• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you implying that charging a minimal $8 on singaporean car will make singaporean not invest in JB? Singaporeans that are invested in JB are mostly middle class and above. So no issue at all. As for RnF, if singaporean choose to take MRT to JB, they will not be affected at all.

Again like to make sweeping statements again this guy. Got so much reputation points but like to generalize things. Makes me wonder if reputation points is an indication of naive. More points means more naive? Haha all the tai kor don't zap me ok?anyway I been long enough in sammyboy forum to know how it works. It used to be abused like hell but had since undergone revamp about 2 yrs back. We were upping each other n zapping idiots like mad back then. So pls my dear salesman dont act like smart Alec with me. I don't give a shit about points cos they mean nothing. Ur measly 63 points I can get within five mins if I got friends in high places.obviously I don't have now so U can carry on ur silly boasting.

I know for a fact, again I say fact cos I have friends n distant relatives who are single n staying with their parents. They are low class income n they buy property in jb. Granted its not expensive n high class like ur beloved R n F, overall they bought 250k to 300k terrace two to three years back. Exchange back to sgd only less than sgd100 to 120k. They rent out their hdb for sgd 2-4k n its enough to pay installment. Plus govt medical is so cheap in jb. Their parents get cheaper treatment here. Again ur point is flawed n generalizing again as usual. . Come la u up me points and give me chance to up u back la since u like to collect points.

In short mr salesman, yes the VEP at Malaysia will affect Singaporeans staying here.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You just expose yourself as a hater! my advise, learn to improve your reputation. try again.

Hahaha. At first say l love you. Now say I hate you?! Aiyo. Pls la. You want gay men go chow kit la. I neither love or hate you for the record. Not worth my time investing any emotions. I got much more productive things to do. If I didn't know better i think you are secretly happy someone is paying attention to your posts. Hahaa.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok gentlemen before I get falsely accused by mr 63 pts salesman for not contributing to this thread lets have an intelligent guess when the MRT next to r n f will be up.

A) before or same time as TOP
B) 3 years after TOP
C) 10 years after TOP
D)MRT? What MRT?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, one factor which is contributing to Johor Economy is Cheap items compared to Singapore market.

If one need to pay RM 20 daily to enter JB, its definitely not cheap considering the tolls and levy and petrol and distance and time all involved. If I need to buy somethings which saves me RM 5000 maybe I will consider. Daily trips to Giants etc just to save RM 100 I wont go because Petrol + RM 20 levy + toll is about RM 100 already. Save what ?

There are thousands of Spore cars which depends on JB for car wash and petrol. These are the people who will sell cars first. Good in a way.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, one factor which is contributing to Johor Economy is Cheap items compared to Singapore market.

If one need to pay RM 20 daily to enter JB, its definitely not cheap considering the tolls and levy and petrol and distance and time all involved. If I need to buy somethings which saves me RM 5000 maybe I will consider. Daily trips to Giants etc just to save RM 100 I wont go because Petrol + RM 20 levy + toll is about RM 100 already. Save what ?

There are thousands of Spore cars which depends on JB for car wash and petrol. These are the people who will sell cars first. Good in a way.

The trend is changing. No one goes just for grocery shopping alone. That are all looking for a package trip. Shopping, dining and most of all to get some space and air. Not all go to JB alone, some go beyond. Therefore RM sense savings is not the only criteria.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trend is changing. No one goes just for grocery shopping alone. That are all looking for a package trip. Shopping, dining and most of all to get some space and air. Not all go to JB alone, some go beyond. Therefore RM sense savings is not the only criteria.

Not true. There's a sizeable community of penny pinchers. You just need to travel weekly to/from SG to see these pple in action.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

The past year or so, I've been going JB once or twice a week to relak-relak.
I won't be going JB so often anymore once the RM20 toll is implemented.
Might go once a month, but it'll be straight to KL for longer weekend holidays.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. There's a sizeable community of penny pinchers. You just need to travel weekly to/from SG to see these pple in action.

That is true. I concur. I am one of them, too. it just feels good to just drive over and things are cheaper. the RM20 cover charge leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 is real minimal (like nothing ...merely $8). I was hoping at least RM50. Anyway, with Rm20 rate, both sides are comfortable.

i won't pay 20RM twice a week just to go JB pump petrol, buy cigg, makan, lim kopi.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Approximately 700% inc. Ex or cheap?

i wonder if this VEP apply only to singapore car ? how about thai car? thai car drive in from thailand, no charge. then this thai car drive in to singapore. spend some time here. then drive into jb. got charge or not? :smile:
my guess is no, right?
so johor state only want to screw s-plate drivers. well done!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logically it should be all international cars. I hope not just target singapore car.

ok, apologies there. I read somewhere yesterday only s-plate. but when i checked against newspapers (today straits time), it only say "foreign registered". But the north side (Thai) confirmed no VEP. So basically, you know i know is target s-plate. this kind of fee is not good for iskandar, i tell you. people happy happy drive over spend money, state impose "cover charge".

you better lobby your good friend wee ka siong to change his stance.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, apologies there. I read somewhere yesterday only s-plate. but when i checked against newspapers (today straits time), it only say "foreign registered". But the north side (Thai) confirmed no VEP. So basically, you know i know is target s-plate. this kind of fee is not good for iskandar, i tell you. people happy happy drive over spend money, state impose "cover charge".

you better lobby your good friend wee ka siong to change his stance.

It is alrready in the news that VEP would be implemented effective end 2014 and only for Singapore registered cars. I heard it over the radio this morning. The amount is not decided yet.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot wor brother. he keep thinking he's DA MAN here in this forum and he always right.. Someone's got to be the bad guy and put him in the right place. But come on.. deleting his previous posts is sooo sneaky don't you agree? :P

haha... whoa man.. seriously i had nothing to do with it. but hwhoever it was... it was pretty sneaky!! just had coupla jugs... feelign lightheaded !! xcuse the typing!

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just got to drive over to JB btw 12-4am and Shell station is always full house with slippers/shorts patrons who looked as if they were forced to pump petrol in JB. After pumping they U-turn to head back to Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.