• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I am not sure if everyone enjoys such a fast pace walk. You don't see that even in fast pace Singapore, why would you want to rush after moving to JB?

Agree. I am just saying the distance could be shorter than what some chap claim in this forum and is reachable by 10 minutes walk. Furthermore, is about a person intention whether he is rushing to go somewhere or walking without urgency.

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
China developers don't seem to have a conscience. They are just out to profit. At 30k units, Princess Cove is definitely a losing proposition, regardless how good the location is.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
China developers don't seem to have a conscience. They are just out to profit. At 30k units, Princess Cove is definitely a losing proposition, regardless how good the location is.

I would rather say that their market research is weak. They apply what they do in China to other parts of the world. They did not realize that building entire towns is not the way to go, even if they are welcome by the monarch. Johor Bahru does not even have the population of a third tier city in China...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above doesn't apply only to their developers but also to almost all other businesses from China.

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's dangerous to invest on hope. In such a massive project, the tide is already against you. Even if population grows, it's unlikely to sustain the oversupply of luxury condos, which are dependent on mainly SPRs & S'poreans.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above doesn't apply only to their developers but also to almost all other businesses from China.

The above point is actually quite skewed because food scandal, exploitation of workers, bullying practices are also common in the West. Walmart, Starbucks, Kraft, Yum Foods etc have all been exposed of bad practices.

The problem is we are predominantly an English speaking community with a reverence towards the West. Hence, when such things happen in China, we generalize them to all Chinese companies there. On the other hand, if they happen in the West, we take them as exceptions.

The Western press is the greatest marketing mechanism ever.

Having said that, Chinese indeed take the short cut here. They just replicate a strategy that worked for them for the past twenty years in China to Malaysia. Interestingly, they did so because the strategy no longer works in the current Chinese market condition. I just think they are sloppy.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore took 30 years to double our population. Our foreign direct investments during this time total more than 768 billion SGD. In 30 years, most of us here are old enough to withdraw our minimum sum from CPF. Please let us know what is your projection for JB in catching up with Singapore's population which is 3 times more. Do you think the foreign investment will be even 1/3 of that in the next 10 years?

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
China developers are not fools. I doubt it is due to poor research or sloppiness. They likely thought Msia ppty could sell well by targeting PRC investors, with the intention to launder their ill-gotten wealth. In the process, affecting the supply and demand balance and killing the market for everybody else.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand that many are worry of unoccupied condos in future. As i mention earlier, location is important. In years to come, many big companies are setting their companies here and they will bring in many expatriates (angmohs, chinese & singaporeans). Many locals from other state will migrate to JB too. These are the people are going to rent up these places. Many singaporeans will also renting condos here too when their companies start operating in iskandar. Do you know how much Singaporean Companies invested in Iskandar? Is a lot.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
China developers are not fools. I doubt it is due to poor research or sloppiness. They likely thought Msia ppty could sell well by targeting PRC investors, with the intention to launder their ill-gotten wealth. In the process, affecting the supply and demand balance and killing the market for everybody else.

Yes, it is obvious the J.B. mega-projects target China buyers. I saw for myself, busloads and busloads of China buyers getting off their buses at Country Garden showroom/sales office in Danga Bay. But Political Events can change everything in 1 second flat. You see how easily Singapore people can be dissuaded from crossing the Causeway en masse? Similarly, Political Events can shut off the flow of China buyers and China money into the J.B. property developments.

Once the flow of buyers and money is shut off, it's game over for the property industry. And i repeat myself: the flow can be shut off at a whim, and in 1 second flat or less. :eek:

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perhaps, but they did mention they are targeting Singaporeans and SPRs. Also, the Chinese government are curbing corruption and have an extradition agreement with Malaysia. While the Malaysia Second Home scheme is attractive to many Chinese, they don't have a good feeling about Malaysia after MH370 too. So I doubt their strategy works. They just think of JB as Shenzhen and move in without thinking. Given R&F's credit rating and debt levels, I don't think they are a particularly disciplined, smart and prudent company.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just buy a project thats well located by local developer if have doubts abt china developers. If really unsure, wait and see, do more research. There are really a lot of unsold units in JB

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was not their original intention. What else can they do now that PRCs refuse to put their money in Msia after MH370?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a Malaysian working in singapore. I don't like princess cove location, it's dirty and run down and the whole stretch doesn't have an upmarket vibe. also it's too expensive for JB.
no offense to genuine PC buyers. but to those who haven't buy, go look at the location first, especially the surrounding stulang area. drive up the road to the zone and see what kind of business is there. nightclub and ktv, right? that's your future tenants at P&C.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a Malaysian working in singapore. I don't like puteri cove location, it's dirty and run down and the whole stretch doesn't have an upmarket vibe. also it's too expensive for JB.
no offense to genuine PC buyers. but to those who haven't buy, go look at the location first, especially the surrounding stulang area. drive up the road to the zone and see what kind of business is there. nightclub and ktv, right? that's your future tenants at P&C.

Incidentally the red-light district D14 in Singapore has one of the best rental yield... :p

Princess Cove at 1st link. Puteri Cove is at 2nd link. :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incidentally the red-light district D14 in Singapore has one of the best rental yield... :p

Princess Cove at 1st link. Puteri Cove is at 2nd link. :wink:

ahhh damit. you'd think they wouldn't name their condos so similarly. i've corrected my earlier post. ta, mate.

yes, red light D14 has good rental yield, correct. But you have to dig deeper. Why does it have good rental?

Answer is because they are many transient population in geylang, and the price hasn't appreciated that much compare to other more "residential" districts due to the proximity to red light establishments. some banks also do not lend to buyers of red light properties, so that also keeps prices in check. in PC the price from developer is already high. there are lots of cheaper apartments to rent in JB. One of my friends bought a upper floor lot in geyland for rental, rental was good, but he gave up after a few years cos the tenants were giving him a headache. which is exactly the kind of problems i'd expect for a rental property in geyland.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahhh damit. you'd think they wouldn't name their condos so similarly. i've corrected my earlier post. ta, mate.

yes, red light D14 has good rental yield, correct. But you have to dig deeper. Why does it have good rental?

Answer is because they are many transient population in geylang, and the price hasn't appreciated that much compare to other more "residential" districts due to the proximity to red light establishments. some banks also do not lend to buyers of red light properties, so that also keeps prices in check. in PC the price from developer is already high. there are lots of cheaper apartments to rent in JB. One of my friends bought a upper floor lot in geyland for rental, rental was good, but he gave up after a few years cos the tenants were giving him a headache. which is exactly the kind of problems i'd expect for a rental property in geyland.

Geylang's psf shot up to nearly match the nearby districts from 2010 to 2012. I was closely monitoring it and nearing bought one there, but in the end I didn't as I did not want to be associated with the lucrative trade :p

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang's psf shot up to nearly match the nearby districts from 2010 to 2012. I was closely monitoring it and nearing bought one there, but in the end I didn't as I did not want to be associated with the lucrative trade :p

that's right. i also almost bought a geylang prop many years ago, and it was for own stay! luckily i checked with other more experienced house buyers. all of them just told me "you want people mistaking your (daughter, sister, wife etc) for prostitute"? the point is geylang was cheaper than surrounding residential. hence rental yield is good. PC is more expensive than all it's surrounding residential. don't think rental yield will be that great. if talking about sea fronting condo in jb town, i'd think danga bay is much nicer. at least it's nearer to the istana , less hanky panky there.

Status
Not open for further replies.