• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Johor will become like Kelantan. Cheap food cheap items. Empty roads... more kampongs.. salary RM 800 a month the norm and enough to cover 5 kids etc

The singaporeans are always the one throwing all sorts of rubbish into JB. Otherwise, Johor is a very nice place for Johorians. I am quieting hoping they put the levy at RM 200 per day now

All businesses will survive in JB even with the decrease singaporean customers if they willing to reduce the price. Businesses needed to be "tuned" back to cater for Johorean. Johorean finally can get some cheaper services and goods.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bestest people who benefit indirectly are the bikers who bike in and out and those who take the supposed RTS back and forth. Back to basic. Those who lose big are those who drive in and out be it Spore or Malaysia cars.

Start taking trains if u haven't done so

Lol. I see what you did there brother. There's always naive people in this world. You are quite right. BNM just raised the OPR. With inflation creeping steadily n the impending GST, I am sure like you that prices in JB will go down. Hahahaha.

I am all for the VEP. However ,Same question like you. Whose pocket is the money going to enter? You can bet your last ringgit it ain't yours or mine.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bestest people who benefit indirectly are the bikers who bike in and out and those who take the supposed RTS back and forth. Back to basic. Those who lose big are those who drive in and out be it Spore or Malaysia cars.

wow PuteriWorld,

Kum sia kum sia for yr bestest idea.
How, how much n where to take train har:confused::*:

kum sia kum sia in advance

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow PuteriWorld,

on a recent visit to malacca, saw that a number of hawkers walk with a limp.
made me wonder about the safety of bikers in malaysia.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
A dumb statement. No one can have best of both world. Malaysian earn singapore dollar already evade tax in malaysia. The above reason concur that VEP only effect Malaysians and not Singaporean!

Oh dear, if you know so little about taxation matters, please keep quiet.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also not very sure as I haven't entered a train for a decade. Will start to collect SMRT maps. I read about season pass which is slightly above $100 only per month compared to the S$4000 I am paying for instalment, tax, petrol, ERA, parking, insurance now. If got urgent matter just hop into a cab or call for one. This should save us money in the long term. I probably take Causeway link into Bukit Indah from Jurong for massage and makan and shopping at Giant which is just next to bus interchange. I rem it was S$4 to and RM 5 from JB. RM15 to and fro is much better than RM 100 for tolls, petrol, wear and tear of car excluding VEP and avoid the risk of carjacked or windscreen smashed.

wow PuteriWorld,

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with this. You either earn RM 1500 in Malaysia and save RM0 or you earn S$1800/ month and save S$800. The govt of both sides are getting shrewd

Just why i say..... a person cannot enjoy the best of both world for long. U can escape paying income tax in Malaysia if u work in singapore......but u cannot escape other charges imposed on you such as VEP for staying in Malaysia. Is give and take.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, its really a double whammy for those SPRs.
They thought that by paying an exorbitant COE, they can drive their car in Singapore to earn SGD and continue to return daily to JB.
Now, from 1st Aug, they need to pay the new toll of RM16.50 for both ways in and out of JB, and later from Jan 2015, they need to pay another new VEP that was proposed at RM50.00.
So its an additional expense of RM$66.50 for a daily travel to work! Soon you will be seeing lots of people car pooling.
As for those Singaporeans going only for petrol, this group will be totally out. For those who chose to live in JB and those going over for shopping and leisure, they will probably reduce their travel.
The toll also affect buses so expect an increase in bus fares anytime soon.
Immediate impact will see very quiet shopping centres all over JB from August.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I particularly like your OPTIMISM! Have you ever considered becoming a Pastor?

A small price to pay for malaysian working in singapore. .... but will not be a big issue for them. Is really absurb to exaggerate the effect. I can bet with you that you are WRONG to say shopping centre will be quite in JB in August. Lets see next week Sunday in KSL whether it will be quite ....dare?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
A small price to pay for malaysian working in singapore. .... but will not be a big issue for them. Is really absurb to exaggerate the effect. I can bet with you that you are WRONG to say shopping centre will be quite in JB in August. Lets see next week Sunday in KSL whether it will be quite ....dare?

Whether its a small price to pay or not, big issue or not, those people directly affected will tell you and the results will be very obvious.
And whether shopping are quieter or not, you'll begin to hear the grouses from the shop owners and traders very soon.

And didn't I tell you earlier or that you had totally forgotten that there will be more to come???
And here they are and maybe even more to follow.
Don't you think all these new measures by the Federal coming one after another just for JB are not for nothing.
Can your MB do something about this, no? Or he fully endorse it?
A quieter shopping centres is only the beginning. Later, you will see sales of properties, both commercial and residential first being stalled and then taking a dip, a big dip!
Developers' / investors' confidence were already shaken in the earlier episodes and now with all these new implementations and developments, they will surely reconsider the prospect of their investment.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i said before, you're obviously not a trader or run a business earning Singdollar from daytrippers otherwise you won't be so happy. Aug come, traffic will drop by 20-30%, this one confirm one. I will just wait for the news in two weeks of the complaints from traders in JB. Anyway, it seems like you never drive to singapore, just stay in JB only. And you haven't bought your house. In this case, you really UNTUNG from the new vep+increase toll. So i suppose many johorean who don't work in singapore and commute daily, and those waitnig waiting for house price to drop must be very happy. try to exhibit a little bit less schadenfreude here would be nice :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether its a small price to pay or not, big issue or not, those people directly affected will tell you and the results will be very obvious.
And whether shopping are quieter or not, you'll begin to hear the grouses from the shop owners and traders very soon.

And didn't I tell you earlier or that you had totally forgotten that there will be more to come???
And here they are and maybe even more to follow.
Don't you think all these new measures by the Federal coming one after another just for JB are not for nothing.
Can your MB do something about this, no? Or he fully endorse it?
A quieter shopping centres is only the beginning. Later, you will see sales of properties, both commercial and residential first being stalled and then taking a dip, a big dip!
Developers' / investors' confidence were already shaken in the earlier episodes and now with all these new implementations and developments, they will surely reconsider the prospect of their investment.

JB could use some cooling. Prices stagnant for awhile is ok for the long term, even drop a bit is ok, rather than outright crash.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also not very sure as I haven't entered a train for a decade. Will start to collect SMRT maps. I read about season pass which is slightly above $100 only per month compared to the S$4000 I am paying for instalment, tax, petrol, ERA, parking, insurance now. If got urgent matter just hop into a cab or call for one. This should save us money in the long term. I probably take Causeway link into Bukit Indah from Jurong for massage and makan and shopping at Giant which is just next to bus interchange. I rem it was S$4 to and RM 5 from JB. RM15 to and fro is much better than RM 100 for tolls, petrol, wear and tear of car excluding VEP and avoid the risk of carjacked or windscreen smashed.

My company is going to launch a product in JB that will change the transport industry, from on the ground research we did, it looks promising when we implement in a few weeks/months. We are already starting to change vehicle ownership in SG.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
My company is going to launch a product in JB that will change the transport industry, from on the ground research we did, it looks promising when we implement in a few weeks/months. We are already starting to change vehicle ownership in SG.

Err.....catch no balls. Your company implementing GPS-based road charging in SG?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.....catch no balls. Your company implementing GPS-based road charging in SG?

Let's just say, we challenge global transportation industry as a whole. The one interesting for JB is cross border service which we are looking into. Simultaneously will launch HK/SZN service when we have more data. Exciting times coming!

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's just say, we challenge global transportation industry as a whole. The one interesting for JB is cross border service which we are looking into. Simultaneously will launch HK/SZN service when we have more data. Exciting times coming!

teleporting ? LOL

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see I see. So you are referring to the RTS. Quite challenging indeed esp the alignment, considering the need to be near JB Sentral, and yet with Princess Cove in the way. So your company has helped to develop the 27 options for Najib to choose......LOL....

I am hoping for an additional bridge built, adjacent to the RTS just for motorcyles, but I guess that's beyond commerce, and into politics liao.....

Status
Not open for further replies.