• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Complete-Lee in order for PM press sexcretary to defend him

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Completely in order' for PM press secretary, Consul-General to defend Singapore's interests: PMO

The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) says it was "completely in order" for Mr Lee Hsien Loong's press secretary to respond to an article published in the Economist, and for the Singapore Consul-General in Hong Kong to respond to a South China Morning Post report.

singapore.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) on Wednesday (June 25) said in a statement that it was "completely in order" for Mr Lee Hsien Loong's press secretary to respond to an article published in the Economist, and for the Singapore Consul-General in Hong Kong to respond to a South China Morning Post (SCMP) report.

"This is in response to media queries over the propriety of recent letters by the Prime Minister’s press secretary to the Economist magazine, and the Singapore Consul-General in Hong Kong to the South China Morning Post," the PMO said in its statement.

"The Economist article was on the Government’s Central Provident Fund policies. It referred to PM’s defamation suit over an allegation that the PM had misappropriated public moneys. When aspersions are cast on the integrity of the Prime Minister and his Government’s policies, an official reply from the PM’s press secretary is completely in order.

This is no different from what press secretaries in most other Governments do.

"Likewise, when a foreign newspaper carries an article with misrepresentations about Singapore, it is important that our diplomatic representative defend Singapore’s interests by correcting misrepresentations and providing a balanced view. Our Consul-General in Hong Kong did just that when he responded to the South China Morning Post article."

Click here to read the press secretary's letter to the Economist.
Click here to read the Singapore Consul-General's response to SCMP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

"The Economist article was on the Government’s Central Provident Fund policies. It referred to PM’s defamation suit over an allegation that the PM had misappropriated public moneys. When aspersions are cast on the integrity of the Prime Minister and his Government’s policies, an official reply from the PM’s press secretary is completely in order.

I don't think the integrity of the government's policies were questioned by Roy. He was accusing PM Lee of misappropriating funds and that's what triggered the law suit. If he had accused the government in general nothing would have happened as government policies are being questioned and harshly criticised daily.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LHL was accused of cheating a soursop drink stall of their money then his secretary cannot represent. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this really makes me laugh,PM had the opportunity to just ignore some crazy dog barking and maybe issue a statement or two and that would be the end of that....instead he chose to invoke the barbara streisand effect....in his eagerness to defend his "boyscout's honor and pride" instead of just quietly covering things up,he drew unnecessary attention to it,now his government is scrambling to answer all sorts of queries and attacks from foreign presses and scrambling to cover their asses,and now the scam called CPF is threatening to fall apart.

even if PM Lee wins the lawsuit so what?is it really worth the price?even if he won,it only serve to arouse more suspicion that the government is trying to conceal something.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find her excuse inexcusable. Why is she writing on behalf of the CPF? Why did the CPF not write to the Economist? Why didn't she write to Roy Ngerng when his blog posts on the PM appeared? Her reasoning seems to claim that anything that is relevant to the PM will be handled by her. This is precisely an abuse of the law. Transgender Loong has to write his own letters if matters are of official nature. Suing someone in his personal capacity is not an official duty as he is suing on a personal capacity. For her to claim that anything wrong or seemingly wrong with Transgender Loong is part of her official duty is ridiculous. This type of person will be one of the first to be dragged to court once the PAPzis are voted out.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Ass Loon need his kah kia to defend him. This spineless faggot should fight his own battle.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find her excuse inexcusable. Why is she writing on behalf of the CPF? Why did the CPF not write to the Economist? Why didn't she write to Roy Ngerng when his blog posts on the PM appeared? Her reasoning seems to claim that anything that is relevant to the PM will be handled by her. This is precisely an abuse of the law. Transgender Loong has to write his own letters if matters are of official nature. Suing someone in his personal capacity is not an official duty as he is suing on a personal capacity. For her to claim that anything wrong or seemingly wrong with Transgender Loong is part of her official duty is ridiculous. This type of person will be one of the first to be dragged to court once the PAPzis are voted out.

does she really hand wash every of his pink panties?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the integrity of the government's policies were questioned by Roy. He was accusing PM Lee of misappropriating funds and that's what triggered the law suit. If he had accused the government in general nothing would have happened as government policies are being questioned and harshly criticised daily.

You are mistaken.

CSJ didn't mention the PM nor his father. He just wore a at shirt saying "CPF , NKF " and something else which I forget. He was sued by both.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silly honkies. Do palace eunuchs serve the Emperor, or the Empire? It is common sense! Nothing inappropriate about it.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happened she claims that the compilation of this letter is outside the office hour in his pte place, the suing is valid? I think I read the letter of suing is in LHL capacity?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happened she claims that the compilation of this letter is outside the office hour in his pte place, the suing is valid? I think I read the letter of suing is in LHL capacity?

LHL sued in his personal capacity. Hence anyone paid for by the govt. or the State shud not chip in at all........ doing so is clear corruption.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Principle 1:

Work with the elected Government to serve the people of Singapore, and shape Singapore’s future

Principle 2:

Uphold the integrity and reputation of the Public Service

Principle 3:

Ensure there is no conflict of interest between our official duties and personal interests

Principle 4:

Be fair and impartial in carrying out our responsibilities, and not be corrupt or seen to be so

Principle 5:

Exercise prudence in managing public resources

http://www.psd.gov.sg/content/psd/en/media/press_release_30Sept2013.html