• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I think 2020 for rts is very difficult. I just noticed that besides political challenges, there are also engineering challenges. The whole Thomson line is underground! There are 3 outcomes.
1. Continue to go underground to JB. But how? PC's piling will be in the way.
2. Surface the train after woodlands north. But this will be so close to the sea that it will be engineering challenging.
3. Surface before woodlands north. The engineering and impact to neighbourhood will need to redo.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The R&F ad full of error. Wonder if future buyers can sue if really buy based on misleading presentation

Wow.... how come so serious want to sue? Is just the CGI, you should look at Eco Botanic brochure and website. Eco World erase and hide all the HTCs around their so call superb garden! If wanna sue, EW will kena 1st!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I think 2020 for rts is very difficult. I just noticed that besides political challenges, there are also engineering challenges. The whole Thomson line is underground! There are 3 outcomes.
1. Continue to go underground to JB. But how? PC's piling will be in the way.
2. Surface the train after woodlands north. But this will be so close to the sea that it will be engineering challenging.
3. Surface before woodlands north. The engineering and impact to neighbourhood will need to redo.

Oh forgot a 4th way, just built a separate above ground track from woodlands to jb. This is the simplest. Just need to keep close to PC.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont see any problem at all. No need to be so sceptical on everything that are happening in Iskandar. In the past, nobody would dare to think that Microsoft is coming over to ISkandar..... but is happening now. Anything is possible.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.... how come so serious want to sue? Is just the CGI, you should look at Eco Botanic brochure and website. Eco World erase and hide all the HTCs around their so call superb garden! If wanna sue, EW will kena 1st!

Perhaps you can post some photos in the showrooms here. Thanks.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere that the Japanese High Speed company who is keen to undertake the HSR project here has indicated that 2020 is quite impossible as they need 1 more year according to their calculation.

2020 or 2021 is irrelevant, so long that it happens. I cant wait for another round of property boom. S$300 psf at Nusajaya is bloody cheap compared to the overpriced 99 year leasehold at Jurong from S$1200psf

Wait till Tengah Housing flats are up in 20 years time, the residents will be lamenting at how they fork out S$500,000 to buy a 99 year lease pigeon hole when they look across the straits into the stunning Puteri Harbour skyscapers which cost a fraction.

Yeah and the truth does bite. Many locals here has lives and imagination that revolves around Singapore and Singapore only. S$1 million HDB flat is considered a norm here. Seriously I wont be surprised if HSR actually BRINGS Sporeans to work in Nusajaya given how this tiny dot has degenerated ( and still is ) over the past 2 decades

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere that the Japanese High Speed company who is keen to undertake the HSR project here has indicated that 2020 is quite impossible as they need 1 more year according to their calculation.

2020 or 2021 is irrelevant, so long that it happens. I cant wait for another round of property boom. S$300 psf at Nusajaya is bloody cheap compared to the overpriced 99 year leasehold at Jurong from S$1200psf

Wait till Tengah Housing flats are up in 20 years time, the residents will be lamenting at how they fork out S$500,000 to buy a 99 year lease pigeon hole when they look across the straits into the stunning Puteri Harbour skyscapers which cost a fraction.

Yeah and the truth does bite. Many locals here has lives and imagination that revolves around Singapore and Singapore only. S$1 million HDB flat is considered a norm here. Seriously I wont be surprised if HSR actually BRINGS Sporeans to work in Nusajaya given how this tiny dot has degenerated ( and still is ) over the past 2 decades

Yes..

I agree..

Singapore has been stagnating for the past decade at least..

I bought R&F Princess Cove despite the hefty price tag for exit strategy because I really do not see any future for Singapore if PAP remains in power...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPAD (Land Transport Authority of Malaysia) had announced that it would take 7 years to build the HSR. Most of the land acquisition had been resolved as it involved Government land. The schedule of project commencement would be in 2016. Therefore we are looking at 2023 for completion.
Everyone is trying to pitch in. Japan came up with financing soft loan package for the project and China wanted to do a deal linking Kumming / Singapore HSR line. Most of the electric KTM Kommuter trains now are Chinese built CRH trains. Then you have the French TGV pitching in as well.

It is very clear with or without Spore involvement, the project will move. It is a question of a feeder line from Nusajaya or direct into Spore.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cmon Singapore is just a small tiny fish in Asia. Singapore talks big because the ministers pay here is 4 times more than Obama. Malaysia and China Ministers better shut up and sit down when the highest paid public servants in this universe are talking. Singapore knows best. The highest paid should know the best for the world

SPAD (Land Transport Authority of Malaysia) had announced that it would take 7 years to build the HSR. Most of the land acquisition had been resolved as it involved Government land. The schedule of project commencement would be in 2016. Therefore we are looking at 2023 for completion.
Everyone is trying to pitch in. Japan came up with financing soft loan package for the project and China wanted to do a deal linking Kumming / Singapore HSR line. Most of the electric KTM Kommuter trains now are Chinese built CRH trains. Then you have the French TGV pitching in as well.

It is very clear with or without Spore involvement, the project will move. It is a question of a feeder line from Nusajaya or direct into Spore.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Microsoft want to come Singapore got money also cannot buy such a huge tract of land here. That's why I believe Singapore is and has lost out to Iskandar Malaysia. Many of my overseas big time cilents are asking me where to set up manufacturing plant or factory in Iskandar. Never even mention anything about Singapore. Its no longer a choice anymore.

I dont see any problem at all. No need to be so sceptical on everything that are happening in Iskandar. In the past, nobody would dare to think that Microsoft is coming over to ISkandar..... but is happening now. Anything is possible.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cmon Singapore is just a small tiny fish in Asia. Singapore talks big because the ministers pay here is 4 times more than Obama. Malaysia and China Ministers better shut up and sit down when the highest paid public servants in this universe are talking. Singapore knows best. The highest paid should know the best for the world

330km (97%) in Malaysia have to listen to 10km (3%) in Spore. Now I know what is called you get paid for your brains. :biggrin: :biggrin:

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they can get the HSR launched to public before end 2022, I'll consider it a resounding success, and a game changer for KL-Nusajaya-SG.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes seriously this is a game-changer. While many nay-sayers are still harping on high tolls , "overpriced" condos and VEPs etc and sit on the fence, Iskandar has gone on without them

If they can get the HSR launched to public before end 2022, I'll consider it a resounding success, and a game changer for KL-Nusajaya-SG.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are absolutely wrong here.
The whole idea for proposing the HSR is to connect the 2 main cities - SG and KL.
Without the final destination with the HSR running into Singapore directly will defeat the whole purpose of this HSR.
And of cos, the overall funding part.
Besides having to build its own line and stations within her territory, Singapore will surely also need to at least part finance proportionally the cost of trains and its maintenance and part of the overall line construction.
This cost outlay is substantial in both the construction and ultimately the running of the rail system and SG's participation is absolutely essential.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are absolutely wrong here.
The whole idea for proposing the HSR is to connect the 2 main cities - SG and KL.
Without the final destination with the HSR running into Singapore directly will defeat the whole purpose of this HSR.
And of cos, the overall funding part.
Besides having to build its own line and stations within her territory, Singapore will surely also need to at least part finance proportionally the cost of trains and its maintenance and part of the overall line construction.
This cost outlay is substantial in both the construction and ultimately the running of the rail system and SG's participation is absolutely essential.

The idea of connecting both cities is still there but they are not talking.
As for the cost, Japan had already offered to fund this project.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...high-speed-rail-link-delay-singapore-ministry

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...bullet-train-link-may-be-nine-years-away.html

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea of connecting both cities is still there but they are not talking.
As for the cost, Japan had already offered to fund this project.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...high-speed-rail-link-delay-singapore-ministry

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...bullet-train-link-may-be-nine-years-away.html

Not sure what's the problem with SG. Everyone knows 2020 is quite impossible, so what's the point to whine abt it to the media? Maybe SG is preparing to cover its backside on 2019 RTS. Looks like RTS is likely to be completed ard 2020-21?

Status
Not open for further replies.