• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this confirmed? That will damage Singapore's standing as a medical treatment hub.

Apologies. This just my own thoughts. But i strongly believe it will happen coz Temasek co-owns part of Medini Wellness Village with Msia State Govt.
They would like to make it a success as they too profits from it. Lower Overheads & seriously our Current Govt Hospitals needs a Breather!!! Cant cope!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Sultan welcomes more foreign investors
3 JULY 2014 @ 5:36 PM

JOHOR BARU: The Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ismail Sultan Iskandar today welcomed the entry of more foreign investments to the state.

The entry of foreign investments could change the landscape of the state, besides providing benefits from the economic and job opportunities to the rakyat in the long term, the Sultan said.

The Johor Sultan consented to officiate at the groundbreaking ceremony for the Princess Cove project in Tanjung Puteri here, being developed by R&F Properties Co Ltd, a property developer based in China.

On the project, Sultan Ibrahim said it would become the landmark that the rakyat could be proud of in Johor Baru.

“I am thankful to R&F Properties as the company has the confidence in the investment potential in Johor Baru. It is hoped that this investment would generate profits to the company,” said the Sultan.

The project, which is locatedopposite Singapore’s Woodland immigration complex and in close proximity to the Johor Causeway, will become the new landmark here similar to what Kuala Lumpur has in the Petronas Twin Towers.

The project will have twin skyscrapers, one of which will be a grade A office tower while the other will feature a five-star hotel.

R&F Properties Director-General, Sales and Marketing, Fairus Cheung, told reporters later that the first phase of the project involved the construction of 15 blocks of high-end condominiums comprising 3,200 residential units as well as a three-storey shopping complex which is scheduled for completion in 2017.

“Since the opening of the sales office to visitors last month, some 30,000 registrations have been received from buyers from Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Japan and Indonesia,” he said.

The whole project is expected to be completed in five phases until 2022.

R&F Properties, which is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, bought a 46.94-hectare of seafronting prime land here worth RM4.5 billion in a deal involving the Johor royalty.

Also present at the ceremony were the Tunku Mahkota of Johor Tunku Ismail Idris, Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, R&F Properties Chairman Li Sze Lim and its Chief Executive Zhang Li.

– BERNAMA

http://www.nst.com.my/node/9166

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor $ultan is laughing all the way to the bank. Peter Lim must be sulking in his residence in Orchard Road. Damn!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Definitely will put pressure on his development.
China developer has a lot of resources to wow potential buyers.
Local developers very hard to compete on even footing

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder with all this new condos will Johor really to accept so many foreigners living there. Hope the government and the people really welcome those investing in this RF project. Just look at the toll charges and future jams , will Johor more of these...... not surprise there might be anti........
30,000 houses..... wow

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
"They (Singaporeans) have caused many problems, especially traffic congestion in the city centre," he said.

wonder if a few ang mo kio is in Johor , will we be appreciated for funding the growth of Johor.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Singaporeans throng Johor Bahru, Singaporeans are the causes of many problems

When Singaporeans all dont throng Johor Bahru, Singaporeans are also the causes of ALL the social and money problems there because no money inflow into JB. This is what they will say for sure

"They (Singaporeans) have caused many problems, especially traffic congestion in the city centre," he said.

wonder if a few ang mo kio is in Johor , will we be appreciated for funding the growth of Johor.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes misleading to us, the Singaporeans. I think the Malaysians will not be misled, since I understand that "Puteri" = "Princess"

yup , full marks! :smile:
but translation of tanjung is wrong. tanjung is cape. whereas cove is teluk.

so the direct translation should be PRINCESS CAPE! which doens't sound so nice.

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup , full marks! :smile:
but translation of tanjung is wrong. tanjung is cape. whereas cove is teluk.

so the direct translation should be PRINCESS CAPE! which doens't sound so nice.

Yeah u're right, sounds horrible! My dictionary says cove means a*small*sheltered*bay*in*the*shoreline*of*a*sea,*river,*or*lake. Is there really a sheltered bay there? Hmmm...

Anyway, i'm beginning to think all these many many developments planned for jb is gonna make either an epic transformation of jb into a bustling urban centre, or make an epic mess of it. I mean, just look at the jb skyline; it had hardly changed in the past 10 years. And just in the next 4-5 years, it is going to be shockingly different...that is, if all the projects planned and being contructed get completed.

So stay tuned boys anf girls!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in full confident JB is going to prosper and transform into city like New York. Is true that many foreigners is going to stay in JB. The landscape in JB finally change for the better.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in full confident JB is going to prosper and transform into city like New York. Is true that many foreigners is going to stay in JB. The landscape in JB finally change for the better.

Really? What informs your confidence? What data supports your view that it will not be a ghost town? What tells you this time is different?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ghost town wont happen in JB. JB infact is under develop. This is the right time foreign developer come in to help out. If JB only depend on local developer..... JB will never ever catch up with singapore. When foreign expats come in, all the condos will be snapped up. Many singaporeans look down on JB but within 5 years, JB will be a superb city. I can now imagine a lot of chinese from china and ang moh in JB in future.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Price WaterHouse Coopers 2014 listing of World Cities of Opportunities.
London 1st place, New York 2nd place, Spore 3rd place....JB Not listed.

1.London
2.New York
3.Singapore
4.Toronto
5.San Francisco
6.Paris
7.Stockholm
8.Hong Kong
9.Sydney
10.Chicago
11.Berlin
12.Los Angeles