• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When an ex-convict needs`a court testimonial to make an honest living

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tough for ex-convict to keep cabby job

I AM a taxi driver and a former convict. A few months ago, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) sent me a letter informing me that as I was once found guilty in court,
I needed a conduct testimonial from my current employer to decide whether I can be allowed to continue in my job.

My current taxi company, SMRT, told me it did not have a policy of writing conduct testimonials for its drivers. LTA then told me to get one from the Singapore Prison Service (SPS) as an alternative.

The SPS officer who answered my call said the prison will be able to write a conduct testimonial and told me to go to the prison to collect it.

But all I received was a document stating the start and end dates of my imprisonment. There was no mention of my conduct in prison.

When I told the officer that the document did not fulfil my needs, I was referred to a second officer, who informed me that SPS did not write conduct testimonials for prisoners.

I told LTA of my difficulty in getting a testimonial, but it replied that SMRT and SPS did indeed write conduct testimonials.
This is my plea to employers: Give us ex-convicts a chance. We may have made mistakes in the past, but we have paid the price in prison.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
convicts shld go get jjjjobs which they have more XP with... like cheating people with insurance claims, selling bootleg apple products, and working for RC.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are we sure all these talents from Pinoyland, PRC and India have never been found guilty in court?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are we sure all these talents from Pinoyland, PRC and India have never been found guilty in court?

LKY said that all those foreign thrash are carefully vetted before they are allowed to work here. Only the daft 60% will believe this old mafia.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore, only those big time criminal like T.T. Durai who had some connections with the Leegime will be given a chance. They even helped him get a job.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, until it is black and white, nobody is going to show any initiative. All they had to do was to write how he conducted himself during the period that he was wit them. Nobody asked them for a guarantee. A convict does not mean total failure or cannot be trusted. They are as human as anyone.

Really a fucking arseholes.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 60-year old fired by Pinoy manager and this guy could be the core of the new anti-regime group - Group of Anti-PAP Sinkees (GAPS).

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so much for your lanjiao yellow ribbon scheme.//////just another sham to make sure that sinkie slaves guaiguai stay on this fucking prison island

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does Dr Jay Lu Jiade and woffles need one to make a living?

Tough for ex-convict to keep cabby job

I AM a taxi driver and a former convict. A few months ago, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) sent me a letter informing me that as I was once found guilty in court,
I needed a conduct testimonial from my current employer to decide whether I can be allowed to continue in my job.

My current taxi company, SMRT, told me it did not have a policy of writing conduct testimonials for its drivers. LTA then told me to get one from the Singapore Prison Service (SPS) as an alternative.

The SPS officer who answered my call said the prison will be able to write a conduct testimonial and told me to go to the prison to collect it.

But all I received was a document stating the start and end dates of my imprisonment. There was no mention of my conduct in prison.

When I told the officer that the document did not fulfil my needs, I was referred to a second officer, who informed me that SPS did not write conduct testimonials for prisoners.

I told LTA of my difficulty in getting a testimonial, but it replied that SMRT and SPS did indeed write conduct testimonials.
This is my plea to employers: Give us ex-convicts a chance. We may have made mistakes in the past, but we have paid the price in prison.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
looks like there are a bunch of uncaring FOOking bastards out there, who only pretend tobe good, and they get away with it coz of their monye and power

well monye and power now, jsut wwait, if not you then your descendents wil enjoy at least one million years of hell fire

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try WDA. They have connection with Changi resort to help you find good job. haha....

If you are a Chinese you can try CDAC. This useless organisation will ask you to upgrade yourself and take up one of their "subsidy" courses. If you say you have no money even to pay for the course, they will recommend you a part time road sweeper job at $400 a month. That was what happened to my friend who went there looking for a job.