• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's profile the people in this photo

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What do you think about the people in this photograph? They look so happy.

World Cup: PA expands live screenings to additional 17 Community Centres

Published on Jun 26, 2014 12:54 PM

Roy Cheong (left) reacts to Luis Suarez's first goal for Uruguay at the live screening of World Cup match between Uruguay and England at the Bedok Community Centre on June 20, 2014. -- ST PHOTO

The 2014 Fifa World Cup will be screened live at an additional 17 Community Centres (CCs) due to "overwhelming interest", the People's Association (PA) announced on Thursday.

The live screenings at an initial 40 CCs had met with "positive feedback" from residents, the PA said, with over 250,000 so far attending the live broadcasts.

The additional 17 CCs are: Changi Simei CC, Clementi CC, Hwi Yoh CC, Jurong Spring CC, Kaki Bukit CC, Kampong Chai Chee CC, Kim Seng CC, Nanyang CC, Pek Kio CC, Queenstown CC, Siglap CC, Taman Jurong CC, Tampines East CC, Tanjong Pagar CC, Toa Payoh East CC, Ulu Pandan CC and Yew Tee CC.

Residents can contact the CCs directly for the latest match screening schedules, the PA said. The screening schedules are also available on www.pa.gov.sg

Last edited:

CopyCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell flower said flower smells good, where did the money came from to host this "free" WC screenings?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can u imagine what time it is during WC matches. From 12 am onwards and mind you those pictures were taken when there were matches at 3 and 6 am and you need to factor in travelling time from their homes and to the cc it's like one cc for a few neighbourhoods. The kids are fortunate that it's now school holidays but seems like the adults are really free too.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One more thing that is rather curious about that picture it's a live screening so all the matches take place at night. You can see the outside of the cc at the entracne and it looks like it is day time that doesn't look like florescent light.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought sinkies all have high speed bb internet and at least have 3G speed on their phones. With so many sites streaming still need to travel to cc to watch? You want to hear sinkie commentators?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What do you think about the people in this photograph? They look so happy.

It pretty much confirms what I have been saying all along.... soccer fans are idiots. :rolleyes:

They're in the same category as the clowns who complain about the CPF minimum sum.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 2nd part to the story......

The screening schedule for each CC will be available at the PA website at www.pa.gov.sg.

TRS was sent some photos of Sengkang cc last night at 12am and it would appear that the 'overcrowding' is due mainly to the number of foreign workers.

One TRS reader sent us the photos explaining that about 80% of the crowd seated at the CC were foreign workers.

"It seems that the thrills of Free milo, Free biscuits, Aircon, Proper seating chairs (compared to grass/concrete) are just too good to miss." he wrote.

We urge our readers to be nice to foreigners, they also deserve to watch the World Cup.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
"It seems that the thrills of Free milo, Free biscuits, Aircon, Proper seating chairs (compared to grass/concrete) are just too good to miss." he wrote.

We urge our readers to be nice to foreigners, they also deserve to watch the World Cup.

Knn got free milo ah? Why no one tell me I can be inside the photo too. Is it true got free milo and biscuits?