• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly suspect there's some creative accounting in this project. Why? Because even the whole of the North-East MRT line had only cost S$4.6b and with so much of it being also underground.

Construction cost is a small part. It is the 'land cost' that contributes to the $4.3b I guess.... Just like building loss-making HDB flats on 'valuable land'.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Construction cost is a small part. It is the 'land cost' that contributes to the $4.3b I guess.... Just like building loss-making HDB flats on 'valuable land'.
Land cost?:confused: I thought the MCE is entirely underground as well? So, that's why I'd say Creative Accounting because most of the "land cost" would have gone back to SLA, the "left hand to right hand" approach.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land cost?:confused: I thought the MCE is entirely underground as well? So, that's why I'd say Creative Accounting because most of the "land cost" would have gone back to SLA, the "left hand to right hand" approach.

SLA 'cost out' the MCE project to LTA I guess? Haha........

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly suspect there's some creative accounting in this project. Why? Because even the whole of the North-East MRT line had only cost S$4.6b and with so much of it being also underground.

Construction through seawater adds to the cost. The coastal land soil is soft too. Foundation work is more expensive.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
When is the proposed ground breaking.?
Seems like its quite a crowded zone. The construction is gonna create quite a lot of headache to the traffic situation over there.
Thought it would be better coming from the republic poly and just go directly over. That area is less developed so I would think that it would be an easier path.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When is the proposed ground breaking.?
Seems like its quite a crowded zone. The construction is gonna create quite a lot of headache to the traffic situation over there.
Thought it would be better coming from the republic poly and just go directly over. That area is less developed so I would think that it would be an easier path.

Since the news broke out on this RTS Terminal, this R&F thread has a new project. It is an Ostrich Farm...:biggrin: :biggrin:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is in Singapore's court now. Josephine must be brainstorming it now on top of the toll charges. Peter Lim's site is much further for the jb RTS station. One must remember peter lim has a remiser's mindset. Those who deal with dealers will know.
Construction through seawater adds to the cost. The coastal land soil is soft too. Foundation work is more expensive.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Located next to the upcoming Singapore-Malaysia Tanjung Puteri MRT Interchange" in all their media announcement!
Is that cheating big time???

i actually feel quite bad for R&F buyers who thought they would be paying for an integrated MRT/ mixed dev't like jurong point.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who knows, there may be 2 stations. One at tanjung puteri and the terminating station at bukit Chagall :biggrin:
Looking at the current road system, looks difficult to built the track to bukit Chagall under the 3 options, unless underground. Well, otherwise wld be through Jln lingkaran dalam go all the way up and then cut in to bukit Chagall. Anyone's guess.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who knows, there may be 2 stations. One at tanjung puteri and the terminating station at bukit Chagall :biggrin:
Looking at the current road system, looks difficult to built the track to bukit Chagall under the 3 options, unless underground. Well, otherwise wld be through Jln lingkaran dalam go all the way up and then cut in to bukit Chagall. Anyone's guess.
Not possible. Otherwise, how to control immigration for those alighting and boarding at Tanjong Puteri?

The ideal way is to make use of the existing KTM track and build an additional track beside the existing one (as the trains will run bidirectional) and electrify them. After all, the KTM trains will be quite redundant once the RTS is in operation and even so when the HSR is up and running. During the interim period until the HSR is ready, passengers going beyond JB can change from RTS to KTM at JB Sentral. The above are just my own views.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Located next to the upcoming Singapore-Malaysia Tanjung Puteri MRT Interchange" in all their media announcement!
Is that cheating big time???

For this, developer already "marked-up" their selling price..
Pity the buyers who bought for the main reason thinking that the station is just next door

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
And also those unscrupulous local salesmen.

And those salesmen are now sticking their heads in the sand hoping the problems would go away.
Imagine the tag line is "Stay in JB, take train to work in Spore".
If that is the sole objective of buying this condo, how would he feel having to pay mortgage every month and not serving the purpose. Most likely these projects would be accelerated to be ghost cities in record time.

Status
Not open for further replies.