• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

60 year-old father terminated by new pinoy boss for no apparent reason

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]60 YEAR-OLD FATHER (WHO DID HE VOTE FOR?) TERMINATED BY NEW PINOY BOSS FOR NO APPARENT REASON[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
25 Jun 2014 - 6:28pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,

My father was terminated last week as a senior waiter by his Pinoy supervisor for no apparent reason. He had been working for the hotel restaurant since the 1990s and is well-regarded by both his colleagues and bosses.

Despite the long working hours, job scope, as well as the miserable off days he got, my father still tolerated all this at the expense of his health. He now suffers from some spinal degeneration and swollen ankles. The doctor put him on chronic medication.

The worst part is that this was only 2 months after the new Pinoy joined the hotel as the F&B manager. My father had complained to HR which then did an investigation but then the supervisor said that he was too slow and this did not give the hotel a good image.

My dad has said that since the mid-2000s when LHL took over, he has seen more and more foreign staff join the hotel in the F&B department. He said that the situation became worse around 2009 when foreign staff made up the majority.

He believes that he is innocent and this was a ploy by foreign staff to get more of their own kind. Even though me and my brother are working, my dad has been suffering from some mild depression, feeling bored at home without anything meaningful to do or any company (my mum is deceased).

Although I have long heard of middle-aged Singaporeans getting replaced by foreigners, I cannot actually believe how suay that it would happen to my own dad. Worse, I work for the HR industry and an increasing number of Pinoys have joined the industry.

With a target of 6.9 million, it seems that less than 50% of our population will be native Singaporeans and the only jobs for them are in the government sector, NS as well as taxi drivers. It would really be damn disastrous if we don’t act fast and kick the PAP out.
Angry,
Wei Yi
TRS Contributor

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If he had planned his finances to achieve financial independence as early in life as possible, he could easily have avoided this sort of predicament.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
More and more of these stories are being told.

Tan chuan jin and his MOM acting blur

He can act blur but when he is kicked out in GE2016, he will wake up to find himself out of MOM.

Many sinkies are now aware the foreigners' invasion of the job market is a serious threat to their livelihood. Sinkies will be unable to find jobs as foreigners get their own kinds to fill up vacancies.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is similar to smoking cigarettes everyday from 1965 until now. Then today the doc say he got cancer. Then kpkb say tobacco companies are evil.

Reap what u sow!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Escher's piano wires indeed coming useful to hang Pinoy usurpers.

What did MOM say? Did the father go and see TCJ? Where is Zorro to protect this worker against discrimination against own locals by foreigners?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He can act blur but when he is kicked out in GE2016, he will wake up to find himself out of MOM.

Many sinkies are now aware the foreigners' invasion of the job market is a serious threat to their livelihood. Sinkies will be unable to find jobs as foreigners get their own kinds to fill up vacancies.

Even if he gets kicked out, no problem. PAP will find him a cushy job in GLC with same pay. Taken care of this cremation.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally in a local chinaman company, "others" will be sacked first when trouble strikes.
The staff can take this to the labour department or sue the company if he thinks the sacking was unwarranted i.e. no "ponteng work, late for work, customer complains etc.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he had planned his finances to achieve financial independence as early in life as possible, he could easily have avoided this sort of predicament.

bro i believe ur advice is inappropriate and out of context but i also believe its true-for different reasons......this country is becoming a more and more inhospitable place for sinkies and the end(extinction date) of sinkies is coming....i believe the only way out is to enrich urself thru hard work and careful investment and migrating as soon as possible.....although financial independence will not fix our cancerous country,at least the few priviledged singaporeans wont have to go down with the rest of the stinking sinkie rats on the sinking ship.tongue twister,stinking sinkie rats on a sinking ship.

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dad should go support Roy n break some laws. Get free stay, food, and f&b training in Changi resorts. come out sure get job offer by WDA.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never ever work under the charge of a Pinoy or Ah Neh.

For Pinoys, they usually infest the F&B and hospitality industry, some more of them are in call centres and healthcare (nurses, blood technicians etc).

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No sinkee can be or want to be F&B manager? This is total bs that there is no qualified sinkee to do this job.

Damn the PAP.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]60 YEAR-OLD FATHER (WHO DID HE VOTE FOR?) TERMINATED BY NEW PINOY BOSS FOR NO APPARENT REASON[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
25 Jun 2014 - 6:28pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,

My father was terminated last week as a senior waiter by his Pinoy supervisor for no apparent reason. He had been working for the hotel restaurant since the 1990s and is well-regarded by both his colleagues and bosses.

Despite the long working hours, job scope, as well as the miserable off days he got, my father still tolerated all this at the expense of his health. He now suffers from some spinal degeneration and swollen ankles. The doctor put him on chronic medication.

The worst part is that this was only 2 months after the new Pinoy joined the hotel as the F&B manager. My father had complained to HR which then did an investigation but then the supervisor said that he was too slow and this did not give the hotel a good image.

My dad has said that since the mid-2000s when LHL took over, he has seen more and more foreign staff join the hotel in the F&B department. He said that the situation became worse around 2009 when foreign staff made up the majority.

He believes that he is innocent and this was a ploy by foreign staff to get more of their own kind. Even though me and my brother are working, my dad has been suffering from some mild depression, feeling bored at home without anything meaningful to do or any company (my mum is deceased).

Although I have long heard of middle-aged Singaporeans getting replaced by foreigners, I cannot actually believe how suay that it would happen to my own dad. Worse, I work for the HR industry and an increasing number of Pinoys have joined the industry.

With a target of 6.9 million, it seems that less than 50% of our population will be native Singaporeans and the only jobs for them are in the government sector, NS as well as taxi drivers. It would really be damn disastrous if we don’t act fast and kick the PAP out.
Angry,
Wei Yi
TRS Contributor

Name the restaurant n hotel.........we can boycott