• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard about the buy and lease back policy.
Seems like its not yet well defined.

I would really worry if the China developers just sell the units without any central control over the tenant mix.
It would be disastrous

Have you ever wonder why suddenly so many Mainland Chinese developers decided to come to a tiny little city like JB all at the same time when there are more than two hundred much bigger cities in China to provide their service?
Think about it.
They are here NOT to provide any community service but just here to make their money, as much as possible, and leave.
All are first timer here and maybe also their first and last time.
Once the condos and shops units are completed and sold, everything will be left to some local management company to take over to run it.
How well it will be managed, the maintenance, security, welfare, et. will depends on the management fees, sinking fund collected and also reputation of the company appointed.
As for commercial area, it'll be trickier to ensure and control even tenant/ business mix within the complex when shop units are all individual strata title.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever wonder why suddenly so many Mainland Chinese developers decided to come to a tiny little city like JB all at the same time when there are more than two hundred much bigger cities in China to provide their service?
Think about it.
They are here NOT to provide any community service but just here to make their money, as much as possible, and leave.
All are first timer here and maybe also their first and last time.
Once the condos and shops units are completed and sold, everything will be left to some local management company to take over to run it.
How well it will be managed, the maintenance, security, welfare, et. will depends on the management fees, sinking fund collected and also reputation of the company appointed.
As for commercial area, it'll be trickier to ensure and control even tenant/ business mix within the complex when shop units are all individual strata title.

Plenty of hot money flowing in as there's restriction in major towns to buy 2nd property in China.
It is what we call diversification of extra cash.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China developers on general are very aggressive. Some developer is targeting sales target that maybe quite difficult to hit. The over-borrowing for expansion can be a killer if a "Murphy Law" event happen.

Hence when I invest, I prefer to deal with local developer so all affecting factors are localised.

To buy a Malaysia property with a China developer, one may be affected by the events happening in both Malaysia and China. Either country markets tanked, the developer may default.

Imagine if China market tanked and Malaysia boom. The china developer will be busy putting off fire in their home, hence completing your condo may not be the primary task anymore.

Anyway this is what I prefer, a lot of people love to take uncalculated risk..... Please go ahead and be my guest.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If China tanked, it is more reason to complete the Malaysia project, hand over to home owner, repatriate sales proceeds to handle the problem back home. Money can solve problem.
China developers on general are very aggressive. Some developer is targeting sales target that maybe quite difficult to hit. The over-borrowing for expansion can be a killer if a "Murphy Law" event happen.

Hence when I invest, I prefer to deal with local developer so all affecting factors are localised.

To buy a Malaysia property with a China developer, one may be affected by the events happening in both Malaysia and China. Either country markets tanked, the developer may default.

Imagine if China market tanked and Malaysia boom. The china developer will be busy putting off fire in their home, hence completing your condo may not be the primary task anymore.

Anyway this is what I prefer, a lot of people love to take uncalculated risk..... Please go ahead and be my guest.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
R & F has been downgraded to BB- by S&P. See Straits Times on 16th Sept.

According to S&P definition(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_%26_Poor's), anything below BBB is non investment grade or speculative grade. In short, junk status.

There is a lot of warning given by forumers about this developer. Buy at your own risk.

R and F.jpg

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how will the news impact R&F Princess Cove now that Bukit Chagar is confirmed to be the site..

Guess that big plot of land (currently used for open carpark, opposite JBCC KOMTAR) will be the confirmed site..

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the latest news, PCove has become less attractive to me and will hold on for other development.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how will the news impact R&F Princess Cove now that Bukit Chagar is confirmed to be the site..

Guess that big plot of land (currently used for open carpark, opposite JBCC KOMTAR) will be the confirmed site..

Sales here obviously had slowed down, whatever the reasons.
Was here yesterday with a friend to make some enquiries, noticed many salespeople were quite free moving around.
Noticed there are many Malay visitors instead, many were families while some came in large groups of young people who were more interested in taking pictures around the showroom.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You mean after all the sales talk and how great this project is, blah blah blah, the site of the MRT is somewhere else?

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Chagar chosen as final transit terminal
By SIM BAK HENG - 20 September 2014 @ 8:06 AM

JOHOR BARU: JOHOR has decided that the terminating station or last stop for the Rapid Transit System (RTS) from Singapore to be located at Bukit Chagar here.

The site, where the former Bukit Chagar flats were located, was deemed to be the top choice of the public from a list of four preferred locations polled during the Iskandar Malaysia Comprehensive Development Plan Open Day in September last year.

The other three candidates were
Tanjung Puteri, JB Sentral 1 and JB Sentral 2.

The Bukit Chagar RTS Terminal will have its own Customs and Immigration clearance facilities and will not be sharing with existing facilities at the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex at the Sultan Iskandar Building (SIB).

Speaking to the New Straits Times here, state Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said Johor had only a single proposal as to the location of the RTS terminal.

“It is now up to Singapore to list their choice as there is still no indication as to the final alignment of the RTS from a total of three options.

“I don’t know why the
republic is holding back,
knowing that the project will
benefit travellers from both sides
of the causeway.”

Singapore’s options of RTS alignment are to build it parallel to the causeway and above the ground; parallel to the causeway and underground; or diagonally opposite the causeway.

Whichever alignment is chosen, it is understood that the RTS from
Singapore is an extension of the republic’s Thomson Line which will have its northern most station to be located at Woodlands North.

In other words, once the 43km line is constructed, it will be linked directly to the Bukit Chagar RTS Terminal.

Meanwhile, Hasni said the location of the Bukit Chagar RTS Terminal would make the function of the CIQ Complex at the SIB more comprehensive.

This, he said, was because the terminal would be linked to the SIB.

“The site was chosen after many discussions and debates on its
long-term economic and social considerations.

“Moreover, the location has also turned out to be the most popular choice of the people during the poll.

“Land acquisition for the RTS project in Johor Baru has been completed and rail alignment at the Johor Baru side has also been decided.

“I believe Singapore will announce their alignment soon.”

Datuk Hasni Mohammad says Bukit Chagar is the most popular choice, according to public polls

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several developments with tanjung puteri as the target rts site will surely be affected. QUOTE=Funniman;2006974]You[ mean after all the sales talk and how great this project is, blah blah blah, the site of the MRT is somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several developments with tanjung puteri as the target rts site will surely be affected. QUOTE=Funniman;2006974]You[ mean after all the sales talk and how great this project is, blah blah blah, the site of the MRT is somewhere else?
Bukit Chagar and Tanjung Puteri is quite a distance. How is the residents going to the RTS terminal? If hv to take bus, might as well walk across the causeway. So R&F providing free bus shuttle?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do I have a funny (err.. no pun intended) feeling that the RTS station location may be changed again in future? Hmmmmm!

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read the article carefully, Singapore must also agree to the chosen site. There is still a chance that Bukit Chagar is replaced.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do I have a funny (err.. no pun intended) feeling that the RTS station location may be changed again in future? Hmmmmm!

There maybe more suitable large tracts of development land to be sold that can be used as the Terminal...:smile:
But one thing for sure...there's no more incentives to lobby for the existing developments.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read the article carefully, Singapore must also agree to the chosen site. There is still a chance that Bukit Chagar is replaced.

Not true if you read the report carefully. SG just needs to agree with the alignment, 1 out of 3 options, and not the JB location. In April 14 it was mentioned that both sides have accepted the consultant Aecom's report.

Now since JB has decided on Bukit Chagar (provided it's really so, as only NST & China Press have reported the news), both sides just need to confirm the alignment, based on the alignment options provided.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There maybe more suitable large tracts of development land to be sold that can be used as the Terminal...:smile:
But one thing for sure...there's no more incentives to lobby for the existing developments.

alamak. after chcking the maps i think the site is at the rumah barkat bukit chagar that side, opposite serene park and lion hotel. paragon suite is just across the road, it was the first project i was looking in jb more than 1.5 years back, never took the plunge. chaaaayy, wasted. :smile:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak. after chcking the maps i think the site is at the rumah barkat bukit chagar that side, opposite serene park and lion hotel. paragon suite is just across the road, it was the first project i was looking in jb more than 1.5 years back, never took the plunge. chaaaayy, wasted. :smile:

Actually I think the Bukit Chagar site & the 3 alignment options are v clear now. Maybe option 1 & 2 alignment need to change a bit.......see pic below....

RTS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.