• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, you are spot on!

After collecting his billions in Dec 2013, almost immediately
he bought 20% of Berjaya Times Square and 15% of MOL Access Portal- prelisting funding(going to be listed in Nasdaq this year.. sure make more $$$ when it goes for listing in US). Both have links to tycoon Vincent Tan. He is not just making tons of $$$ but also with incredible speed too. Where got time to clean up drainage system and dirty water in Johor. Might as well leave it to developers to clean them up since they are going to reclaim land anyway and pass on the cost to investors in Puteri Cove and Danga Bay..

Talking about reclamation, the Federal Govt has assured Singapore that no reclamation is taking place for its two controversial projects .. Forest City and Puteri Cove until further notice...

KL has reassured Singapore over reclamation concerns: MFA

Looks like Federal Govt and Johor are in logger heads. As a Malaysian, it is very dishearten to see that greed has overtaken common sense....

The Sultan is indeed working very hard.
Just only last month, the original draft of the Johor Housing & Real Property Board Bill 2014 actually gives the sultan executive power to appoint board members, dissolve the board and oversees its account. But last minute, the Federal government got wind of it, strongly opposed to it and denied that appointment. And now, the Federal must be watching over this like a hawk!
Just this week, the State was "forced" to implement a special tax, with immediate effect, on the developers for the new land reclaimation at 30 sen per sq ft and is expected to collect about RM104 million! Now, do you think this new surprise will make the developers very happy?? After collecting his Billions, do you think the sultan would do anything to "help" the developers?
So much for good planning!.
If the sultan really wanted to do something good for the state, I think he should immediately order the clean-up of the dirty Johor Straits, thats provided he has the will and the means.
It took Singapore some 20 years to clean up the Singapore River and it cost hundreds of millions to clean the sources and feeders that run into the river - clearing up all the pig and chicken farming, resettlement of kampongs without modern sanitation, relocation of all roadside hawkers and open air wet market into purpose built hawkers centres and markets etc.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forrest City have nothing to do with R&F Princess Cove. However, on sidenote, I agree that Fed Gov and Johor are in logger head. To be frank, i am dissappointed with the Federal Gov who is trying to stop or harrass the development of JB. Why are they taking their own sweet time and deliberately delaying the approval? Such action obstructs the state's development. We johorean are behind you, your highness! At the end the Sultan will prevail.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forrest City have nothing to do with R&F Princess Cove. However, on sidenote, I agree that Fed Gov and Johor are in logger head. To be frank, i am dissappointed with the Federal Gov who is trying to stop or harrass the development of JB. Why are they taking their own sweet time and deliberately delaying the approval? Such action obstructs the state's development. We johorean are behind you, your highness! At the end the Sultan will prevail.

You still don't get the point, it not just simple loggerhead.
With all those new up-market development, the last thing Federal govt want to see is JB becoming another Penang with large enclaves of Chinese living together.
This is bad news for the ruling party and Dr M had already said it out loud!
Already in the last election, the ruling party had lost more seats in the state, with the former MB losing his own seat, to the opposition.
Well, you can certainly rally behind your idol but just be careful not to get too near to the royal behind.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still don't get the point, it not just simple loggerhead.
With all those new up-market development, the last thing Federal govt want to see is JB becoming another Penang with large enclaves of Chinese living together.
This is bad news for the ruling party and Dr M had already said it out loud!
Already in the last election, the ruling party had lost more seats in the state, with the former MB losing his own seat, to the opposition.
Well, you can certainly rally behind your idol but just be careful not to get too near to the royal behind.

Very true. There's a big possibility that Johore would fall. The last time it was the rural votes that saved Najib. The urban towns all voted for opposition. And in event the worst case scenario, Spore would have to review its position on any form of cooperation without Najib.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets be realistic. No matter how dissatisfied urban citizen on the government, the current BN government wont fall. Why? Unless there are structural change in the electoral system. Election Commission is BN last bastion. SO you think BN will fall? The real point is, the government cannot openly challenge and oppose the Sultan. SO, nothing is going to stop the development in JB now. Not even Najib.

Isn't the recent action by Federal to block the sultan from having executive powers to preside over Johor Housing & Real Property Board a direct intervention.
And you really think the totally newly created special tax on reclaimation and its immediate implementation comes from the state?
With the construction of Country Garden going on, you are beginning to see more and more Mainland Chinese workers in JB on their day off.
When things are in full swing, they will probably be flooding all over every city corner.
All Federal need to do is restrict or worse deny entry of these workers and that will be enough to frustrate the developers.
If a special tax can be implement without notice, what else they can't do, after all immigration is Federal's jurisdiction.
Just watch the saga unveil slowly.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't the recent action by Federal to block the sultan from having executive powers to preside over Johor Housing & Real Property Board a direct intervention.
And you really think the totally newly created special tax on reclaimation and its immediate implementation comes from the state?
With the construction of Country Garden going on, you are beginning to see more and more Mainland Chinese workers in JB on their day off.
When things are in full swing, they will probably be flooding all over every city corner.
All Federal need to do is restrict or worse deny entry of these workers and that will be enough to frustrate the developers.
If a special tax can be implement without notice, what else they can't do, after all immigration is Federal's jurisdiction.
Just watch the saga unveil slowly.

Yeah saw PRC construction workers in Country garden and R&F area. Country garden got PRC sales persons too, met one who was very keen and professional, like a breath of fresh air.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you ask me..... i will say.... We WELCOME PRC people in JB. This will add diversity in JB. I agree, their sales person are good. Their marketing exec ladies are even more nice. Really polite and pretty. I have no problem with them. If i am single, i may try to date one of them too....super friendly.

If you see prc behave in sg today.. i bet you would say otherwise..

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird.....what you are repeating here is really non issues. The tax impose is small peanut to developer. Having more mainland chinese in JB is not a bad thing for me. Restrict and deny entry of PRC workers wont happen too (replace them with indon?). Why would a government do this to frustrate the royal family in JB? If Xiamen University from PRC can set up a campus in malaysia, anything is possible in JB. I hope to see some other China University setting up their campus in Educity too.

Unfortunately you are NOT the government, all your little wishes may all just remain as little wishes.
Putrajaya is now getting very noisy and extremely uncomfortable about the development issue in JB, with Dr M being the most vocal.
Don't dismiss this old man as spent bullet, he is still very active and influential.
A stop work order on the reclaimation is only the beginning where in this case, Sg actually unwittingly became the bad guy.
Just in case you still don't know yet, read this -
http://www.malaysia-today.net/saying-foreign-threat-real-pas-urges-dr-m-to-speak-up-on-iskandar/
More to come.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope to see ang moh too. JB city is really lacking of ang moh. Look at the positive side. Dont generalise ur statement saying all PRC people are bad. I see many singaporeans acting yaya in JB too. Some even throw money in the Pub. Thinking they are damn big in JB. End up kena bash up. I did work under a singaporean boss too. He act as he is the Emperor in Qin Dynasty. Anyway i still like singaporean coming to JB bcos knowing not all singaporean are yaya.

How you know they are Singaporeans? People behave ya ya; you saw their passport? It has happened before in this forum and outside - Malaysians mistaken as Singaporeans. When come to bad behaviours; very fast to assume Sporean.

The PRC sales person is so different from the PRC import quality we see in Spore in recent years.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you ask me..... i will say.... We WELCOME PRC people in JB. This will add diversity in JB. I agree, their sales person are good. Their marketing exec ladies are even more nice. Really polite and pretty. I have no problem with them. If i am single, i may try to date one of them too....super friendly.

i preferred the cute and pretty JB sales girl who showed me around CG last year. :smile: you go with PRC, suddenly one day you find she took all your house, money and possessions!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
the problem is that iskandar looking more and more like a poisoned chalice.. sentiment on the ground re property investment here seems to have turned sour (from what i hear).

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy for retirement or own stay in a reputed gated and guarded is still Ok. If go in with that mindset then the strategy is still valid.
If for flipping than really have to think very hard about entry into iskandar now.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sunday, I was at a Car Accessories shop and tiakong, those sales persons in Country Garden are not paid basic salaries, but only from commissions. Also, some of their contractors (especially those lorry drivers delivering sands) are being owed payments. Tiakong only ah.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy for retirement or own stay in a reputed gated and guarded is still Ok. If go in with that mindset then the strategy is still valid.
If for flipping than really have to think very hard about entry into iskandar now.

Cant earn a lot by flipping also by entering the market now, unless buying semi-d & above. At most, the net earning should be around RM 100K for most flippers of properties < semi-d? That's not really a lot, when converted to SGD. Cant even buy a COE.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant earn a lot by flipping also by entering the market now, unless buying semi-d & above. At most, the net earning should be around RM 100K for most flippers of properties < semi-d? That's not really a lot, when converted to SGD. Cant even buy a COE.

Is it becos of higher quantum for semi D and above or higher demand that drive the higher profits ?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a good sign. If majority buy to flip..... than it will make many project be a ghost town later. Let genuine buyer buy. Now is not good for short term investment. Iskandar investment is for long term.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
How you know they are Singaporeans? People behave ya ya; you saw their passport? It has happened before in this forum and outside - Malaysians mistaken as Singaporeans. When come to bad behaviours; very fast to assume Sporean.

The PRC sales person is so different from the PRC import quality we see in Spore in recent years.

IN my case, i saw their passports because they happen to be my colleagues in my previous job.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IN my case, i saw their passports because they happen to be my colleagues in my previous job.

I thought you saw many Singaporeans acting yaya in JB. So the many are your colleagues in your previous job. Then I also can say I saw many Malaysians acting yaya in Singapore. They are my colleagues in my previous job.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sunday, I was at a Car Accessories shop and tiakong, those sales persons in Country Garden are not paid basic salaries, but only from commissions. Also, some of their contractors (especially those lorry drivers delivering sands) are being owed payments. Tiakong only ah.

I heard from the PRC sales person that she is paid a basic salary and given free accommodation in JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.