErB0IO4F.dpuf

www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-asia/story/builders-blamed-india-collapse-toll-rises-17-20140630

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you peasants complaining?

You want cheap stuff, pay cheap price you get cheap shits.

If not, why don't try buying PRIVATE instead.

That is IF you can afford it....LoL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Good brother, good, you know what i am talking about. Shortchange a little bit will not cause collapse lah. The insiders just said avoid those resale units in future because of slab surface issues & seepage will surface after using weaker concrete for 5-10 years. Because the concrete mix ratio spec has some basic standards, this is why they are so confident to highlight that some project cut corners.

If you are talking about the slab that is what the flooring is laid on, this so far seems to be the problem. Its cracking or uneven and hence when the flooring is laid on it (the floor tiles and hardwood from the the pictures above) They end up getting uneven or damaged. But usually, the concrete slab on the floor is prefab offsite and than brought to the job site to be lowered into place. I don't think they pour concrete anymore for the floors. They do it for the foundation and the ground floor areas. But I could be wrong in this. If its prefab offsite, than the company that supplies it has to look at their manufacturing process. Its not likely to be owned by this Tiong company. They have been receiving defective slabs.

But their own people should have noticed this. especially the flooring installers should have known this. Any flooring installers should have complain to their foreman that 1) the tiles are poor quality, uneven and crack easily (indicating its too thin for floor use), and 2) the concrete slab that they have to lay it on is uneven, or cracking, or bubbling, etc. The fact they either never spoke up or could not be bothered is typical tiong work attitude. They probably used their own crews from china. Its really unforgiveable and no pride of workmanship. But like I said, if its a one off project for the Tiong builder, they don't care. They make their money on this project and never come back here again.