• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it becos of higher quantum for semi D and above or higher demand that drive the higher profits ?

It's the higher quantum but yah lor, higher risk, higher returns. For semi-d and above, while the profits may potentially be higher due to the higher quantum, the buyer pool is comparatively smaller.

After all, not many Singaporeans or Malaysians want to fork out > RM 1.6m for a semi-d, esp with comparatively higher interest rates. For eg, my Malaysian loan principal doesn't seem to get reduced much compared to my SG 1, mainly because of the higher interest.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol. Sure I am a fan. Just like I am a fan of Bung Mohktar who never fails to put a foot in his mouth on a regular basis. But of course I am just being mean n teasing you.

Apology accepted. I have to be a bigger man here too. My sincere apologies for name calling. But at least I can see you have since made progress to your intellectual discourse.

It's good to see there are others on one side of the spectrum and only u on the other end. Gives us hope that there maybe some good coming out of all this senseless development at the expense of the locals. Like I previously said n many others before me. No one is disputing progress n development is good. But at what cost?

If there is not enough economic activity to boost stagnant salaries n also population incease, all you are going to get is just white elephants dotting our already cluttered landscape.

You have yet to present ur facts on how the education system is going to retrain workers for the upcoming investment projects , nor have you considered the ill effects of having too many foreigners of different value systems staying in JB. You have also conveniently assume that development brings prosperity and progress when in reality the current boom is only profiting the already fat pockets of a few elite.

What you are seeing now is just old Singapore in the nineties. But with poorer governance, rampant corruption , higher crime rates n blatant racial incitement. If u really feel that jb will prosper you need to wear ur white shirt n pants, be an MP n bring about micro economic changes.

If u claim to be really in the know about the current market sentiment you will know without me telling u that housing n condo sales have slowed down alot n there is oversupply. We are just going to be another Abu Dhabi 3 years ago. At least they still have oil. Petronas is running out of oil to let the govt leech. Thats why recently the petronas CEO made that press statement.

We all live in a practical world. But do continue the dreaming cos it gives us poor mortals something to hope when we go to sleep

There will be no more white elephant in JB. Even the previous white elephant such as kemayan, best world and pacific mall are rejuvenated. There is just too many positive things happening to make ISkandar development fail. I agree there are poor governance and other social issues that need to be improved. You must understand that the current progress in iskandar area have force the police to be more alert and this is bcos the presssure from foreign investor. Without foreign investors and development, JB crime rates will not change or even get worst. The situation in JB now is like at the bottleneck, without development and progress, JB will go no where. However, with the current development, we still have hope and i strongly believe with the support and involvement of the Sultan, things will change for the better. Thank god he sold the land to the chinese developers. Just imagine, what will happen if these land are sold to middle-eastern developer? THere is no perfect solution to the problem face but i think iskandar development seems to be the only option left and i am very positive about it. Politicians now make a lot of noise about foreigners invading JB, but Sultan is above politics. He is doing his best for the state.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There will be no more white elephant in JB. Even the previous white elephant such as kemayan, best world and pacific mall are rejuvenated. There is just too many positive things happening to make ISkandar development fail. I agree there are poor governance and other social issues that need to be improved. You must understand that the current progress in iskandar area have force the police to be more alert and this is bcos the presssure from foreign investor. Without foreign investors and development, JB crime rates will not change or even get worst. The situation in JB now is like at the bottleneck, without development and progress, JB will go no where. However, with the current development, we still have hope and i strongly believe with the support and involvement of the Sultan, things will change for the better. Thank god he sold the land to the chinese developers. Just imagine, what will happen if these land are sold to middle-eastern developer? THere is no perfect solution to the problem face but i think iskandar development seems to be the only option left and i am very positive about it. Politicians now make a lot of noise about foreigners invading JB, but Sultan is above politics. He is doing his best for the state.

Like I said, you are still just conveniently saying that development brings about progress and prosperity to JB. You have to substantiate your argument on the salient points I raised on re-education of skilled workforce, lack of population boom to substantiate the demand for housing and lastly, the distribution of monies pocketed by the few elite on the masses to the poor folks like me.

Granted there is no perfect solution to immigration problems, but my question to you is.. Was there a need to invite such problems to our shores in the first place? Like I mentioned, I am ok with foreigners coming here to stay, but at what cost? They have different value systems and not suitable at all for local context. Look no further than Singapore. Why you want us locals to hit our heads against the wall when singaporean government have already demonstrated so? Look no further to the complaints against "curry cooking neighbours", loud mouthed, money grabbing PRC and last but not least butt loving ang mohs who are pro pink dot movement. Do you seriously look forward to the day your son/daughter says he/she is gay? And your child wants you to accept his/her gay marriage? If so, let us know now!.. We will attend the wedding..I will give you big ang pow too.

Already we are facing problems with foreign workers working in our JB factories.. there are already social problems between the indons, viets, nepalese, cambodians and bangladeshis. Its a real threat to the fabric of our society peacefulness. You seem to be blatantly ignorant of the dangers that lurk below when you champion for mass immigration policies.

On your comment on the white elephants of kemayan, pacific mall, best world and eye sore floating shopping mall, I beg you to change your thinking. You were not caught between a rock and hard place to service your bank loan and developer running away with your money. So don't for a second think in your ideal world that now , the malls are being bought over and redeveloped, the original shop owners are laughing all the way to the bank. You have no idea how many families finances were ruined by these developers who ran away.

In short, you are still young and full of ideals like I already pointed out. Try getting your finances stuck in one of these white elephant projects then you come tell me whether it's fun or not. You will always say that This Time Is Different..Blah Blah Blah.. But Like the Wise always say, the IGNORANT always never learn from history.

By the way, you have been avoiding everyone's question on what you are investing in the first place. In order to have a good argument on the property market, I think it's only fair you tell us which properties you are currently investing in. So at least we all know you are putting your money where your mouth is . "Walk the talk" Like they say,

If you are just "Talking strategy on paper", then best you bring your lofty ideals to people who are in the same situation as you.Just like BN.. NATO..

Cos seriously, there is no point for you to comment further when your hard earned money isn't on the line.. Your next reply had better state your current property purchases or else your credibility in this forum is gone. Your move..:biggrin:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you sidestep this question in your next reply. Shows how much of a mature discussion you are willing to to be in. I hope you prove me wrong.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Honestly I couldn't get your argument that it's better to have sold the land to Chinese than to Middle Easterns. Do you have any facts or is this just one of your made-up fantasy again? And honestly, the noise about foreigners invading JB is not by politicians. It's by us Johoreans..

Again, pls address my earlier post #292 before you take the easy way out to hoodwink people by answering this post #293. I am so eager to find out which property you have invested in.. I am sure I can learn a thing or two from you.. You said you wanted a mature discussion? You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.. hahahaha...

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan can sell land to foreigners, but Johorian cannot sell their properties to foreigners!!!! Correct me if I am wrong.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan can sell land to foreigners, but Johorian cannot sell their properties to foreigners!!!! Correct me if I am wrong.

In the first place how can he own so much land and sea space. Locals blame foreigners but forget to do internal check.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place how can he own so much land and sea space. Locals blame foreigners but forget to do internal check.
The landbanks were alienated to him by the State for a much much cheaper sum not so long ago according to news reports.
Also he is extremely close to the Lim Kang Hoo guy.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The landbanks were alienated to him by the State for a much much cheaper sum not so long ago according to news reports.

Personally, I can't really stomach what is happening in JB / Iskandar these past few months. Quite fed up seeing so much overbuilding.
It's somewhat similar to, for example, if i take a stake in a company, then find out every month they issuing a lot of new shares.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is similar to what Singapore government acquired large tracts of land in 1970s and 1980s for a dirt cheap price from owners by law, then resell at high prices in 1990s to present day.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is similar to what Singapore government acquired large tracts of land in 1970s and 1980s for a dirt cheap price from owners by law, then resell at high prices in 1990s to present day.

Big difference. The money goes to govt coffers in SG while it ended up in some private individual pocket in MY .

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I can't really stomach what is happening in JB / Iskandar these past few months. Quite fed up seeing so much overbuilding.
It's somewhat similar to, for example, if i take a stake in a company, then find out every month they issuing a lot of new shares.

A bit more about how close Lim kang Hoo and the Sultan's relationship.

The Sultan’s son crown prince Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim was appointed last August 2013 as chairman and non-independent non-executive director in another of Lim’s vehicle Knusford Bhd, a construction and heavy machinery company. Knusford’s CEO is Lim Keng Cheng, a nephew of Lim Kang Hoo.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big difference. The money goes to govt coffers in SG while it ended up in some private individual pocket in MY .

And after the sale, this individual made several other eye-catching moves in the corporate world. He has been acquiring shares in other existing businesses in deals worth more than RM600 million including Vincent Tan and Lim Kang Hoo's companies.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My advise to you is read my earlier threads since you are new in this forum. No point i repeat what i said earlier. Is normal to agree and disagree in any forum. However, i think is time you do some self reflection. You have not change much and i can see from your provocative comments. Your habits in thumbing others with mocking statements is really immature. This really shows your character. I have learn to refrain myself and trying to have a healthy discussion here. However, your agenda in this forum is just to shoot your amo at me which did not benefit the forumers/ readers here who wanted feedback on the project princess cove of R&F. If you sincerely want to contribute to this forum, tell us your opinion about this project. Not barking and mocking at others. The funny thing is your engross in what property i invested is really amazing. I think that is one reason why you are so magneted to me. Why not like this.....try to get all forumers to declare their assets here in this forum. You think this is the right thing to do? There are serious people here who wanted some feedback from us to help them decide whether princess cove is worth investing. So pls put your energy to help them. Few others and myself have stated our view clearly. If you wanted to proof that you are better than me and my point raise here is invalid. So be it. If winning an argument in this forum is so important, i can declare you the winner. No problem. You are a old timer in sammyboy forum (since 2014) and i am only a newbie. I rest my case.

Lol. Your kind advice taken. I may sound harsh n I apologize if you take it personally. Actually like I already said n so have others before me, you come across as someone with hidden agenda. I have read the earlier postings as you have advised and I only see you flip flop on your statements like the one on yaya Singaporeans n also the many forumers here who feel that you are r&f salesman? Haha. One does not need to have been an old timer in this forum to share their thoughts. I appreciate ur sarcasm.

I already expected you will try to evade the discussion at hand, so why are you not putting back ur points on the ongoing discussion on the prosperity n progress of jb? Hey you started the ball rolling n now u want to say now My posts are not relevant to the thread? Come on...

Again I refresh your memory. Pls tell us how the govt is going to retrain locals to be qualified to work in the so called mega investments like pinewood, edu city n medical hub, how is JB going to cope with mass immigration of workers with different value systems n lastly how is this property boom benefiting the locals when in fact it only fattens the wallet of the elite.

Your move. And hey, I am not gay so don't keep thinking I am magnetized to u or something. That sounds really wrong. Then again I think u will side step my three questions m go off tangent in ur next posting.

My take on R n F? Waste of time n money. Go for the free food every weekends though. At the rate they are spending on food n entertainment, I smell desperation. Unlike you, I am not even impressed by the project. I don't even know why you keep raving about it but you can tell others Eco world projects suck. Lol. For the same price, I rather make an intelligent choice n buy a bigger, landed property.

Status
Not open for further replies.