• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
cslong's expectation and ambition of Johor going into the future is very high indeed. I will like to wish him all the best, especially if he's a Johorean himself. I'm sure we all would also like to wish Johor its prosperity going forward as that's the way for a country and its people to progress. However, from examples of those successful cities, when such a stage is achieved, it is evident that the mid and lower classes of the population will be marginalized and suffer enormous inequality. Singapore is already a living example. So be prepared.

Do come back to this thread again 3 years from now so that we can make further judgement on this issue.:biggrin:

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I know. But to put it in perspective, to be an international city, you need to increase the population from 1.7m to 4.5m. With 4.5m, a lot of work needs to be done too on the amenities/transportation part. There's hardly any international city with population < 4.5m.

First doubt 1.7m is accurate because johor have large number of unaccounted residence.

Population increase and amenities/infrastructure do not go hand in hand. When there money to be make...ppl come....road jam, kopi tiam no seat, public transport crowded, housing not enough....this happen in Sg with all the micro planning :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
4.5m? wow.... what theory you use to say an international city must be more than 4.5m? Pls dont make this kind of assumption. i agree there are still a lot need to be done but more importantly.... it is progressing and moving at a fast pace now. That is a very positive sign.

Examples of international cities: London, New York, Paris, Frankfurt, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney.

All these cities serve a metropolitan of > 4.5m.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... good suggestion. i am putting a note in my smart phone that i will be back to this thread again after 3 years. Sometimes, i am confuse of some comment from many people in this thread......when JB stagnant all kow be kau bo...... when JB moving fast forward..... also kow be kau bo. i think is a kind of love hate relationship between singaporean and JB.

We love to complain... Jokes aside, why don't you check with fellow Malaysians and see if they share your optimism? You also keep evading questions on your agenda, which makes people suspicious about your optimism.

I find it incredulous that you think that our concern of over-development, too fast and too much is unfounded. One example is Dubai. Their property market goes through dramatic rise and fall due to overbuilding. They have to be bailed out by Abu Dhabi to survive. It does not even have the flip flop policies being exhibited by Johore.

Is Johor moving in the right direction? By and large, I would say that most agree it is. But at this rate, the growing pains are going to be dramatic. Just be careful one does not kill the goose by over feeding before it hatches the golden eggs.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The major problem with JB is that there is NO proper city planning, for now and in long term.
No one will ever know what is going to be built where and when. Suddenly you see reclaimations here and there and suddenly you see humongous development coming up at some of the most unlikely places (eg like Forest City).
There are so much talk about the High Speed Rail and the MRT link from Sg to JB but the reserves for proposed line and stations were not even drawn up yet!!!
Many were expecting the old Custom building to be the MRT terminal on the JB side but now its going to be a huge fancy condo development Princess Cove.
What are they going to do with that big discarded shopping complex Waterfront Lot 1? Seems like the Princess Cove 2nd phase is outside in the reclaimed sea and is not including this building. And looking at the fancy picture of Princess Cove, it look more like some development for Hongkong. Also, why would one pay so much to live in a congested development where all the skyscrapers are so close to one another in JB when land is never a problem?
And then this Forest City. Anyone know about this project with reclaimation "2 times the size of Ang Mo Kio" earlier this year? And building a forest city on reclaimed land when the real forest is just immediately behind???? So queer!
Everyday there are new surprises.
I wonder if the sultan realized that with all those high rise buildings in Country Garden and Princess Cove, suddenly there will be hundreds of residents there looking into his palace everyday.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm rooting for Medini/PH for pleasant place for living and playing. No need to be financial center or world city.... :smile:

Above argument is like LKY vs Mahatir hahaha....now is about complementary....and regionalization SG + Iskandar (the only potential zone in SEA)...that i want to see materialize.

JB will be JB....5 yrs overtake singapore...i want to smoke whatever you smoking...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the typical comment from a singaporean that does not want JB to progress. If you really want to know the master plan of iskandar project..... pls go to their office and check. It is really naive to say there are NO city planning for long term in Iskandar. As for the rest of your comment, i just want to say this. There will be no stopping now for JB to push forward whether singaporean like it or not. R & F will be here to stay. The Princess Cove project in Tanjung Puteri will be Hong Kong-based R&F maiden property development in Malaysia. R&F would be focusing on ensuring that the Princess Cove project becomes a new landmark not only in Johor but also Malaysia. However, JB is their main priority now. This is not only about high rise condo. The project will consist of a 5-star Hotel, Grade A office tower, skypark, club house, shopping malls and high-end luxury apartments, all nested within the 116-acre development. It will be a new landmark in JB, similar to what KL has in the Petronas Twin Towers, and will greet those who are coming to Johor via the Causeway. This is a wonderful beginning of the modernization process in JB. We should be bless on this development. Thank you R&F. I rest my case.
Confirm, double confirmed, chopped and stamped, cslong is definitely working for R&F.:biggrin:

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I am seeking opinions..

Is this a good time to buy a unit at Princess Cove??

I am planning to buy a 2 BR.. Should I buy now or wait for firesale, if there's any?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the only thing that will make Iskandar Project fail is...... Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong. If he suddenly change his mind not to support the HSR.....or withdrew all Singaporean interest in JB, that will be a disaster. So far, he is super friendly with Malaysian PM. Hope both of them can play golf more often. As long as Malaysia Singapore government both maintain this kind of relationship, iskandar will move forward. Doesnt matter 6 years or 9 years....the vision is clear.

Princess Cove is good. Have u bought one for yourself?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the only thing that will make Iskandar Project fail is...... Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong. If he suddenly change his mind not to support the HSR.....or withdrew all Singaporean interest in JB, that will be a disaster. So far, he is super friendly with Malaysian PM. Hope both of them can play golf more often. As long as Malaysia Singapore government both maintain this kind of relationship, iskandar will move forward. Doesnt matter 6 years or 9 years....the vision is clear.

Have you ever wondered about Najib's position Malaysia?.
Do you honestly think there will be political stability in Johore? Do you know most of the towns in Johore actually supported Opposition?
Yes, the Vision is there. That what I call hope. Dare to dream. Just like Vision 2020 which is more like a illusion. Are we anywhere near there? A vision unfortunately remain just a vision.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's stick to facts. But do not contradict yourself. Just 30 mins ago, you posted HSR will operate in 6 years. Then 10 mins later you posted 6 or 9 years doesn't matter. The vision is there. Imagine if I am buyer who bought on your 6 years statement and now you said otherwise. Do I feel pissed and ever to trust you again?
Be original. Don't cut and paste. It is not good to plagiarise. Check your facts first.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just why in my earlier thread, the unique development now in JB is royal involvement in Iskandar development. The Sultan is above politics in Malaysia. Regardless whether Opposition or current Government..... no one will stop (or dare to stop) iskandar development. The Sultan is really serious now. No more leg dragging like the previous Menteri Besar. I have repeated this many times.

Perhaps I like to remind you that the Sultan is not above the law. In Malaysia it is a constitutional monarch. The Sultan cannot do things as he please. There are protocols to follow. Yes, agree the Sultan is pushing for projects but here, he is doing it in his own personal capacity in developments and not as Sultan. These are totally 2 different things altogether.

May I also remind that the former Sultan got into trouble for a golf incident and that prompted Mahathir to push through a bill that even the Sultan can be charged in court?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should look at the mirror says this to yourself. You started first with ur news paper cutting and dare ask others not to plagiarise. Be original ...dont contradict yourself.

I linked it to the newspaper. I named my source of information.
Did you? Refer to your post #133?

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's stick to facts. But do not contradict yourself. Just 30 mins ago, you posted HSR will operate in 6 years. Then 10 mins later you posted 6 or 9 years doesn't matter. The vision is there. Imagine if I am buyer who bought on your 6 years statement and now you said otherwise. Do I feel pissed and ever to trust you again?
Be original. Don't cut and paste. It is not good to plagiarise. Check your facts first.

I am not sure if NPV or opportunity cost still factor in investment decisions. The decisions on an investment may differ if the HSR is ready in 6 yrs, or 9 yrs. No matter, I don't see rational people investing without a time horizon, with cslong's " it does not matter".

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never trust the Singapore newspaper report on Malaysian Property outlook. They just try to paint a bad picture of JB because hoping singaporean to buy properties / private condo in Singapore.

This I concur...Singapore reporter is living in fish bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.