• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starting a Business and Moving to Malaysia

kenzo88

Hi folks,

I'm Singaporean and thinking of starting a cafe business in KL and relocating there. The business will be co-owned by me and my Malaysian friend/business partner.

Was thinking since social visit pass will only allow one month entry so have to keep going back and forth MY-SG.
And also getting loan for house and car in Malaysia might be bit more tedious since only on social visit pass.

Anyone here actually move to JB or KL to start a business and on what visa/pass would be most suitable (besides MM2H).
And also what's the implication of having foreign ownership in a sdn bhd vs 100% malaysian ownership.

Hope someone with experience can share and all opinions are welcome:smile:

Thanks in advance and appreciate it!

Andox

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 years in KL and counting....never regretted coming here.

There are many visas like expat visas, investors visa and even student visa if you want to explore. Just make sure you get the right person to do this for you. Banks here are still willing to provide loans to Singaporeans but it is much tougher now due to the tightening by the central banks.

tried to PM you but somehow it bounced back. Happy to provide more info via PM if necesary.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi folks,

I'm Singaporean and thinking of starting a cafe business in KL and relocating there. The business will be co-owned by me and my Malaysian friend/business partner.

Was thinking since social visit pass will only allow one month entry so have to keep going back and forth MY-SG.
And also getting loan for house and car in Malaysia might be bit more tedious since only on social visit pass.

Anyone here actually move to JB or KL to start a business and on what visa/pass would be most suitable (besides MM2H).
And also what's the implication of having foreign ownership in a sdn bhd vs 100% malaysian ownership.

Hope someone with experience can share and all opinions are welcome:smile:

Thanks in advance and appreciate it!

Someone who came in with me back then and is also Singaporean now has 13 businesses and he is now somewhat well known in the circles. My home is now the address of more than 20 businesses. It feels like a post office sometimes. Its not all rosy though but yet, its a good place for us.