• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sentosa Cove

Good place.
Freehold lagi. Non commercial use. Better value.

Unlike in Malaysia, some land freehold but limited for commercial use. That's y only can build service apartments.
In commercial use land, the utilitiy bills eg electricity and water, council assessment rates also much higher.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something about commercial land title and residential land title.

Residential land titles enable you to get financing rates and longer tenure at residential loan packages, normally at 90% loan.
Commercial land titles normally have higher assessment rates, quit rent and electricity and water bills at commercial rates which is more expensive.
In the past, you would need a commercial loan to finance a service apartment built on commercial land. And the tenure would normally be shorter and usually 70% loan. Not all banks offer commercial loans for private properties. I know Alliance Bank do not finance such loan in the past but not sure nowadays.

With the latest Bank Negara tight lending rules, can residential loan can be applied to commercial properties? Best to check it out before you sign on the dotted line.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many Sporeans are never good as it means the prices will shoot up and the place become congest. Wait the Johor Govt put up an ERP gantry along Jalan Tebrau and Jalan Skudai to charge Singaporean motorist how? Afterall its the norm to pay in Singapore so it doesn't make any difference to pay ERP in Johor except that its in RM

Lets go check at the shopping centre in JB this weekend. Singaporeans sure coming in like normal again. Dont believe me? U can check it out yourself this weekend. I am going to KSL again.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many Sporeans are never good as it means the prices will shoot up and the place become congest. Wait the Johor Govt put up an ERP gantry along Jalan Tebrau and Jalan Skudai to charge Singaporean motorist how? Afterall its the norm to pay in Singapore so it doesn't make any difference to pay ERP in Johor except that its in RM

It will hit the businesses really badly when Singapore matches the toll, especially once GST is applied from 1 Apr 2015. We should get ready to see more businesses failing next year in southern Johor. The new shops and malls (including integrated mall-condo) may not take off until several years later, so it is likely we see large sections of deserted new areas. I hope it doesn't affect your investments :wink:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a few malls are being planned.
Think they might be adversely impacted.
I think there currently abandoned shopping centres night likely become that way for a while longer.
Malaysia govt really can't make it.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will hit the businesses really badly when Singapore matches the toll, especially once GST is applied from 1 Apr 2015. We should get ready to see more businesses failing next year in southern Johor. The new shops and malls (including integrated mall-condo) may not take off until several years later, so it is likely we see large sections of deserted new areas. I hope it doesn't affect your investments :wink:

some projects may not even go ahead due to sentiment.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets go check at the shopping centre in JB this weekend. Singaporeans sure coming in like normal again. Dont believe me? U can check it out yourself this weekend. I am going to KSL again.

I'm not sure about this weekend..
Just last Saturday late afternoon I went to KSL
Upon arrival I went straight for car washing first.. No need to Q and the whole shop only 2 cars.. 1 cleaning dry another 1 was my car..
The supervisor kept asking me whether want polish & wax, and I can see his employee all very free (3 workers wash 1 car)
Look over to Ah Wee car accessories.. on 2 cars (usually full of cars)

After that went into KSL shopping.. it seems the crowd dropped at least 20-30% than usual

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Malaysian side will impose a VEP of RM50 by the end of this year, then I think the progress of JB will be delayed by at least 3 years or more. And ironically, within these 3 years, thousands of condos will be ready for occupation, so how?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
very strange that experienced developers are still bullish despite the tolls and potential oversupply ... let's hope they know something that we don't !

Maybe Walker Group looked at the recent Causeway/Tuas jams and realised thatn >75% are SG plated cars. Haha..... Actually in Iskandar, its the PRs & locals who are driving the purchases. The Singaporeans have long turned cautious liao.....

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Walker Group looked at the recent Causeway/Tuas jams and realised thatn >75% are SG plated cars. Haha..... Actually in Iskandar, its the PRs & locals who are driving the purchases. The Singaporeans have long turned cautious liao.....

locals buying in anticipation of RTS and HSR ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
locals buying in anticipation of RTS and HSR ?

Maybe in anticipation of RTS & GST hike. Just go on a weekend to R&F showroom. Hardly any SG plated cars. Mostly MY cars..... Most PRs will drive SG cars back to their house, & drive their MY cars out 1.....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting ... wonder are jb local are considering this prop becos they think they can easily flip to singaproean or malaysian earning singdollar.?

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyer for self stay make sense...than pay rent in sg.
Buyer waiting for msian work in sg to rent from them...cannot depend...this group of msian willing to work and stay in between border are super saver...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyer for self stay make sense...than pay rent in sg.
Buyer waiting for msian work in sg to rent from them...cannot depend...this group of msian willing to work and stay in between border are super saver...

For Malaysian buyers, just to add that quite a no of condo buyers (for self stay) come from other states like KL, Penang, Kuantan, Ipoh, Sarawak, Sabah etc. These buyers think they may not mind staying in JB & commuting to SG.

The local Johoreans still prefer their terraces for self-stay, though they may buy condo for investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.