• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant be! R&F even declared the MRT station is "Adjacent" to Puteri Cove!!

Do they actually know the word ADJACENT???

Perhaps they should rephrase it as " Within walking distance"

At least can cover themselves. Afterall, 30 minutes walk is also within walking distance.

Well, I bought a 2 BR at R&F Princess Cove and to be honest, I am quite disappointed at this RTS news revelation.
Hopefully, R&F will provide shuttle services when everything is built up ..

I doubt we can sue R&F for misrepresentation in their advertisement materials...

Let's see how Singapore respond to the rail alignment confirmation..

bigcroc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The nearest Wadihana condo will benefit the most from the Bukit Chagar RTS station. Previously had wanted to buy a unit there, but didn't commit. Definitely, they will make a pedestrian link from the Bukit Chagar RTS station to Komtar and JB City Square, where the original bustling JB town exists.

At that time, did you tried walking from Wadihana condo to City Square ?

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless they make a new slip / access road that cut across the jalan tun abdul razak

The nearest Wadihana condo will benefit the most from the Bukit Chagar RTS station. Previously had wanted to buy a unit there, but didn't commit. Definitely, they will make a pedestrian link from the Bukit Chagar RTS station to Komtar and JB City Square, where the original bustling JB town exists.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least from this bukit chagar site to r&F is one straight stretch along jalan jim quee. maybe an underpass would made to connect to R&F... with walking escalator:biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
At that time, did you tried walking from Wadihana condo to City Square ?
Walking from Wadihana condo to City Square is not that far, only about 8 minutes at most. Problem is the traffic at the split intersection going towards Tebrau or Skudai.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless they make a new slip / access road that cut across the jalan tun abdul razak
Either they construct a wide overhead pedestrian bridge (just like the link between the Central MTR station and the Star Ferry Pier in Honkong island) or an underground walkway to Komtar would suffice. The RTS station is mainly to cater to massive pedestrian traffic, not vehicular traffic.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you not read properly? It is correctly spelled as:

A__ D__ J__ A__C__E__N__T

How can this be? This is all slander. This is lies...lies..:biggrin: :biggrin:
The newspapers are all out to tarnish this beautiful R&F project. This is the BEST project. :biggrin:

Bestest... is a better word here.

bigcroc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walking from Wadihana condo to City Square is not that far, only about 8 minutes at most. Problem is the traffic at the split intersection going towards Tebrau or Skudai.

you are trying to break the hearts of many buyers of r&f units at PC.

you are talking about a site that is not really within walking distance from Princess Cove.

There is a diagram showing the four shortlisted possible location. I think you got the location of Bukit Chagar site wrong.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless underground tunnelling, how can the mrt get to bukit chagar site with the existing causeway flyovers ?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, correction. there are quite a few who will do that. But I don't think they're the ones paying 2-3k RM per month to stay in a fancy luxury studio. they'll choose the older condo with much lower rental. the walk across the causeway is doable, but no easy effort. the best these days is to choose a bike to commute.

I agree with the last statement! LOL!:p

But sometimes can vomit blood because the ICA-Aetos officers do a really damn lousy job of directing traffic. I wonder what is their SOP or KPI, to keep people in customs or to outprocess bikes ASAP? These officers like to create bottlenecks and shove people into large holding areas.:mad:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are trying to break the hearts of many buyers of r&f units at PC.

you are talking about a site that is not really within walking distance from Princess Cove.

There is a diagram showing the four shortlisted possible location. I think you got the location of Bukit Chagar site wrong.
Get real. The 4 shortlisted sites are Tanjong Puteri (nearest or should I put it as truly adjacent to Princess Cove), JB Sentral 1, 2 and Bukit Chagar (furthest to Princess Cove). The only suitable site for Bukit Chagar is the present large car park there. The other sites around Bukit Chagar are already surrounded by private residential buildings and will be unlikely to be used for the RTS station.

Not to worry though, our residential forumer (and housing agent) CSLong will propose to R&F to build an underground air-conditioned travelator walkway to link the RTS station and Princess Cove, just like Changi Airport's Terminals 1 & 2.:rolleyes: Chinese developers are cash-rich and it'll also provide visitors a direct and fully sheltered access to their shopping malls from both the RTS station and Princess Cove.

Besides, I believed it was long planned for this site as according to the Malaysian press report cited by 1 forumer in another thread. And they can't go wrong with this site because by building a wide pedestrian walkway to Komtar and JB City Square, the original bustling JB town can be revived again, together with the Kotaraya, the Little India, Jalan Tan Hiok Nee, Jalan Meldrum, JB Persada, etc.

Last edited:

bigcroc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The the nearest existing project is pine view condo as pointed out by Bruceli.

Not Wadihana condo.

I am referring to the large car parking space also.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The the nearest existing project is pine view condo as pointed out by Bruceli.

This I could also agree as both are almost at equal walking distance, but the main commuter exit of the RTS station should be directed towards the Jalan Tun Abdul Razak. Those private residential areas around Jalan Bukit Chagar would definitely not want to be intruded by too many unnecessary visitors. Besides, the present vehicular road leading to the JB CIQ is already banned from pedestrian commuting.

hondawave07

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak. after chcking the maps i think the site is at the rumah barkat bukit chagar that side, opposite serene park and lion hotel. paragon suite is just across the road, it was the first project i was looking in jb more than 1.5 years back, never took the plunge. chaaaayy, wasted. :smile:

The bukit chagar site that was reported for the RTS terminal is the site which used as an open space car park currently that next to JB Sentral CIQ and cover up to the former office of Gerbang Selatan Bersepadu.
This is the huge plot of land that can be developed for mega integrated project.
Some of the big plot of land is belong to JCorp, and some other belong to private land.
And since Datuk Hasni Mohammad mentioned that they have completed the land acquisition for the RTS project in Johor Bahru, I believe they should have acquired the private land as well as the JCorp land or direct/indirect link with JCorp to develop this project if it's really materialised. Don't forget that JCorp is the Johor State Government linked company.

In term of location, I think Pine View Apartment (completed), future Tri Tower, SKS Pavilion, and Pacific City Mall etc are once the black horse and suddenly appeared to become the winner because of the RTS terminal. The old taman Bukit Ungku Aziz and Kim Teng Park which already lost it shine previously will soon turning become the bright spot. I remember there are few old shop lots at Kim Teng Park beside the Tebrau Highway (Opposite the famous Indian Temple next to Railway track) have already been long abandone.

Paragon suite, Astaka, Tebrau 8, Wadihana and few more developments around Wadihana and Tebrau 8 area (forgotten the project name) should also be benefited if the RTS terminal is really located at Bukit Chargar site, but presently they don't have the direct link path/walk path to Bukit Chagar site except Astaka which will have the proposed future tunnel link to JB CIQ.
So the future development for the accessibility of direct link path/walk path from these project to the RTS terminal is the main factor that will direct contribute to the value of these developments.

And of course the materailization of the JB RTS link will improve the accessibillity between JB and Singapore. This will bring the positive effect to the development of JB. Cannot wait to see this happen soon.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 5km MCE cost S$4.3 billion, with only 420m under the sea. Future project cost will be higher.
I highly suspect there's some creative accounting in this project. Why? Because even the whole of the North-East MRT line had only cost S$4.6b and with so much of it being also underground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.